It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cops are exploiting the drug epidemic that has plauged out inner cities

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 12:58 AM
link   
I was just watching the program "cops" and seen somthing that really made me quite angry at our legal system.

Here is the scene:

They have an undercover sitting outside of an apartment complex ( a black male ) selling fake cocain, crack, whathaveyou.

A person is walking home ( Another black male), minding his oun buisness, and he is approached by the undercover. He did not walk up to the undercover, the undercover approached him. The undercover then takes out the drugs, puts them in the victims hands ( I use the word victim because thats what I believe he is), And trys talking him into buying them.
The victim then smells the container, hands the drugs back to the man, and clearly shakes his head no. Once the subject starts to walk away the poliece rush in tackle the man and handcuff him. I believe this was an unjust arrest because the man clearly did not want the drugs.

I can see how they are going to use the fact that he smelled the drugs agenst him. However, I thought to myelf, if this was me I would of done the same thing. I smoke weed but have never used any REAL drugs ever in my life. But im a curious fellow and would of most deffinitly checked out what this guy had, even tho I knew I wasnt going to buy anything. This has to be the worst way of going out and catching a so called "criminal". I would call it Entrapment but im sure there are those of you that dissagree.

[edit on 9-8-2004 by Tr33stump]

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 06:27 AM
link   
i swear, undercover cops are the lowest forms of pigs that are out there. they pretend to be your friend and are secretly trying to send your ass to jail. its like there actually trying to fill our over crowded prison system.

"yeah and you dont stop, cause its 187 on an undercover cop"

dr dre & snoop doggy dogg - deep cover

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 06:55 AM
link   
This type of sting is the lowest form of law enforcement.
Cops should not be selling drugs, or fake drugs as a means of cleaning the streets of drugs. Most of the time you see this on the show "Cops" you can see the little piggies get real excited when they get to take somebody's car, or speedboat, or guns. l know they will probably not get a speedboat working in the "projects", but I have watched them do the sell sting in more affluent areas where they can take the toys away from joe citizen. These confiscated toys are supposed to be sold at auction to benefit law enforcement, but a deputy here in Arizona recently resigned because he was caught with his hand in the cookie jar. The whole system is set up to allow law enforcement officers to get their hands in the till and fill their pockets with undocumented money.

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Not only is this a really low form of 'law enforcement' but I believe it is entrapment, and illegal for cops to do. I am no lawyer, but there is a fine line between an undercover cop, and an undercover criminal.

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by bzap
Not only is this a really low form of 'law enforcement' but I believe it is entrapment, and illegal for cops to do. I am no lawyer, but there is a fine line between an undercover cop, and an undercover criminal.

I agree his defence lawyer will be able to get this trown out. I think the leagal term is Inducement. Its the smae with the female prostitute sting. She has to get the guy to offer to pay before she can arrest him. I am a law and order guy, but I agree with you guy this tactic is crappy and should be exposed by the media.

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 09:15 AM
link   
that CAN'T be all there is to it. What crime was committed?? As far as I know, NOT buying drugs has never been a crime.

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 03:38 PM
link   
That IS all there is to it. In my eyes this man did nothing wrong, he was just another victem of out corrupt system.

I was watching court tv last night and they were doing a special on internet pediphiles (spell?). There is someone out there exposing who these ppl are by pretenging to be children on internet chatrooms and flirting with them and whatnot. Anyway, these people are NOT being prosicuted (spell?) and the reason for this is, says the cheif of poliece they interviewed " We just dont have the manpower to put these people behind bars." (not an exact quote but somthing similar). IMO that is a load of BS. They have more than enough people to set up little operations like the one I talked about previously, and they have plenty of officers sitting on the roadside not really doing anything productive. I see cops sitting outside a 7/11 on a daily basis just sitting in their cars talkong to eachother ,but they dont have the manpower to get these pediphiles away from their computers where they can take advantage of children. Thats BS IMHO.

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 06:24 AM
link   
That is taking the piss i wouldnt of thought you could do that i couldnt imagin a pig doing that in britain the victim would go straight to the Sun & make a killing selling the story. the tabloids would love it probably have the cop done at the end of it.

a side note did anyone ever see the xfiles when they shot it in 'cops' style? only seen it once but it was good wot i rember

posted on Aug, 12 2004 @ 10:41 PM
link   
And we are sposed to be the land of the free. Riiight. I think not. I myself have never been to europe but I hope to live there one day maybe. How do your laws differ from ours? Is your law enforcment as corrupt as ours? Do they single out any certain people of race?

As for the x files question, no Im not an avid x files fan. Ive only watch it here and there.Sounds interesting tho.

posted on Aug, 15 2004 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Can someone please provide some info on the legal system or law enforcement system in Europe? Im particularly interested in England, Spain, and of cource Amsterdam

top topics

join