It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SWAT use jumps dramatically

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Modern SWAT

While the frequency of SWAT operations has increased dramatically in recent years, jumping from 1,000 to 40,000 raids per year by 2001, it appears to have less to do with increases in violent crime and more to do with law enforcement bureaucracy and a police state mentality.

So there must be a lot more lunatics out there shooting at cops, right?

Indeed, according to Kraska’s estimates, 75-80 percent of SWAT callouts are now for mere warrant service.

Anybody with an unpaid parking ticket should be looking out for their door to be kicked in.

Just keeping America safe.

Police have also raided homes on the basis of mistaking the presence or scent of legal substances for drugs. Incredibly, these substances have included tomatoes, sunflowers, fish, elderberry bushes, kenaf plants, hibiscus, and ragweed.

They're intentionally making non-violent events violent. They're intentionally injecting terror and death into what was not long ago routine police action with little or no violence.

Over the weekend I happened to catch some old episodes of COPS from the early 90's or late 80's.
The difference between those episodes and current ones is night and day. The same offenses approached in completely different ways. Completely polar attitudes and personalities from the cops too.

I dont want to live like this.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Or, as another possibility...

Is this due to the fear on the LEOs behalf that they are now scared of our guns and they are charging in with full force and arms, just in case someone is waiting behind the door?

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere

I dont want to live like this.

I feel the same way. If this is how modern law enforcement works, I don't want to be part of it. Unfortunately a lot of people don't mind the added "safety" and until enough people care, nothing will change.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skewed
Or, as another possibility...

Is this due to the fear on the LEOs behalf that they are now scared of our guns and they are charging in with full force and arms, just in case someone is waiting behind the door?

If that were the case this excessive brutal force would only be applied when the person behind the door is expected to be armed and or dangerous.

Non-violent warrants dont lead to that concern.

If their fear is the excuse then they must be afraid of us as a whole to use fear as the justification for terrorizing people. Not our guns.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Mapkar

better get use to it for this is just the beginning, soon it will be just for an unpaid parking ticket and why do the know or not know that there is a gun in the house/ home no they do not and will act like there is rather than not.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

If this is the case, that is what I mean. Playing devils advocate a little bit, they do not know who has or who does not have a gun and they are not taking any chances.

However, if this crap keeps up, people may start rigging shotguns to their doors and when they get busted down the gun goes off right as they open the door. Now if they knocked, the outcome could be different.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skewed
However, if this crap keeps up, people may start rigging shotguns to their doors and when they get busted down the gun goes off right as they open the door.

I wonder about that as a home defense option.

Nothing says I can't keep a loaded shotgun by the door for defensive purposes. If you're forcing your way into my home you obviously arent invited. An acceptable risk to serve the warrant in question? I guess they'll have to decide that before knocking.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

Should not be hard to do.

Hang a notice on the door warning them of imminent injury or death if door is forcefully, or otherwise breached.

Then they can not say they were not warned.

edit on 14-6-2011 by Skewed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Skewed

yep this usual does the trick as long as your home and the trigger lock is off www.cvfsupplycompany.com...

top topics

join