It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Objectum Sexuality: When Relationships With Inanimate Objects Become Intimate

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 01:43 AM
link   
reply to post by havok

reply to post by LargeFries

I don't care what anyone says about your post, I agree with it.

The "Princess Effect"...
It is indoctrinated in girls at a young age.
Modern media makes it tens times worse.
Partially because they (media) are just out to make money.
Throughout their lives women are blasted with directions on how to live.
Thankfully, not every woman obeys what they see/read in the media.
Life is not what you read in Cosmo.

-----

havok thank you for your reply. While I hope that the ways Mothers raise daughters these days are more enlightened than in the past, what I've noticed is one mistake replacing another. Parents need to supply so much to teach their children well, it's a huge task. I cringe when I hear "my daughter is my best friend". Good luck to that child.
I think your comment on the media is so true, there are non-stop images everywhere. In my heart I hope other countries are kinder to the female children that we are here in America. I applaud anyone who can raise a healthy, well-adjusted child in todays world.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 01:56 AM
link   
reply to post by BlackPoison94

reply to post by LargeFries

I'm a woman, and I couldn't give a thing about soaps
But then again, that's what makes me slightly weird.

------------

thank you for writing. BlackPoison94 good for you and I mean it! I think the most special people are those who do not do as the masses do. If that's 'weird' well give me weird every day! I like strong intelligent women with thinking minds. Knowing so many women in America gladly introduce the vileness of soap opera fantasy into their lives bothers me. Day to day 'reality' is tragic enough already. TV programs that highlight morally reprehensible lifestyles are ( I'm guessing ) just an addictive a habit as sitcoms or game shows. I applaud you for being in the minority. We're all much like computers: garbage in, garbage out. There is plenty of good TV to opt for

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 02:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Greensage

Greensage I really enjoyed reading your post. "Arrested Development" is the basis for many so-called psychological disorders and you touched upon that very well. You are also right that not everyone is able ( or willing ) to do the work it takes to 'correct' the behavior. When someone does not fit into a doctors definition of normal their behavior is deemed aberrant. Personally I'd be more concerned with the masses across America who compromise their health and self-esteem by rigorous over-eating leading to severe obesity. There are underlying problems when someone makes themselves so large they cannot perform daily tasks with comfort and ease, and they hate themselves when they look in the mirror.

These few people who have found happiness with inanimate objects did what more of us should do: Follow your Bliss. Instead of accepting a cookie-cutter mold they were able to explore and recognize a source of intense happiness. Insanity is our fearless leaders duping youngsters with false patriotic pride into killing and dying in some miserable foreign land where they are not welcome!

It would a different matter if these people were unhappy with having to have a relationship with an inanimate object. Perhaps they did cease maturing at a given time that prohibits them from growing into adults who have traditional relationships. Hopefully if the day comes when they feel differently they will have the strength to seek counseling and the ability to face & overcome whatever impeded their path of growth.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 02:32 AM
link   
Has anyone considered the possibility that these relationships could be unwanted by the objects. Wouldn't it be aweful if these poor creatures/objects/whatevers were traumatized by the unfortunate acts of these people?

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 02:38 AM
link   
When I was a kid, we raised a female dog from a pup. We were planning on having her as a "show dog", so we didn't spade her.

One of our puppy's many chew toys was a squeezy toy in the shape of a T-bone steak. Shortly after she became of "reproductive" age, something very strange happened.

She started "caring" for the T-bone steak toy as if it were her child. She became very protective of it, threatening me (who she loved) with growls when I tried to grab the toy.

The Vet later said she was having what they call a "false pregnancy". Somehow she imprinted on the toy. After about 1 month of this, she stopped doing this weird behavior.

I think this human issue is tied to developmental problems and hormonal mistakes.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 03:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by choppedbrisket
Has anyone considered the possibility that these relationships could be unwanted by the objects. Wouldn't it be aweful if these poor creatures/objects/whatevers were traumatized by the unfortunate acts of these people?

No they havn`t

your the only one

and please go see somone about that.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 09:10 AM
link   
It's interesting that people are saying that something is "wrong" with objectosexuals. Probably they had a bad childhood, probably they have a brain problem or hormonal problems. Probably they need therapy. These were the same words that people were saying about gay people back then.

Also, it's interesting to note, that this isn't like a fetish, and it can't be compared to a sex doll, because with a sex doll you are still fantasizing about being with a human. With the object, objectosexuals actually feel love and sexual desire for the OBJECT, and NOT fantasizing about humans.

Also, objectosexuals can feel the chemistry with the objects, just like non-objectosexuals humans can feel a chemistry between each other.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 06:56 AM
link   
I think it's really sad when people have to turn to inanimate objects to find happiness. In some cases I believe people do this because humans are awful and they can't find love anywhere else, which is also because a good deal of people out there are jerks and a good deal of people are caring less and less for their fellow man or in creating actual deep relationships that mean more than the usual, 'Hi, how are you? Great, see you tomorrow.' I believe that if we cared more for each other than we do now, and actually cared and tried to know each other, I believe people wouldn't have to turn to inanimate objects for their intimacy.

I don't think it's a sort of condition or developement issue either. If someone in real life really cares about you, you don't need the fake anymore. Taking me for example. I've been more of a loner and the friends I've made never seemed to want to know me more than as a casual acquaintance. As I writer, I've found a much more satisfactory relationship with my characters, or 'imaginary friends.' It's that much more satisfactory the realer I can make them. Talking to yourself out loud, talking to imaginary people, etc. All forms of inanimate objects that haven't gotten an object yet. Though I suppose this sort of thing could develope because of lack of real satisfying relationships. But enough of that and the need for objects to bring you intimacy isn't needed. All it is is trying to put a face to a fantasy or a need people can't find in real life.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by ArgentumAquila

These people are happy with their lives and finding love where ever it shows up. They are not desperately turning to animate objects for love. They are choosing to be with the object because they FEEL the connect with it.

Also, for the person saying "What if the relationship is unwanted by the object?" well the people can feel when the object doesn't want the relationship. They say that they either feel or don't feel the energy of the object there...

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 09:40 AM
link   
a reply to: queenofsheba

Confused by all of this... perhaps I live somewhere between a dream state and reality but having someone else warm and loving seems more like sex.....

And how does one have make up sex with the Golden Gate Bridge....

But then as I understand it I am a man and this seems a woman thing until I remember how I got here in the first place.... A male making love to his bike. Full marks to him for being behind closed lock doors. Note to self if ever in a hostel no matter how hot she is protect her honour with a hotel room... That was what plastic was made for LOL.....

Wonder if the bike will recover from the embarrassment!?!?!?

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 08:35 AM
link   
a reply to: IceHappy

I'm female and I'm just as confused by all this as you are!

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join