It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is it Bigfoot?... hikers say they have video

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+10 more 
posted on May, 26 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   
This video is all over the local news..."Possible Bigfoot sighting"
Thur May 26 '11
You Tube Video of the Sighting:

News Video of the Sighting

"Is it Bigfoot? Spokane hikers say they have video "
Hikers along the Spokane River, Wa State, recorded a video yesterday, the 25th, and upon review seen someone or something in the upper corner of the video...that might be Bigfoot.
Pac NW Inlander has 80 forensic videoographers researching the video at the moment. The Inlander, Alt news for the area, seems shocked with the reference(lol).

Other source Here, offers more details from the hiker, who doesn't want to be on the news.
FB and Twitter(Search Spokane Bigfoot) has active postings on the sighting, the news says...
edit on 26-5-2011 by dreamingawake because: more info...

edit on 26-5-2011 by dreamingawake because: added video

More sources:
Museum of the Wierd
CrytoMundo
edit on 26-5-2011 by dreamingawake because: more sources

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   
I'm not sure if I'm convinced as it to be a Sasquatch, but let's see what they come up with...
It is pretty bent over...hmm. Possible human..maybe!
The park, Riverside State Park, is pretty active in the spring a summer, not quite sure the creature in question, would be so out in the open, but rather be too scared of all the people.

I'll update as soon as I can, would be interesting to not be a hoax, but as sighting do happen all around the NW.
If it turns out to be a stunt, please send to hoax!
edit on 26-5-2011 by dreamingawake because: more info.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   
A great one if not a hoax.....Thanks....

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by dreamingawake

Gday dreamingawake.
I think it's a human, as the way it was bent over and the way it moved looks human to me.
I think the family busted a man trying to get himself a little " PERSONAL" time,

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   
It seems very hoax-like to me. The main problem I see is that it is relatively small, and human-like. There are theories that hypothesize sasquatch is much more human-like than ape-like, but I don't know. It doesn't seem to move like a great ape, but more like a human who is kind of squatting down, but I must admit I am not an expert.

EDIT:

After analyzing the pictures some more, I am convinced it is a hoax. It is someone in some type of suit. The blurriness of the images do not help much. The face looks semi-apelike, however there is not any elasticity or taughtness in the skin, especially the skin in the lower extremities, which seem very saggy.

Actually, in the image located HERE, it looks like someone that is dressed like a ninja...lol, and I am serious. It looks like they are wearing some type of baggy pants or something, that are tucked in around the ankles. The face is the only thing that looks funny, but it could just be the conditions and positions of all the elements and variables that make it look that way.
edit on 5/26/11 by JiggyPotamus because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   
It's so hard to tell by just watching a video anymore without severe scrutiny and analysis. With so many insane programs and software out there, it really needs to be examined by the experts.
It has an authentic feel to it in my opinion, but it needs analyzed. S&F

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Thanks for the replies.

Yes, to bad it's pretty small, am trying to get a good shot from photo editing software.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   
I have seen supposed video of Bigfoot for years, along with all the other stunts that have come up with the whole Bigfoot theory, and I was pretty turned off to there even being a possibility.

This is different...looks really good to me but I am no expert either, so I will politely sit on the sidelines here and see what comes of this.

Great find though!

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by JiggyPotamus

Good find! More people are looking at it. It would be a very skinny bigfoot if not a human, as you mentioned in "ninja" clothes!
I won't dismiss the park to not have people running through as such.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   
I'm not surprised, the Northwest has had a high concentration of sightings before the Patterson film came out.

If bigfoot exists, it's probably in the Northwest somewhere

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   
what UTTER TWADDLE , the " thing " is completley divorced from the environment

look carefully - where is the ground ??????

is it flying , using a freaking zip-line ?????

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by dreamingawake

its really to unclear to me what it is. its to dark of a figure to make it out, but probably human

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   
One source pages user comment's have someone mentioning a cell phone app. So, might be a cell phone video? Anyone have one similar or know of one that embeds cryto creatures?

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 09:24 PM
link   
I agree that it looks very gaunt and scrawny to be a Bigfoot, and I had to laugh a little to the guy said that it looks like a ninja...because it really does. The legs look too uniform and baggy as already pointed out. It appears to ever so quickly be glancing towards the hikers the instant it emerges from behind the tree, and then looks forward as it walks away. Not sure what the guy saying "it's divorced from the ground and flying" is talking about...heh.

This footage really appears to be genuine, there was no focusing in on the Bigfoot area as it emerged, no lingering in that area, just caught on the corner of the camera and no one noticed it until they reviewed the video later. Looks like they cropped out footage from before this incident - and after - (meaning there was more footage than just this) lending to its credibility.

Having said all of this, I do not believe it is a Bigfoot. It just looks too skinny. It looks like it could be a hunter completely decked out in Camo. clothing (not quite a guille suit, but still camo)? Odd that he would just be wandering around like that though. Will wait to see what the "experts" determine. Thanks for the interesting find!! Star.
edit on 26-5-2011 by Ajax because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   
I'm just curious as to why one of the supposed hikers is in jeans...

I'm not an expert, but it seems as though this is a hoax. Not because of the actual 'Bigfoot', but because any person going hiking would expect to be out for a long time (2-3 hours minimum), and jeans would not be the appropriate clothing for any amature/experienced hiker.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Very nice video, although honestly it appears more human than anything, in my opinion. It is true, however, that most of the Bigfoot sightings are in the Pacific Northwest, with an area near Graham WA being a highly active area, according to the research I have done.

I do think they exist- Washington state has alot of wilderness area, the perfect environment for a shy species that only wants to be left alone. The weather would be near perfect, I would think, for them also.

Bigfoot has been spotted in every state of the USA I believe, as well as most countries of the world.

Peace!
SK

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   
it looks like a hippy with a beard.
my vote goes to human.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   
I viewed it full screen, watching carefully
It appears after the first couple steps that the torso region is slightly lighter than the legs or head...

So, to me at least, it appears as just a man with a beard in the distance walking (a bit hunched). As far as a primate goes, I think it would have been alerted and concerned about the noises from the children walking.

Of course a intentional hoax is a option, however, I am wondering if anyone can see the torso "shirt" to be not the same dark color as the rest, but somewhat lighter...perhaps a grey or slate blue...

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   
To me, the figure looks too human to be a bigfoot. I dont really see any of the classic long shaggy hair. Also, I think the people in the video would have noticed it, if it were anything out of the ordinary.

Dont take this the wrong way, but it looks to me like its just a dark skinned gentleman in dark clothing taking a nice stroll through the woods.

Also, jeans are totally acceptable for hiking if you don't want poison sumac. Ouch!

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by JiggyPotamus

Yeah - after looking at the blown up still frame in the link your provided and looking at the vid frame by frame it does look like someone in a ninja type outfit - and the shirt looks to have short sleeves.

So I tend to agree. Its either a hoax or they stumbled across some nut running around the woods dressed as a ninja and thought it was a bigfoot or its a mutant teenage ninja bigfoot.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join