It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

For all you "LEO's" out there

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Yes, I must confess, I do like quotation marks. They can be very effective. I pose this question to you in "Law Enforcement".

You say that you are just doing your job, that you only go after the bad guys, that one should just not break the law, that you do not violate a persons rights to Life Liberty and Property. Well answer me this boy wonders, Why do you fear the camera? Why do you stop doing your "job" to confront people video taping you doing your job if you are doing nothing wrong? What are you trying to hide?

edit on 22-6-2011 by NuroSlam because: (no reason given)

For the record, this post has nothing to do with my personal feelings concerning the LEO, it is strictly in the interest of understanding how this sort of thing happens and why

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 22-6-2011 by NuroSlam because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by NuroSlam

Hey come on now - they are just doing there jobs.

Times are tough and we can't expect them to just walk away from their jobs just because they are asked to follow some unsavoury polices. They are usually only following orders.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Exuberant1

The thread is about them hassling and arresting people who videotape them. Not about them 'doing their jobs'. If they were just 'doing their jobs' they wouldn't be arresting people for legally videotaping them. Unless they have something to hide that is......

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

Unless they have something to hide that is......

I can only speak to the ones that I know personally, but for me, most of them do.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 09:14 AM
link   
I love the way he says she said something to him BEFORE she began recording, what a t*** typical, I don't think police will ever get respect again, even in the UK now they are no more than a pack of licensed thugs.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   

What it is that you are actually expecting to happen here?

Any cop, who has been involved in a situation similar to what you have described, and is guilty of having something to hide, is not going to come on here and give you an honest answer. The only logical outcome that one could be expecting is a heated debate, that will never be resolved, because neither side (for or against) will change their mind. Even if they did, they would never come out and admit it here.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Exuberant1

They are usually only following orders.

That's a historically infamous quote you threw out there...

I've seen far too many officers who view the same citizens they are supposed to protect as prey, letting the same laws they are supposed to enforce go ignored, while they exercise the sadist within and even get away with it by merely stating "the job is stressful."

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   
I just love how she says "All I have is a camera, I'm CLEARLY not wearing anything"

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   
I have only one question. How would you feel if someone came to your job and just started video tapeing you and everything you did? Bet you'd get annoyed after awhile.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Hey come on now - they are just doing there jobs.

Times are tough and we can't expect them to just walk away from their jobs just because they are asked to follow some unsavoury polices. They are usually only following orders.

So were Nazis...

So was Lord Rutherford when he made the first atom bomb...

Being willing to dispose of your basic human ethics ...

...for a paycheck...?

...admirable?

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   
All I know is a good buddy of mine dropped out of Police/Swat training when he realized he was no longer himself. He was always a free spirit, with a huge heart which led him into law enforcement thinking that he could help save lives and make a difference. His attitude began to quickly change, as he went through training, it got to the point that his own mother said it was a chore to have him over for dinner, he was constantly carrying this new found negative energy towards others. He didn't just hear it from her, he got it from friends, he got it from his ex-girlfriend, and thankfully he heard the message. It wasn't instantaneous but he began to reflect on who he was and who he had become, and realized that he wasn't happy with what he saw. He dropped out, and now he details cars while he is making new life decisions...He has never once regretted leaving the force, and feels that he will eventually find how to fulfill his calling to help others in a positive, not negative way.

Sorry to be long winded, but I believe it is pertinent to this thread.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by moonrunner
I love the way he says she said something to him BEFORE she began recording, what a t*** typical

Come on now, he is just covering his ass.

This way he could say she threatened him or something and that is why he was forced to bring the pain down on her.

It is how things are done.

Write your congressman if you want to change things.

*I'm not being serious here. Just pre-empting the cops on here is all.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by j35us

Who said it?

It sounds legit enough a reason to do a thing, right?

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by j35us

Who said it?

It sounds legit enough a reason to do a thing, right?

The Nazi's at Nuremburg.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheRealTruth84
All I know is a good buddy of mine dropped out of Police/Swat training when he realized he was no longer himself. He was always a free spirit, with a huge heart which led him into law enforcement thinking that he could help save lives and make a difference.

I attended police foundations for one term and quit. They literally tell you that, and I quote, "You aren't here to help people, you are here to write tickets and perform arrests; to the majority of the population, you are just the enemy. It's 'us' against 'them' more often than not."

Anyone who would stay in their training after such a speech is bound to have ill-intent for the kids-table amounts of power that comes with it.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   
The way I see it, police are hated until they are needed. People need to understand that there both good and bad cops out there, just the same as any other line of work. It's unfortunate the media only focuses on the bad ones.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 09:29 AM
link   
in my personal experience it is because it brings out the worst in people. ever notice how when someone breaks out a camera at a party people go stupid acting like retards to get on camera? same principal. except it turns violent lots of times. people want to make a scene for the camera in the hopes of it going on Utube. a lot of people make it into an ego thing. they dont want to seem like a "b!tch" on film so they go stupid on it. it personally just causes a lot of problems. also those people that are there videoing are doing nothing to help the situation and mostly are just hindering the progress going on. now to be fair i will say that some need to be videoed. just like any work force you have good and bad here. the problem is that there is just such a higher level of bad that you can go with this job. we are given an INCREDIBLE amount of power and responsibilities. you can do great things or you can do horrendous things. it all depends on the type of person that you are. myself personally depending ont he siutuation, if it is a bad enough scene and i catch you videoing the scene dont think i wont sieze your camera and copy the video if i think i will need that as part of my evidence in the prosecution. and depending on what you have on it you may or may not get your video back. some things are not released back due to laws and common sense. before you scream NWO or Police state think of this, if i am working a scene and your son/brother/family member is killed or horribly maimed or even has the video contain harmful material such as knowledge that he has AIDS of something would YOU want that released for every sick A_HOLE to get a hold of it. so please use some common sense and try to weed out the good guys from the bad guys dressed like good guys.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chance321
I have only one question. How would you feel if someone came to your job and just started video tapeing you and everything you did? Bet you'd get annoyed after awhile.

Coming onto private property and interfering with a business is one thing, this is being doing on public streets in the name of the common good by "civil servants". Two different issues. In fact he broke the law of trespassing on private property.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ray1850
The way I see it, police are hated until they are needed. People need to understand that there both good and bad cops out there, just the same as any other line of work. It's unfortunate the media only focuses on the bad ones.

Not to mention the ones not in the media, the ones I've had to deal with when I need their "help"; they don't want anything to do with you unless they can act like they are superior to you. Most of these guys are mentally anguished, aged, bratty thugs that were bullied in high school and haven't grown up since.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Ray1850

Yes, there are both good and bad cops. But I think the overwhelming majority of cops are bad.
I say that because, from my first hand conversations with former cops, and what I've read from those who elected to leave the police force, the good get muscled out by the bad for being unwilling to "play ball."

What you are left with, much of the time, are a bunch of power drunk bullies willing to cover for one another no matter what illegal, brutal or horrific acts they commit.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join