It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Feds Drop Charges Against Osama Bin Laden!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Osama Bin Laden was never indicted for 9/11 but he was indicted thirteen years ago for blowing up two U.S. embassies in Africa. Now it appears the charges in that case have been dropped. Is it fair for "the most wanted man in the world" to get off on all charges against him? He will go down in history as not being convicted of ANYTHING!! No charges, no body, no nothing?? Oh i forgot, we have your "word".

Using a legal tool called "nolle prosequi" - ironically meaning "unwilling to pursue" the once most pursued man on the face of the planet - Judge Lewis Kaplan finally put an end to the case.

"Upon the foregoing recommendation, I hereby direct, with the leave of the court, that an order of nolle prosequi be filed as to defendant Osama bin Laden," U.S. Attorney Preet Bharara wrote on Thursday.

"So ordered," Kaplan wrote back Friday.

www.nydailynews.com...

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   
When someone is dead, isnt it normal to drop charges to save all the paperwork and legal trials involved?

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Makes sense to me.

What are they going to do, trial him from beyond the grave ?

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
When someone is dead, isnt it normal to drop charges to save all the paperwork and legal trials involved?

And how do you know he's dead?? Our closure is "just take my word for it"?? This is just another thing that makes me go "hmmmm".

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by solargeddon
Makes sense to me.

What are they going to do, trial him from beyond the grave ?

Yes. Billy The Kid is dead and people in Texas were petitioning to have him pardoned.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Only in America
2nd

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Why indite a dead man? Oh ya conspiracy theorists don't think he's really dead, even though al qaeda announced it's new leader right after it happened in May lol

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by rogerramjett
Only in America
2nd

so the guy NEVER gets indicted, never gets caught, nothing goes on his record? He was unarmed, killed and then thrown in the ocean?? Forgive me if i laugh

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   
already posted

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticAndBeliever
Why indite a dead man? Oh ya conspiracy theorists don't think he's really dead, even though al qaeda announced it's new leader right after it happened in May lol

Have you not read the HUNDREDS of threads on ATS disputing the facts of 9/11?? Forget him being dead, PROVE THAT HE DID IT!!! Because he's dead means he did it and had NO inside help?? EVERYBODY is dead and i haven't seen ONE shred of evidence!! If i rob your house then i tell you John Doe did it but i killed him..... Wouldn't you ask questions????????????

I'm sorry, you would just believe me, thank me, then go home and buy new stuff.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProphecyPhD

And how do you know he's dead?? Our closure is "just take my word for it"?? This is just another thing that makes me go "hmmmm".

Well, this is moving goalposts to another topic. I can only tell you what the Federal Judge assumes. The Judge couldnt do his work properly if it were based on ever shifting parameters.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Only in America
2nd

so the guy NEVER gets indicted, never gets caught, nothing goes on his record? He was unarmed, killed and then thrown in the ocean?? Forgive me if i laugh

Look at Quantonimo Bay, non of those guys will get indited and nothing goes on their record because Terrorism has no been separated from regular criminal activities due to the Patriot Act. Which is why all his re-Partiot Act acts of terrorism were shown on his record because they still fell under criminal law, which terrorism does not now (hence why you don't even need a warrent or trail for them). Oh and Osama was unarmed but his men were not and fired back at the special ops unit.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Only in America
2nd

Look at Quantonimo Bay, non of those guys will get indited and nothing goes on their record because Terrorism has no been separated from regular criminal activities due to the Patriot Act. Which is why all his re-Partiot Act acts of terrorism were shown on his record because they still fell under criminal law, which terrorism does not now (hence why you don't even need a warrent or trail for them). Oh and Osama was unarmed but his men were not and fired back at the special ops unit.

So if i accuse someone of doing something and then i kill them is the case closed??

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Only in America
2nd

So if i accuse someone of doing something and then i kill them is the case closed??

If it's a terrorist act you have committed/are suspected of committing and they say you showed physical force in anyway, then under the Patriot Act it is very likely that would happen. Remember that terrorists don't go through the justice system like an average criminal. In Abu Ghraib (Iraq prison) they tortured and even shot and killed a few of them in a "prison riot", and no soldier went to trial so it was "cased closed" as you put it. Do I think that's right? Hell no! But do you think that's likely to happen based on history of how the US deals with terrorists post 911? especially when it was the man that caused 911? Of course.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by ProphecyPhD

So you feel we are right and wrong at the same time? OBL was supposedly the greatest American threat to date. As an American i want ANSWERS!! We changed our laws to catch him right? Lets change them again and convict him after death (if we can, lol).

He's dead but the Patriot Act isn't.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 08:10 AM
link   
man when i seen this article i was like "wtf?!"

ok, i'm still like that.

www.volunteertv.com...

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 08:57 AM
link   
This happens all the time. It's routine. Some act like this is the first time this has ever happened. What do people expect? A trial in the afterlife?

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   
If Osama Bin Laden was actually guilty of anything they would have indicted him and held a trial/put evidence before a JUDGE. Said Judge would rule guilty if he was guilty.

This would give the United States legal authority to seize any property, money, assets held or created by the Al Quaeda network around the world.

By not doing this legal technicality....The United States has no legal recourse to submit something in the Pakistani Courts to seize Bin Laden's house.

Any other assets found in any other country therefor we couldn't lay legal claim to to get it from the other country.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   
they don't want to disturb him while W is torturing him at the crypt at S&B

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating

Hum all you like. His family says he's dead, Pakistan says he's dead, even Al Qaeda says he's dead.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join