It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MSM news endorses guilty without trial in Flroida DNA legislation

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   
I don't know what it more disturbing, the news itself, the media spin on it, or the lack of public reaction. This editorial covers not only the news itself with some poignant remarks, but also gives a point by point breakdown of how the media uses disinformation tactics in order to further the agenda and goals of an ever-more oppressive police-state.

Guilty until proven innocent - Florida to take DNA upon arrest

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   
I have to admit, that when I read the article, I didn't realize this program was already in place in 21 states? Has this ever been challenged in front of SCOTUS? It's one thing to collect DNA from convicts, another whole thing to collect it from people who are arrested. Especially considering that you can be arrested without proof of anything. Police can arrest you simply for the purposes of investigation. Which means that anywhere, anytime, police can now take your DNA so long as they have "probable cause" which we all know how easy that is.

Anyway, I thought Florida was leading the way. I can't believe 21 states allow police to take DNA whenever they want, but it is still illegal to force a bereathalyzer. (Not that I would support that either, just sayin.)

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by CobraCommander This editorial covers not only the news itself with some poignant remarks, but also gives a point by point breakdown of how the media uses disinformation tactics in order to further the agenda and goals of an ever-more oppressive police-state.

WTF... thanks MSM, why don't you start telling everyone aspartame prevents cancer and GMO foods will make us healthier while your at it...

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by EmVeeFF

I have a certain nack for pulling apart news stories like this myself, the way they did in that article. It's almost a game to be able to do it and see thru the crap. Kind of fun on the one hand. But on the other, so scary that no one else even tries to think for themselves, for the most part.

new topics

top topics

join