It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boy Sales Kidney for a New IPad2

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by jerryznv

Wait.... You can get six figures for a Kidney in the USA? Because I've been unemployed for almost a year now and I have a wife and kids to shelter and feed.

What's the downside again?

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   
honestly.

It was his kidney. He has two. Hey... if hes fine with it, who am I to judge?

As long as he doesnt want to sell my lungs when the new playstation is out, is fine by me.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by 0zzymand0s

yeah well I guess thats why he is a dumb kid.

1. he sold his kidney if the first place. Dumb!

2. He sold his kidney for cheap. Dumb!

3. He did it for a Ipad2. DUMBER!

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   
If it's Apple, you must have it. They dictate what's cool and what's not. And if being cool isn't worth dying for, what is?

I know this will sound rather harsh, but people who do this kind of idiocy deserves what comes to 'em.

/Angry at the world

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by camaro68ss

Well -- at least now I understand what my buddy meant when he told he the iPad 2 wasn't "all that" and that he wouldn't buy one with my Kidneys....

Hell -- at this point, I doubt my Kidneys would be worth a used Gameboy....

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by 0zzymand0s
reply to post by jerryznv

Wait.... You can get six figures for a Kidney in the USA? Because I've been unemployed for almost a year now and I have a wife and kids to shelter and feed.

What's the downside again?

Well you ask a good question, and actually there are alot of people who support legalizing selling your organs...

For instance:

Of course, these norms are not based on a rational weighing of pros and cons. A person donating a kidney is taking a risk with his or her health, to be sure. But we allow people to take comparable risks for money all the time. For instance: working in a coal mine. Or, perhaps an even better analog to organ donation: renting out their wombs. Some pregnancies can be roughly as risky as kidney donations, but social norms have evolved over the past few decades to where the practice -- typically done for money -- hardly causes the batting of an eyelash.

Selling your kidney...should it be legal?

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   
I hope you mean "sells".

I dont see the problem with what this boy has done.

Life is life!

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by testtubebaby
I hope you mean "sells".

Life is life!

Somehow your response seems reasonable & understandable considering your ATS name.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by testtubebaby
I hope you mean "sells".

Life is life!

Hey i dont have a problem ether but for an Ipad2
come on.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Well with the way things are going it will only be a matter of time before little guys like this and other "Volunteers" will be growing our replacement organs en mass....

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4122de82f9b7.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

there is something really F'ed up about this picture.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 11:56 PM
link   

maybe the saying it cost an arm and a leg will not just be a saying, but literally what was said.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 11:59 PM
link   
It's all karma for those that don't believe in dogma or the doggy-dog world of getting whatever you want, but for a price of a kidney, an arm or a leg is not worth it. Then again, I see consumerism happening for those who wish to sell their health for materialism. Take for example, mortgages: People would die working 16 hours just to own a piece on a strip of land. When will the madness end, until everyone figures out what is valuable --- life over inanimate objects. And what's the big deal with iPad? I though the rave is to go pocket-sized smaller, not "bigger is better" than everyone else.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Reading this pissed me off beyond belief. My wife is suffering through dialysis due to her kidney failure and here we have some moron kid selling one of his precious kidneys for an IPAD? I wish I'd have met him first, I would have given him 2 ipads for a chance at saving my wife.

Rant over.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Lets hope he gets the new Blood filter app!

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   

The worse part about this is that he sold his kidney for crapware, lol Apple products aren't worth a kidney..this kid got ripped off

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   
This thread is extremely sad but yet extremely funny as well. I feel appalled by the story but i can't stop laughing reading the comments!!

1) Did he died??

2) When i die will i go to hell for this??

3)

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Pretty sad how things are going in society. At 17 he is way to young to have one kidney. Who knows what could happen to the one left. Kidney is for life, IPad2 is for 6 months untill the IPad3 comes out. The younger you are the less you look into the future. That is one major flaw in evolution is the young have to relearn everything. If you could pass on your knowledge when the kid was born just imagine how smart we would be by now. However I could see a down side to that also. A lot of stuff learned should probably not be passed on. Hopefully someday they can learn to interface with the brain and we can just download knowledge.
edit on 3-6-2011 by jaydeePNW because: spelling

edit on 3-6-2011 by jaydeePNW because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   
geez..
if the poor guy just came to an american classroom in certain states (and was a kindergartner) , He would have been given one for free.

This world has everyone screwed up, from kids to adults.

Perhaps kids in america would be too frightened to sell a body part for something as lame as an ipad...
But they would probably sell their body/virginity for one.

Very sad.

All the more reason to destroy crApple and the garbage they fill the world with.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Shame he didn't wait 10-15 years... by 2026 he could probably have just traded toe nail clippings for the same device... that's about what you can expect to pay for a "Macintosh Plus" these days.

Sri Oracle

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join