It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WHO confirms that the bacterium E. coli is spread from person to person

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   
WHO confirms that E.coli is spread from person to person

La OMS confirma que la bacteria E. coli se transmite de persona a persona

The World Health Organization (WHO) today confirmed that the intestinal bacteria E. coli (EHEC) can be transmitted from person to person through fecal or oral route.

On the other hand, said the deadly strain of bacteria circulating in Germany had seen in man, but always sporadically and never in epidemic situations.

(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 4-6-2011 by noordmo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Another vaccine till autumn ???

The rapidly developing European E. coli outbreak that has killed 18 people and sickened thousands, including four suspected cases in the United States, has become the deadliest outbreak of E. coli in modern history.

AND
Scientists at the Beijing Genomics Institute said they have sequenced the genome of the strain, Xinhua, the official government news agency, reported. They reported the bacterium possesses genes giving it resistance to sulfonamide, cephalothin, penicillin, streptomycin and other antibiotics.
Link:
www.upi.com...

[url=http://www.noticias24.com/actualidad/noticia/260690/la-oms-confirma-que-la-bacteria-e-coli-se-transmite-de-persona-a-persona/]www.noticias24.com[ /url]
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by noordmo

The World Health Organization (WHO) today confirmed that the intestinal bacteria E. coli (EHEC) can be transmitted from person to person through fecal or oral route.

Is this the next STD for the ages then!

It is eerily similar to how the AIDS propaganda started with the targeting of homosexuals.
edit on 6/4/2011 by AnteBellum because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by noordmo

this is great news

in the sense they wont bother scaring us with h1n1 anymore.
acording to the WHO in these past years, all our foods are sick, from cows to chickens to pigs, now vegetables.

we better start eating their vaccines instead uh

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Alright kids, don't stick any of your parts into people's mouths, don't spit on anyone, no anal sex, can I say that on here? and no playing in poop. All good? ok....problem solved and e coli defeated

edit on 4-6-2011 by logicalthinking because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Population reduction throughout vaccination - same as swine flu ...

The World Health Organization said it has been confirmed the strain of bacteria is capable of infecting a victim through people-to-people contact.

Another link:
E.coli - people-to-people contact.

edit on 4-6-2011 by noordmo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by noordmo

And so... Now what?

Problem (created)

Reaction (directed)

Solution (goal)

Yup.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by AnteBellum

The oral or fecal route has nothing to do with homosexuality, it means that this bacteria can spread by people who aren't practicing proper hand hygiene.

For example, if I am infected, and then don't wash my hands after taking a dump, and then prepare food for a bunch of people, they will ingest orally the bacteria that came out of my fecal route, if you catch my drift.

Edit to Add:
This is also how Hepatitis A is spread, the "oral or fecal route".
Also, whether engineered or not, this outbreak will be used to sell another vaccine.
edit on 4-6-2011 by DrZERO because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by logicalthinking
Alright kids, don't stick any of your parts into people's mouths, don't spit on anyone, no anal sex, can I say that on here? and no playing in poop. All good? ok....problem solved and e coli defeated

Obviously you've never been to Mexico. It's a cesspool and it's right across the border.

link   

Originally posted by noordmo

You're kidding?

More people are born every minute than have died in total from this outbreak.

Now, if 500,000 were dying every day - for several months - you might have a point

link   
reply to post by Amaterasu

World will become a zombie society

link   
It's very simple. WASH YOUR HANDS REGULARLY. Boom, problem solved. Btw, the fecal part doesn't refer to anal sex. It's the bacteria from fecal matter. Those that DON'T wash their hands.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Isn't that a given much like the virus Ebola, E Coli is spread through oral insemination isn't it? Probably not worded right but is works, the insemination of virus into oral matter. At least that was my understanding of it, the reason Ebola get's so bad in 3rd world countries I thought is because of open sewers, untreated water, and close contact with infected animals or humans, so it would seem E Coli caused manly through the natural occurring bacteria getting out of the stomach lining of infected animals into meat, would naturally mean it would spread from human to human in a similar way. like feces, urine, saliva that sort of thing right?. Correct me if I am wrong on that.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by DrZERO

Oh, I get it, I just found it interesting the way it was stated.

xxx

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Golithion

You have the gist of it, but . . . I would look up the definition of "insemination" before using that term in the future.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by DrZERO

I know what the word means just couldn't think of a better word at the time. A ps to add what I mean't: I mean't just like an egg and sperm are injected into the human body for pregnancy, viruses and bacteria try to do the same. If that makes sense.
edit on 6/4/1111 by Golithion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by logicalthinking

Actually no. Those free mints and toothpicks you can get while leaving restaurants are covered with bacteria from people using the bathroom and not washing right before they leave. Also, those that do wash get their hands contaminated by the door handles due to the people that didn't wash that used the same handles.
edit on 4-6-2011 by Kaploink because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Also worth bearing in mind that dozens of people will die in a car crash in the next hour ...... and more in the next and the next and the next .....

How many people have died from this outbreak so far?

Perspective.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Kaploink

Excellent point, this is why I assume that everything I touch outside of the home is probably covered in a fine layer of fecal matter. Don't put your fingers in your mouth, don't rub your eyes, and wash your hands often.

Every trip into the great outdoors is a roll of the dice!

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Essan

Originally posted by noordmo

You're kidding?

More people are born every minute than have died in total from this outbreak.

Now, if 500,000 were dying every day - for several months - you might have a point

Now, now, Es. I don't think that is a good enough reason not to keep an eye on things by dismissing it out of hand. You do have a point that, at the moment, We needn't get frantic about this development on the planet.

Me, I will be interested in seeing what really develops. Will it be SARS-like, if You get My drift, or will it be The One? I do believe some group out there conspires unEthically and it is conceivable that some are indeed sociopaths who have enough money/power/energy to develop bad things to and "for" Humans as a Whole.

You, of course, may have Your own views. [smile]
edit on 6/4/2011 by Amaterasu because: typo

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join