It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hey, put some pants on that statue!!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by svpwizard

Originally posted by Night Star
As far as children, a little boy would know what's dangling out front, but a little girl would question it.
In order to keep the peace, perhaps the owners of the statue could place it the backyard instead.

So even more freedoms are taken away huh???? If someone dosn't like whats in your yard you should move it to make them happy????

Nudity is long been something people should get over .... we were not born with cloths!!!!

Good grief,so that means we should all walk around naked???

By the majority of the responses here,it seems thats what most of you think...that letting it all hang out is the way to go.

yep..lets all walk aroung nude so we can teach our children ..that nude is how we were born..

what next..??..in the name of art...statues of naked couples copulating on the lawn?? after all thats how we all got here..right??

Look I don't find the statue that offensive considering it is a replica of an ancient work of art..but that being said...
there is nothing wrong with some modesty...and just because its called "art" doesn't make it ok to put on a front lawn, in my opinion.

Obviously many of you will be beat me up verbally for that opinion...so have at it.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   
There once was a time when people enjoyed their imaginations and people were classy.
Thanks to liberals, men don't have to use their imaginations anymore and the music industry is turning girls into little whores. So much for self-respect.

I don't have a problem with art. In my opinion, the main complainer of this art is most likely a man. If the statue was a woman with her breasts exposed, it would be considered beautiful.

I do believe that what you place in your front yard is meant to be enjoyed by the public and not for your own asthetic appreciation. If the public isn't enjoying it, put it in your backyard.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Afterthought

very nicely put..I couldn't agree with you more.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

For now, I won't comment one way or the other on this. However, I think there might be a contradiction in beliefs here I'd like to explore. I'm asking those that are not offended to give their thoughts on what the difference is between having an anatomically correct statue on the front lawn, and seeing a naked man on the front lawn? Why should one be considered art and the other a crime? What is so right about a naked statue and so wrong about a naked man? Or woman?

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by gabby2011 there is nothing wrong with some modesty...and just because its called "art" doesn't make it ok to put on a front lawn, in my opinion. Obviously many of you will be beat me up verbally for that opinion...so have at it.

I won't beat you up. As far as I'm concerned you have it just right. I'm a horny old male and yet there are movies where nudity and sex scenes do nothing at all to enhance the plot. Oh, I watch it with eyes wide open, but I end up thinking, yeah, the actress is hot, but there really wasn't a need for her to be naked in this movie.

So, okay, males have a penis and females have a vagina; we KNOW this, so there's no NEED to display them in public.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   
I'd just like to add that if people want to look at nudity or expose themselves in the nude, there's plenty of places available for that. Join a Nudist Colony or, if you are so inclined, a sex club for those who are as like-minded.

The fact of the matter is that most people who choose to expose themselves in public without any regards to if there are chldren present are not the ones who seek out the places where this kind of behavior is accepted and instead choose to flaunt their sexuality where ever they deem comfortable to themselves. Ego is the ruling factor here.

Considering how most people pollute their bodies with fast food and other junk and don't get any exercise, I'd rather look at a statue of David than the likes of them.

Question: Why is this thread still in ATS and not in BTS? No conspiracy that I've notced.

I'd also like to mention that the word "Prude" is used by liberals to belittle those who still believe in using their imagination and proving that their "worthy" of viewing the "gold".

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   
I have a story to go with this. I use to know a man that worked at a Equestrian School (horse riding). The school order a new horse statue for the front entrance at the gate. The statue was brought in and set up and after the workmen left this one woman filed a complaint and said the statue had to go. It was a disgrace to the school. The horse statue was MALE and the fact you could tell that really up set her. The school was like what is your problem, you work with the real thing all day long and yet the fake one is a problem. He just thought it was so funny at the stink this woman caused over a dumb horse statue. I guess some people just need something to cause a problem over.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join