It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

India education: Bright Dalit student suicide Because of Caste System

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   
I thought India was Democracy because of their constant bragging of India being the biggest democracy in the world. A democracy is supposed to provide every student with a equal opportunity in education and life. So much for India's democratic babbling. In a country where there are more people in poverty than Africa, India is so deluded in being a superpower and having some of the richest billionaire. Its government is a joke and totally corrupted. I wish the caste people the best. I send my condolence.

www.globalpost.com...

NEW DELHI, India — Jaspreet Singh, a young student from a caste once considered "untouchable" by other Hindus, was in his last year of medical school when his life began to fall apart.

A talented student, and his family's brightest hope for clawing their way into the middle class, he was stunned to find that he had failed community medicine, one of his easiest subjects. But he was even more devastated by the alleged reason: His professor was determined to flunk him because of his caste.

Like most students from the Dalit castes, Singh had suffered the sly digs and subtle slights of his classmates in silence for years at the Goverment Medical College (Chandigarh). His professor's alleged claim that he would never allow Singh to get there was the last straw.

edit on 24-5-2011 by MIDNIGHTSUN because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   
I would freak the $@*# out if that happened to me...that's messed up

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by MIDNIGHTSUN
I thought India was Democracy because of their constant bragging of India being the biggest democracy in the world. A democracy is supposed to provide every student with a equal opportunity in education and life. So much for India's democratic babbling. In a country where there are more people in poverty than Africa, India is so deluded in being a superpower and having some of the richest billionaire. Its government is a joke and totally corrupted. I wish the caste people the best. I send my condolence.

www.globalpost.com...

NEW DELHI, India — Jaspreet Singh, a young student from a caste once considered "untouchable" by other Hindus, was in his last year of medical school when his life began to fall apart.

A talented student, and his family's brightest hope for clawing their way into the middle class, he was stunned to find that he had failed community medicine, one of his easiest subjects. But he was even more devastated by the alleged reason: His professor was determined to flunk him because of his caste.

Like most students from the Dalit castes, Singh had suffered the sly digs and subtle slights of his classmates in silence for years at the Goverment Medical College (Chandigarh). His professor's alleged claim that he would never allow Singh to get there was the last straw.

Not saying your wrong about India, But I think stuff like this happens everywhere.
Including the US.
It's a terrible thing.
edit on 24-5-2011 by goos3 because: (no reason given)

join