It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Civilian Brutality: ON POLICE

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

Personally I get off when humans put their lives on the line daily are shat upon by wankers that wouldn't say a word in a cops face but feel more than willing to be "manly" on an internet forum.

"There's one in every crowd" does not seem to apply here because THERE ARE MANY.

Lots of Billy-Bada$$es here, fo shizzle. REally a test of the Ego for me...and think I will stick to the metaphysics for a while after this one.
edit on 18-6-2011 by capod2t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

Originally posted by SyphonX
Where do you people get off.

Personally I get off when humans put their lives on the line daily are shat upon by wankers that wouldn't say a word in a cops face but feel more than willing to be "manly" on an internet forum. That's just me though.

By the looks of the OP some of the people that say it aren't afraid of the cops as you suggest, not that I encourage what they do, I'm opposed to senseless violence, I'm just pointing out a fact.

I'll say this to cops out there, if a criminal tries to hit you, defend yourself, if they try to shoot you do what you have to do. Some of us aren't anti-cops like you want to believe. We are against military style intrusion into our lives. Fight back against criminals that try and hurt you, but just remember that there is a real difference between doing your job and taking it to far, that's when we get fired up. Do your jobs right, be the good guys and we will jump in and defend you, turn this country into a police state in an attempt to fight the bad guys and risk the peasants growing restless. Most of us want to be on your side, remember that.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   
What you fail to point out is that the failure in LEO and public relations lies solely with policy makers. Many of our laws are insane and pointless. Those who choose to uphold these laws should understand that they are going to catch the backlash of such idiotic police states. Johnny public needs to grow a spine and take the government back (not going to happen anytime soon). Police training is absurd though. All this psycho babble crap about taking control with aggression is destroying what U.S. American policing used to be and should be all about. Cops should be your neighborhood homies. They should be respected, not feared.

Anyone content with the current state of law enforcement and the judicial system should have their head examined.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by capod2t

I was hoping to avoid people with your angry, resentfulness on this thread. I acknowledged in the very beginning of the OP many of your points. And those are not the points of this thread. This thread merely shows another perspective. I am not suggesting to dismiss other points, just set them aside so I can put law enforcement in a different light of what has become "popular."

Then I misread the intent of your original post and for that I apologize.

For a minute there I thought I was ready Jack Bauer's medical records.

Ole Jack is always calm and cool. I'd be lying if I said wasn't scared to death in every one of those instances. I believe the only reason I made it through them was I didn't panic.

I dislike cops (or anyone, for that matter) who have attitudes or are on a power trip;
Sometimes I route for the bad guy (and not just in the movies);
My loyalty rests in my integrity more so than in any fraternity, organization, membership or co-workers;
I do enjoy certain privileges due to my position, although I have come not to expect or abuse them;
I believe in treating people with dignity and respect, until they become a potential threat, at which point I will respond in kind;

On this we can agree. There are LEO's out there than live by the same as what you describe, I know as I've met a few. It's unfortunate that those men and women are few and far between. If those few were to stand against the corrupt they would have my utmost respect. I do have sympathy for bad things that happen to good cops, but, I do feel a bit pleased when I see karma bite a bad cop in the ass.

I see you safe and protected, and wish you well.

Namaste

And you as well.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Many people don't realize where most of their problems come from.........and take it out on the only authority figure. Many of societies ill come from our flawed social system and economies.

What do you expect from a society which encourages people to be ignorant, violent and moronic trash? This is one of the negative consequences of dumbing down your entire population through the use of tel-lie-vision, prescription drugs, cheap beer, lack of educational resources, scam economics, corrupt justice and every other trick in the book.

This is also another example of how the insidious War on Drugs has been a massive failure. But do the piece of trash corrupt legislators care? Of course not - it's not their lives which are being put on the line on a daily basis. As long as they benefit from their despicable policies, these people do not care how much innocent blood gets shed along the way. Not much difference from what is going on with America's foreign policy.

The country has been sold out; good luck in getting it back.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   

This is the way I treat people on calls it always turns out better, however I will get an ID.

Secure

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Yeah guys!!! Never forget, there were good Nazis too!!! Remember Schindler??? He was one of the good ones.

For fairness, I don't think all police are Nazis. I know many police officers. I do however think that no person can work as a police officer for 20+ years and not make mistakes. No one can work any job for 20 years without mistakes. The problem is that Police, like surgeons or pilots, always have more potential for harm with any one mistake than the average joe working at wal mart.

When cops make mistakes. People die, Lose their freedom, lose their kids, lose their property, and often times these situations, especially in cases of life and death, can't be remedied with a simple "sorry my mistake".

If states allowed normal people to take more of the law into their own hands on a daily basis, if the law was designed to be executed equally between police fire and citizens, then there would be fewer instanced of police feeling like everyone at a scene is a criminal or potential problem. The police officers have to assume EVERY person within the scope of a crimes commission are possibly dangerous suspects.

So in effect Police never trust anyone. They have to be suspicious of everyone. So after a few interactions with that kind of personality, most people become suspicious of the police because they know the police are suspicious of them.

Catch 22.
edit on 18-6-2011 by Butterbone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by SphinxMontreal

What do you expect from a society which encourages people to be ignorant, violent and moronic trash?

Don't care to much for the US, eh?

Thanks for sharing your perspective.

We're all in this together (eventually).
edit on 18-6-2011 by capod2t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Simon_Boudreaux

Glad you came back to review my response.

Thanks and look forward to swapping more with you.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by xXxtremelySecure

Great video. I get ID also. But he handled it well. Great rapport, yet he exudes an aura that he could and would handle himself well should the situation go in another direction.

Thanks for the input.

Off-topic: Oceanside! I was out at Pendleton for infantry school - full of schisters that town.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 01:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by capod2t
reply to post by Simon_Boudreaux

cops being too lax in being aware of their surroundings.

I stated how easy it would be to Monday Morning quarterback. Are you a cop? Have you ever been shot at? for your information, this cop had already been counseled on using excessive force in the past with previous non-compliant subjects, hence the hesitation. So basically, what you have here is a 2-year deputy, having been counseled before, in a traffic stop with a subject with a clean criminal history, who decided today was the day he would execute a cop. But of course, YOU know what YOU would have done.

If you were trying to use these videos as an excuse as to why cops have a habit of being excessive in the force they use then I have to say you failed.

No - you failed. You fail to see what the cops are up against and, until you are in those shoes, you might just "shut the front door" until you can speak from experience of which, you have none.

But thanks for your useless response.
edit on 17-6-2011 by capod2t because: (no reason given)

If police officers abided by the Constitution, particularly the 1st, 4th and 13th Amendments they wouldn't be so hated. Police officers as they stand willfully violate the Constitution by enforcing unconstitutional law's. In fact no where does the constitution grant them the right to do what they are doing.

Most of them are just thugs with badges that watch out for their fellow officers(blue shield).

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 01:47 AM
link   
Videos of cops getting killed

This thread will be flagged for sure!
The other day, I saw a fat cop walking the beat. Fat cops always make me chuckle.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 01:59 AM
link   
Lets compare the dead statistics of LEO's from the 1950's to present times. Very different times.

Remember when the police actually did investigations instead of busting down doors and killing people?

Remember when the police issued warnings instead of steep heavy fines and brutality?

Remember when the police were accountable to the public?

We are living in the worst of times. We do in fact live in a police state. Younger folks do not understand. Seems that the Y generation has accepted the awful tyranny of the folks who are supposedly there to protect us.

Time to write your congressmen and senators. I have.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 04:50 AM
link   
reply to post by brilab45

No police force in the history of mankind has ever been there to protect the people. Police are the enforcers of laws set by a self professed ruling class.

To enforce is to apply force. Police force. Police are not public servants, they are the fist of the people who believe it is their duty and right to lord over the "plebs". Policemen individually may join the force with the best of intentions, but all municipalities in the US right now actually rely on the money generated by tickets and fines.
That's why poor people don't get fines, because they have no way of paying them anyway.
You don't fine a crackhead.
You give a fine to a middle class soccer mom because her family has some extra cash and believes they can't afford to have her license suspended or all the extra activities time will be ruined.

Police are the hands that milk the middle class when new taxes can't be applied overtly.

Just look at speeding tickets as a concept. Lets set up signs, that range anywhere between 25 and 55 miles per hour and then if someone goes over one of those limits, and we can be sitting there and assume they are driving faster than that limit, or we can use a totally un reliable radar or laser device that the public paid for, then we get to give them a ticket.
We make them pay, for moving even slightly faster than a posted sign says that they can move, even though the car they bought is supposed to be capable of speeds up to 120 miles per hour, lets just make sure we can squeeze even just another hundred bucks out of someone.

Same scenario. Machine Gun. A manufacturer cannot make a new machine gun and sell it to a private citizen.
A law was passed that machine guns were bad, and could cause too much death, so they were banned for use by regular people. Under the speeding model, I should be allowed to buy a machine gun, and simply get a fine or ticket anytime I get caught shooting bullets in fully automatic mode. As long as I can switch the selector to semi automatic, then I am capable of shooting in semi auto mode which is legal.

But no, they still make cars that have a speedometer that read 160-200 mph, and it's my responsibility to not speed, even though the local government is counting on me speeding to make a little extra money.

Logically, since speeding has always been seen as bad, and it kills hundreds of thousands every year, then cars should be built to automatically slow down to the speed limit in every area. A radio burst regulator could be on each car and each speed sign could broadcast the speed in that zone and the car could be governed to no greater than that speed and that technology has been around since the 50's.

But they won't do it because it's not about rights, and liberty and freedom and responsibility.

It's about money, and authority and the right to BE right as long as it suits you. And if you are a fat lazy judge or council member who likes steak 3 times a day, then you can't be the one pestering someone in the middle of nowhere for a $120 ticket.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 04:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Butterbone

Well... I can't argue with you. You do realize we are in agreement?

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by brilab45

Oh I wasn't attempting to argue with you at all. I was posting for the OP.

The reality is that 90% of Americans completely understand the dangerous nature of police work. We understand that they put their lives on the line. We understand that they "in theory" do not go to work everyday hoping they get to shoot a soccer mom because her 7 year old tossed a twinkie wrapper out the window.

The "other" reality is the 98% of Americans are afraid when they get pulled over, or notice a cop looking in their direction. Even if we know we aren't doing anything wrong, or illegal, we know KNOW, that if they want to, they can arrest us for no reason and simply claim we were ignoring instructions or interfering with an officer, and even if the case gets tossed out, they can keep us for 24 hours and beat the crap out of us en route to the police station, and the number of Americans who have a police brutality story that is less than 2 people removed from themselves is so HIGH, that you just can't ignore the facts.

And that facts are, that people who take the job of police officers, enjoy the authority, and the perks, and the protection that being a police officer affords them. Eventually, no matter what, any cop will take advantage in some way of being a cop. They'll skirt a drunk driving charge, or a speeding charge, or running a red light, or something. As soon as they become OK doing that, normal people can't trust them. And since we all know they do it, we are all forced to assume every cop we meet, is possibly "that cop". The one who will take advantage, or mistreat us, or just use his position to get away with whatever he can.

People bash cops, because cops have earned, as a whole, a reputation for being hypocrites. I can do this, and you can't, because I'm a cop. I can tell you what to do whenever I want, because I'm a cop. I can make you get out of your car in the rain without an umbrella and kneel down on the muddy side of the road, because I'm a cop.

Show me a cop who hasn't taken advantage of his position even once, and I'll prove to you that cop hasn't been on the job more than a week.

I trust and believe in cops, exactly as much as I trust and believe in any armed person who thinks that they have a special right to tell me what to do.

"Remember this when you need the police".

I will and I do. I never call the cops. Cops don't save people. They make situations worse. I will call the cops when I need evidence collection done good enough to stand up in court. That's really all cops do in my opinion.
Pick that up, put it in a bag, seal the bag.
Write a ticket to the property owner for something associated with evidence collection.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join