It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canadian Couple Decides to Raise 'Genderless' Baby

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Canadian Couple Decides to Raise 'Genderless' Baby

myfoxchicago

A Canadian couple has decided to raise its four-month-old baby to be "genderless" to protect its right to choose its own sex, The Daily reported Tuesday.

While there is no biological ambiguity about Storm Witterick's genitalia, parents Kathy Witterick, 38, and David Stocker, 39, refuse to say whether the child is male or female.

The couple believes in giving the youngster the right to choose his or her own gender, free from the pressures of social norms.

"If you really want to get to know...
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 24-5-2011 by RUSSO because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   
I really dont know what think about this. Having read the story. I'm curious to how this will work out... I've thought about the scenario a lot, but what makes me really "strange" is to KNOW that a baby is not a science experiment.

Use the kid as a test subject, way to go. Seriously, sounds more like parents exploiting their children for their own personal benefit. Just saying.

Again, a baby is not a science experiment. It will only be three or four years until the child finds out for "it's" self. That can lead to one mixed up kid. But by that time the damage would not be done?

I've a strong suspicion that the parents are gender confused too.

Can we raise children free of stereotypes? Should we?

myfoxchicago
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   
You are what you are male female black asian white whatever, we can't pick and choose, i feel sorry for this child a little bit because i have a feeling that once he/she reaches the teen years there will be friction between child and parents if they go ahead and do this.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by BarmyBilly

I agree I would punch my dad square in the face if he would of let me think I was a girl or from a early age gave me the choice of being a girl

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   
What kind of retardation is this?

``Free thinking`` parents gone too far. Seriously, those people shouldn't be parents.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   

The word hermaphrodite entered the English lexicon in the 15th century, derived from the Greek Hermaphroditos a combination of hermes (male) and aphrodite (female).[

en.wikipedia.org...

They were quite sacred in Greek mythology.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   
This is an unusual one! IMO you are what you are born as - if you prefer to change your sex at a later date
when you are old enough to know your feelings, that's fine. To not give this child an identity of being male or
female from the beginning may just back fire and give the child a lot of problems in the future. He/she
will be different from all other children right from the beginning. There does not seem to be a good reason for the parents to do this unless they know something that we don't. When referring to the baby they would
have to say "it wants a bottle". it went to sleep

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   
How "progressive"! Ignore reality altogether!

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Apparently they also have a 5 year old boy who they have " programed " to like and wear pink dresses and braided hair and guess what , there children are home schooled .

Mark my words , these children will have problems in the future . Extreme isolation and a twisted up brining , no good will come from this .

In fact these children should be checked for mental abuse as well as physical abuse . If the parents want to conduct a social experiment they should spair the children and volunteer them selves .

Edit to add ....

It was also reported that Jaz , the five year old who wears pink dresses was interviewed at a school by professionals for an evaluation and the poor kid could only stair into his lap and wasn't able to make eye contact
Keep in mind , the 5 year old is home schooled and needless to say , isolated from any peers. it would be interesting to see the report that the school submitted as an evaluation of how well the parents are doing at home schooling and what the child's mental state is , the five year old .

edit on 24-5-2011 by Max_TO because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by mikepopy

It's already been done by a Swedish Couple and who knows who else.
abnormal

Of course, this is harmful, cruel, wrong and a zillion other things. But, if this were the 60's or 50's what would you be saying instead if it was a gay issue, not that i agree with that particular subject, however whether we agree with this crap or not, doesnt matter, because the world is RAVING MAD and nothing is what it should be.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   
I'm curious to know what they're response is when asked, is that a boy or a girl?

I'm asked that sometimes with my little 8 month old baby boy.

Hmmm....

I can see where they are coming from, but it could get highly confusing for the child, especially because children are highly curious by nature and will be asking questions, are they willing to answer these questions honestly? Or will they ignore them?

"mommy why do I have a (***) and why is it different than my friends?

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
What kind of retardation is this?

``Free thinking`` parents gone too far. Seriously, those people shouldn't be parents.

This is the kind of "freedom" PTB allow we have.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   
A little bit strange not telling people the sex of their child but no harm done. They both sound like loving parents.

i remember seeing documentary about babies who were born with both sets of genitals, often having one removed at an early age and raised as the decided sex. As some of those children grew up it became apparent that they'd either chopped off or removed the wrong organs to the real sex of the child. No matter how much they tried to change the kids sexuality, the kid still felt and acted like the (wrong) sex.

Now, this kid may not have that condition, however seeing as the kid will be allowed to develop without outside pressure, what's the harm? They aren't forcing the child to change sex, just allow it to develop naturally in it's own way.

edit on 24-5-2011 by JonoEnglish because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   
I assume the child has been born an Aphrodite hence - born with both genitalia. In which case I fully understand the parents decision.

So many parents have chosen the wrong sex in cases like this and the child finds in adolescence they are unable to reverse the surgery performed.

This is more common than one might think and I say only the child has the right to choose.

However, this would lead to difficulties at school re which bathroom or even which school????/

A terrible dilemma fro the Parents.

This has nothing whatsoever to do with experimentation. Deny Ignorance!

link   
Its massive child abuse. I watched a show of trying to raise a boy as a girl because of some Doctor's advise and it was a horrible thing and resulted in suicide and tragedy.

link   
It sounds like they are simply doing what a lot of parents (including my wife and I) are doing with their children. They are just going to let Storm decide what Storm wants to play and identify with, be it GI Joes, Barbies, John Deer overalls, or a dress.

I think what they are doing that is getting attention is not telling anybody else what gender their child is. That's okay too, if they just want to be eccentric about it. Where they would be crossing the line (and the article neither confirms nor denies this) is if they refused to tell their child what gender he or she is. That would be tragic and, indeed, cause more issues down the road. But if they say "Storm, you are a little dude (or dudette), but you can play with and act however you like." then that's okay.
edit on 24-5-2011 by Cuervo because: tired

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by awareness10

abnormal

Of course, this is harmful, cruel, wrong and a zillion other things. .

How?

2nd

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   
I fail to see how home schooling is the culprit, your comments are highly personal driven. Did you see the article from Britain where a Boy was allowed to go to school dressed as a drag queen, i mean girl??

The issue here is about Irresponsible People and the fact that this world is # completely upside down and backwards. It's not about how people choose their childrens education so please dont attack at will thats just ignorant.

Originally posted by Max_TO
Apparently they also have a 5 year old boy who they have " programed " to like and wear pink dresses and braided hair and guess what , there children are home schooled .

Mark my words , these children will have problems in the future . Extreme isolation and a twisted up brining , no good will come from this .

In fact these children should be checked for mental abuse as well as physical abuse . If the parents want to conduct a social experiment they should spair the children and volunteer them selves .

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   
How? How what? Are you asking me to call you a Girl because it really doesnt matter?

look the second comment being its harmful, because it is? If my parents had intentionally not treated me as a girl, example, called me a girl, because of obvious reasons i would have been more than angry in my teens, particularily when girls reproductive organ/s start working hello??

Originally posted by JonoEnglish

Originally posted by awareness10

abnormal

Of course, this is harmful, cruel, wrong and a zillion other things. .

How?

2nd

edit on 24-5-2011 by awareness10 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by RUSSO

These is the kind of "freedom" PTB allow we have.

Great observation.

This is clearly a form of "child abuse", at least for Westerners.

In other cultures of course, it may be considered "normal", like in India, where they have Hijras, and in Tahiti, where the Fa'afafine form a "third gender" (male children raised as girls). They're quite a trip to watch, if you have ever been there, and had one for a waiter (er, waitress). Bizarre to us, but considered totally "normal" in their culture.

It's a crazy world, that's for sure.

JR

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join