It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shot in the street over rice.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Shot in the street over rice.

i was flicking through world news,and came across this crazy story,about hati police that killed a man and left 2 others wounded in the street,over five bags of rice,just shows you how cheap life is,in some of these countrys.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheMaverick
...just shows you how cheap life is,in some of these countrys.

Or how expensive rice is.

2nd
edit on 15-5-2011 by imasecretspy because: spacing

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by imasecretspy

yeah good point,it could very well get like this in the western world soon,the way things are going,all killing each other over bags of rice..

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Awful awful news ... Being shot for carrying rice, regardless of it being stolen or not ... It was so much rice (heavy), it's not like the people must have been running with the sacks and bucket! They could have easily stop them or what not!

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   
i suspect,these guys were not so innocent,as the video makes out,as in reality,bags of rice,don't randomly fall of the back of trucks,in country's like hati.

but still,its a bit harsh to kill a man and paralyze the other,because they were trying to feed them self's or family as
i doubt they were selling the rice for a crack habit.

but being left on the street like that to die shows how void of empathy the human race has become.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by TheMaverick

So sad...The state of affairs in Haiti are reprehensible. If only people would dare to intervene when they know these sort of acts are not only illegal, but completely immoral.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Truly sad, and this just goes to show I am right.
I have often preached that food is much more important than buying gold.
If these men had the food ahead of time, they would have been home eating with their families in ....relative safety.
This is the worth of food.
Buy food guns and land, not gold.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   

What a shame. It does show how cheap human life is. And how people in power can become utterly immune to feeling empathy for those they "manage."

Good, but sad, thread.

top topics

join