It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. weather extremes show "new normal" climate

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   
source

"We are used to certain conditions and there's a lot going on these days that is not what we're used to, that is outside our current frame of reference,"

This change in our weather pattern is just the beginning of a lot of "new normals" we will face. I can see this disturbing our food production and that will lead to shortages and uprising. Please be advised the U.S. is entering a area that will only destroy what we have stood for since the beginning.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 11:29 PM
link   
To speak of normality, when addressing weather.... You probably should get your head checked.

The Earth is a wet, rocky, volcanic planet, with complex changes in it's weather based off of the sun, the moon, oceans, axis, magnetics, etc. I could really go on for a long time.

The Earth goes through very drastic cycles, glacial, and inter-glacial. If these aren't already proof of the variation our planet goes through naturally, I don't know what will convince you.

The weather we are seeing is completely normal if you look at the big picture. Also, the Earth does not target nations, any variation in weather effecting a particular country more so than another is entirely coincidence.
edit on 21-5-2011 by Tephra because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 11:42 PM
link   
You can say change is normal but what I really mean is the change in weather patterns for the farm belt area of the U.S. will lead to reduction in food supply. Surely you don't think that I was suggesting that the weather targets countries? I would more than likely think that the shifting poles and climate change is more at fault not only here but all over the world for that matter. So sure changing weather is normal but when extremes become the new normal I think that changes the picture drastically.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 11:43 PM
link   
What bums me out, is we really never experienced a spring up north. The weather has been chilly, wet and cloudy everyday. Talk about depressing.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by WeRpeons

How far up north are you? I was in Northeast PA some years ago and warm weather came on around the end of May.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 12:22 AM
link   
It has been miserable... What part of NE PA? Residing there currently
I will say that today was an amazing day... Cheer up~

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by basilray

Exactly, the weather up here usually starts warming up towards the end of April. By mid May, the weather is usually around low to mid 70's. We've only seen maybe two or three days in the 70's. The rest have been in the low 60's and mid 50's. The rain has been constant with overcast days, and farmers up here can't get into planting their crops because the soil is so wet.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by WeRpeons
What bums me out, is we really never experienced a spring up north. The weather has been chilly, wet and cloudy everyday. Talk about depressing.

What was interesting to note is, while out gardening the last couple of days, is that there are several varieties of plants that just loved that cold, wet spring. Certain plants nearly took over the yard they spread so fast; whereas in past years they were much better behaved.

The wild oats seeds actually germinated this year, in abundance, while last year not one did.

I guess everything has its preference. While some plants love the heat, others seem to love the damp cold.

I can handle either one myself. As much as I hate a cold rain, the sunburn I have on my back today is equally as miserable. lol

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by basilray
You can say change is normal but what I really mean is the change in weather patterns for the farm belt area of the U.S. will lead to reduction in food supply. Surely you don't think that I was suggesting that the weather targets countries? I would more than likely think that the shifting poles and climate change is more at fault not only here but all over the world for that matter. So sure changing weather is normal but when extremes become the new normal I think that changes the picture drastically.

You need to research history.
Try the dust-bowl in the 1930s.

As for the Mississippi river flooding that is caused by man but not climate change.

The levees on the river were built to close together and do not allow the proper high water drainage.
add to that the river has been silting up since the levees were built and the river has never been dredged out since.

The only thing that never changes is that the weather never stays the same it always changes.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by verb206

I was in the Scranton/Wilkes-Barre area

ANNED I am referring to a change where "extremes" is the new normal. Let me say it this way ....natural disaster after natural disaster and on and so forth which is new and can effect any crop industry.
edit on 22/5/2011 by basilray because: (no reason given)

top topics

join