It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In Alabama, a Harsh Bill for Residents Here Illegally

page: 23
<< 20  21  22    24 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

We should have trade laws that force third world nations to adopt to first world labor and environmental standards and improve civil rights. Of course the whole free market scam was used to prevent any such requirements in our trade treaties.

Most first world labor laws and environmental laws are a scam to begin with. Like the ``40hr work week``, capitalism gave us an extremely high standard of living so we can enjoy, working no more that 40hrs a week. The Govt does not prevent us from slaving away since we can still work over 40 hours a week on wages. You can work 2, 3, 6 jobs and 120 hours a week for wages if you wanted.

The U.S still has pollution problems that the media covers up. It's not as bad as China's, but it's still pollution. The govt does such a piss poor job of ``regulating`` water and air pollution many people have to get private sector water and air filters. Govts, IMO have created more pollution than they have reduced. From China and the Soviet Union, ruining lakes, rivers, agricultural lands, etc to the U.S and its nuclear fallout pollution, such nuclear test sites, Hiroshima, Nagasaki, as well as depleted uranium in the Middle east. I would say that if the govts enforced private property rights, then corporations wouldn't be able to pollute the private property of other people -- eliminating most, if not all pollution.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockdisjoint

Wow, this post invalidates your previous post.

You sure continue to preach voodoo economics.

Labor laws and environmental laws are not a scam, and this is clear to see just by looking at working conditions and factory environments in third world nations compared to first world nations. If you believe that they are a scam, then someone has convinced you of a bunch of nonsense. You really need to find some new sources of information.

It isn't the governments job to prevent you from slaving yourself away.

When we elect politicians who don't think regulations should exist, what a surprise that they are not enforced. However, when people smarten up to the fact that they were conned by those politicians, and elect politicians that will represent the people and enforce the LAWS (regulations), then those laws do serve their purpose. The proof is obvious when comparing U.S. factories to third world nation factories.

What we need to start doing, once again, as I have stated earlier, is start punishing white collar criminals again.

Ok Mr CEO, you have had illegal immigrants working at all of your corporate sites for ten years. This means we will personally fine you 10k per illegal, per year, and on top of that sent to to prison for several years to pay for the exploitation.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Dam. it's about time now if the disgustingly liberal states like New York, California, etc. will realize that these illegals are ruining our country and that they should not get the rights of a legal citizen what a wonderful world it would be!

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by haarvik

". Drugs and thugs galore"...they moved it to Atlanta?...New Orleans?..sorry...JK...they move them to the poorest neighborhoods because the real estate is cheaper and they dont care who gets mugged coming to and from work....the managers ride in armored cars and the workers are on their own...simple economics from a magnates point of view

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by daskakik

Originally posted by CobraCommander
You DO realize that the Zetas cartel is Mexican Special Forces right?

Actually were Mexican Special Forces. Trained by the US at WHISC (Western Hemisphere Institute for Security Cooperation) located in Fort Benning, Georgia, USA.

What's your point?
edit on 7-6-2011 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

Were huh? And I suppose they lost all their contacts and influence when they started working for the cartel. And I'm sure that none of them were still on active duty. Come on.

And while some may have been trained there, not all were. Besides, where they were trained is irrelevant to this conversation.

Just because this guy was trained by the US military does not mean that the Marines killed a police officer.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Were huh? And I suppose they lost all their contacts and influence when they started working for the cartel. And I'm sure that none of them were still on active duty. Come on.

More speculation on your part. Well let me speculate some as well. Maybe within the group trained in the US some were recruited by the US government to act like they had left the Mexican Special Forces and infiltrate the cartels to weaken them so that the CIA can have less competition or maybe to wreak the havok that has come to Mexico so the US can have popular support to move in with full force and annex Mexico thereby getting one step closer to the NAU.

Maybe these Zetas are in direct contact and under orders from Washington. Ain't speculating fun.

edit on 10-6-2011 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by daskakik

That's not orders from Washington, that's orders from a secret society, that would be using Washington the same way you claim the US is using the Zetas.

Regardless, you still have not shown how one ATF agent on the border works for Mexico.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by CobraCommander

What are you talking about?

Who said that the ATF agent on the border worked for Mexico?

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   

You did. All along you have been trying to support your notion that the United States has some responsibility to Mexico to block the flow of weapons into that country. That is patently false. We interdict at our own discretion as we see necessary in our own self-interest, that is all.
edit on 10-6-2011 by CobraCommander because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Boy are you wrong. He works for the US government. For whatever reason they (the US Government) told him (and his coworkers) to keep guns from crossing the border.

I say it's because thay have made agreements with the Mexican government but you don't seem to believe that, even though I posted the links to said agreements, so we'll just have to say we don't know why they have given them those orders.

Then one day they tell them that they have to let a load of guns through because it some special op (Fast and Furious) and they are going to track them. Once across the border they loose track of them and one of those guns is used to kill a BP agent which caused him to feel guilty and spill the beans.

Where did I say the orders came from Mexico?

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   

It is Mexico's responsibility to protect their own border. We are not the world police, as much as we like to pretend.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   

No one said you are.

It is a fact that those men took a pledge to follow orders and they were ordered to keep the guns from crossing the border. So in that sense it was their job.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Those orders also included an intelligence operation that would allow a shipment of guns through to be tracked.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Those orders also included an intelligence operation that would allow a shipment of guns through to be tracked.

Again what is your point?

You keep going on about Mexico securing it's own border and I'm just saying that the US has decided to keep guns from getting over the border because it is Americas god given right to do that if it wants to.

I believe they struck a deal with the Mexican government but that would also be because they have the god given right to do that as well. In the end they have chosen to take on that task.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   

So? What is YOUR point? Yes, they let a shipment of guns go through. So what? They had a reason. As if they even needed one. It may be a cop's job to hand out tickets, but it certainly is not the the fault of a police officer if you die in a flaming wreck because you were speeding and he didn't bother to chase you as he was standing there writing a speeding ticket to someone else. .

edit on 10-6-2011 by CobraCommander because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   

You stated that it was not US obligation to keep guns from crossing the border. I said they had taken on that job and that the Fast and Furious story proves that they have taken on that job because the agent states that it had been his job for many years until that operation.

I mearly stated that it is a joint effort and that agreements were made. I don't know if you understand what an agreement is but it is my understanding that when you agree to something both parts have to keep their end of the deal.

Now you may say that Mexico hasn't kept it's end of the bargain but neither one of us is qualified to say if they have or they have not. The ones that could (the US gov. because they made the deal) are not really complaining so maybe they are happy with the ways things are, even though the US citizen isn't. What's that tell you?

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   

You keep making this giant leap from one case, to some vast conspiracy by the US. That is not the case.

So what if it was his job to stop guns from crossing for years. And so what if we have an agreement with Mexico to stop guns? This was a sanctioned intel op. Not a vast conspiracy by the ATF or the Federal government to arm Mexico.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 10:54 PM
link   

You keep looking at it like I'm using Fast and Furious to prove the conspiracy. It only proves that the US is in fact actively working on keeping guns from crossing the border but it's what leads me to believe that it was part of certain agreements. The ones that were allowed were part of an operation that is why I posted way back in the thread that I did not believe that the US is flooding Mexico with guns.

The conspiracy that I see is that the Mexican president gets to lecture Congress, complain about guns coming from the US while Mexican citizens, drugs and violence flow north. You would think that the US Gov. would be complaining a little louder but they are not. It's almost like things are going as planned and if the US citizens voice their concerns they get the same dog and pony show of which, I believe, these laws are a part of.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Well I agree that there is all sorts of agendas and plenty of propaganda. I just don't see this particular case of an ATF agent "blowing the whistle" as having any merit.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Well as some have said, it could have been done and leaked so they can push tougher gun laws in the US. You see that could have been one of Mexicos parts in the deal. Act all indignated while knowing, all too well, that the guns are not coming from the US.

<< 20  21  22    24 >>

join