It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is this thing on Mars?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Is this a UFO?? I'm confused a bit.

Mars Rover

[edit on 9-8-2004 by deeprivergal]

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 11:42 AM
link   
LOL!

No, it's the top of a screw....lol. That's a bar (or such) running horizontal in the view and that is a screw head sticking up from the top of it.

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 11:44 AM
link   
You're laughing at me Val that makes me sad. No seriously thank you for clearing that up for me. I was a bit confused. It didn't look like a screw. It still doesn't but I trust you to know what you're talking about

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 11:46 AM
link   
NO! I'm NOT laughing at you.

When I opened it I though WTF?!? And then I realized what I was looking at....I was laughing at ME!

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 11:47 AM
link   
NO I was teasing you. lol

I must be pretty stupid because I don't see how it can be a screw. Think you could draw a picture for me? I don't see the horizontal bar that you are talking about.

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 11:47 AM
link   
A screw, bolt, or rivet maybe?

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Remember, you're looking through the MICROSCOPIC camera...things may appear bigger than they really area!

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Gotta say I was baffled as well. That screw really does look like a flying saucer!!

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 11:59 AM
link   
LOL you really did draw me a picture.

Ok where you wrote "part of rover" and the arrow, below the arrow, there is a light, what is that?

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 12:07 PM
link   
it looks like the screw is embedded into a horizontal cylindrical bar. The light patch looks like a reflection or highlight.

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by deeprivergal
LOL you really did draw me a picture.

Ok where you wrote "part of rover" and the arrow, below the arrow, there is a light, what is that?

Well, if you take a metal bar and you stand with the light behind you and striking the bar, it will have reflection at the curvature of the bar facing you. That's what's happening in this. The light is coming from behind the camera and highlighting the curvature of the bar. As the bar curves away, the light fades away.

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 02:34 PM
link   
I get it now, I'm have my dumb moments from time to time. Thank you for pointing out the obvious to me lol

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Oh, I see it now. I guess it is a screw. But if that's true then why are they showing a picture of this?

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 04:23 PM
link   
To see how many conspiracy threads will start and have a laugh????

Bet they are sat in NASA HQ, watching this thread and others having a giggle............lol

I thought it was a UFO at first too.....but then realised what it was after a couple of mins.

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Sure its a screw.

But what "they" won't tell you is that it is an intergallactic federation alien screw of extreme power!!!!

*Ex NASA guy humor*

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 07:28 AM
link   
I still fail to see it as a screw, even after zooming right into it. I see no signs of it penetrating anything. Also having looked at pictures of the rover, I fail to see any horizontal bar of which this may be a picture of. The bar to me looks like the horizon of the planet.

This being said, I have no idea what it is. I am sure if it were really a UFO, the picture would not have been released.

So I have no idea and no guesses as to what it is.

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 08:15 AM
link   
No, It's a microscopic Ufo that landed on the rover. LOL

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 08:57 AM
link   
I feel pretty good about myself...I just quickly clicked the link, and didn't read the thread (never do on these, as I like to make up my own mind without opinions of others before I see it).... I came to the same conclusion Val did, though I looked at it twice before I came to that, hehe....

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Thanks Gazrok

Make the rest of us feel dumb.

*Pouts in corner*

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Thanks Gazrok

Make the rest of us feel dumb.

*Pouts in corner*

Nah...I'm just a skeptic first, so I really look for the mundane, before jumping to the fantastic. Most of us want to believe, so it's easy to make the leap first... I've seen proof enough for me, so I don't need to believe, I KNOW (for myself anyhow), but I've also seen more than my share of hucksters and whackos to know better than to accept any evidence at face value....

That and I'm pretty good at those "What's This?" pictures (close ups of ordinary objects, that are hard to tell what they are....play a lot of Mind Trap...)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join