It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Australian Drivers Licences A Prelude to RFID

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   
The QLD government has been rolling out new key card style drivers licences recently that look impossible to forge. They come with a chip that stores all your personal information including facial recognition data. They have various security features such as holographic images and resin inks used to embed raised images in the card. The ID photo is printed into the plastic rather then beneath laminates as was the previous system.

The new licence looks like this:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/240ce76b7029.jpg[/atsimg]

The facial recognition system output looks like this:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7c2a6a422aad.jpg[/atsimg]

The sheeple have been jumping on the bandwagon about these new licences and how secure they are, I don't understand why they can't see how dangerous this is. So the government now have the faces of everyone that has one of these licences on file as a facial recognition data set. That means where ever there are security cameras, which is everywhere in QLD, they can find where you are. They can track where you go and what you do. I still have my old laminated licence and when it runs out I think ill just drive with out one.

This isn't to far away from one of these:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3036f8dee1b8.jpg[/atsimg]
and a lot more palatable for the sheeple.

As they have a chip the above licence could easily be adapted to conduct transactions. So how long before we are told, here sheeple you can choose to have access to your money through your drivers licence. Then it will be, so many people are using their drivers licence to conduct transactions we have decided to get rid of non electronic currency. In my opinion the only difference between the Queensland drivers licence and an RFID chip is the technology used. At least with the above system you could escape off the grid without cutting your arm open. However once the sheeple are used to the above system it won't be long till RFID start to be introduced. In fact it wouldn't supprise me if they came up with a version that could fit in that chip.

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Had to renew mine recently, and was actually able to opt out.Kept my old licence (Australian spelling) and they just updated the old one with a label.Don't think I'll get away with that next time.

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Being someone who resides in QLD - i havent heard of this introduction before. Maybe I should keep an eye out on freinds and family who renew their licence. Scary none-the-less.. 'but mate, its for our own good.'

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by AusiAnarchist
So the government now have the faces of everyone that has one of these licences on file as a facial recognition data set.

Ok, you lost me there. Even without the RFID chip on the licence the government would have the photo on a database anyway (and thus ability to track you), so whats the connection to the chip?

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   
well looks like Im safe then, can't get my licence back for another 5 years and as for tracking people they haven't done a very good job with me and my cash in hand jobs while claiming the pension for the past 3 years, while driving unlicenced for the past 7 years the stupid pricks..... But I guess if I do get caught, I would do the time and waste a bit more of their money and get a holiday at the same time...

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

Ok there is a difference between having a photo taken and facial recognition. I don't know if your aware but there is now facial recognition software that enables operators of security cameras to pick people out of a crowd and track their movements.

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   
If I see the word "sheeple" one more time I think I'm going punch my monitor with the raging force of a hundred thousand suns...

The government is already perfectly able to track whomever they like anyway, all these new cards will do is make the job a little easier. In the ACT people have the card style license for ages now. A driver's license has long since ceased to be merely proof of your ability to drive a vehicle and been morphed into a convenient, all-in-one versatile indentification and tracking device.

The question is what can we do about it? I love driving, I'd drive from my computer to the kitchen to get myself a coffee if I could fit my Hilux into my apartment, so I'm not going to surrender my license in exchange for an illusion of privacy. The way I see it, if the government wants to watch me, then let 'em watch! I stand by my words and my actions, and the narcissist in me loves a bit of an audience. I'm also pretty curious to find out what the government would do if I did something they didn't like.

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by DeepThoughtCriminal

Well all you need to do is check out that guy on facebook who threatened to kill julia gillard and then rang up other members of the labor party telling them the same thing, they caught up with him pretty quick

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 01:48 AM
link   
reply to post by DeepThoughtCriminal

The question you should be asking is what you will do when the government asks you do something you don't want to do. You will have no choice because if you don't do it they will turn your money off, then track you down and throw you in an oven to reduce the worlds population. Lol. Sounds ridiculous but if even half of what the NWO conspiracists believe is happening then its not to far from the truth. Also it just grates on me having all these controls and security measures. Why do we need big brother, especially down here?

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Here is a little thing I found about RFID chips, enhanced driver's liscence, and the fast pass thing. There was a study made by the University of Washington about it. They claimed those chips could be detected up to 50 feet way.

RFID Security Issue

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Whatever you do, never, EVER put the RFID licenses in the microwave for a few seconds. Doing that will fry the circuitry and they won't be able to tag you.
So don't even THINK of placing it on a small dish and setting it for 12 seconds at high power. Because if you do that, they won't be able to track you and take care of you.
Remember, 12 seconds, high power, er, don't do it.
heehee

Beez

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

LO...have you ever seen Logan's Run...good movie.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

ha ha ha ah awsome I have a plan!

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Its just a real shame that the new licence doesnt come with instructions for operating a motor vehicle!,Some people could really use all the help they can get.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   
here in portugal they want to put it on the license plates.

for tolling purposes, even though tracking is implied.

wich i suspect in a near future will also be used to track carbon milleage, under the new emissions regulations and subsequent taxation.

hooray for the nanny system

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

top topics

join