It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

intel dp35dp hangs before bios

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Hi out there,my first thread..I have an intel dp35dp mobo w/4 gig ram and an e 6770 duo core,the problem is when I power up it hangs on a black screen for about 10 seconds before actually running bios then boot screen.I have read to roll back the bios to an earlier version but as I am not sure I thought I would ask others.Talked to intel,never again,was treated as if I was a leper with mental retardation....any ideas?

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 08:35 AM
link   
try the "reset to defaults" in bios

hope that helps

if that dosnt help...put out the lil batterie on mobo...cut off the power completly..wait 10 min...and than try again

edit on 10-5-2011 by angrydog because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-5-2011 by angrydog because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 08:42 AM
link   
I've done both and it still hangs,does it no matter what os I install windows or linux,I really don't get it.I'm not a complete noob,I just did not build this one and troubleshooting it is driving me crazy,

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 08:43 AM
link   
so the PC runs well ..? its just the 10 sec delay at start? blackscreen ?

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 08:44 AM
link   
reply to post by gary714

Restore factory defaults to the bios. If this fails, consult your manual for the board to find the CMOS jumper. A laptop has a battery that you need to disconnect to wipe it. On desktops there is usually a jumper on the board your connect to clear it. If not, simply remove the battery, remove the power cable, turn off the psu, press the power button and hold it to discharge any stored current, wait around 60 seconds, then put it back together.

I looked for some info, i can't see to tell if that board supports the Pre Post linux Operating system.

On my intel board for my i7core, it supports I think they call it fastgate? Its a slim linux OS installed right on the motherboard that appears before POST. If you didn't install that when you set windows up, on my system, it hangs on the screen that would be loading that for around 10 seconds.

Check your manual and see if that's the case, if so, you can either install the fastgate linux, or somewhere in the bios turn the timeout to 0 and you won't see it again

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by phishyblankwaters

OK will try that,just downloaded the manual on this board again,like I said I did not build it so am having to troubleshoot.My wife is up now so I'll be back...thanks a whole lot for the quick responses and advice..be back in a while....peace Ya'll

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 08:56 AM
link   
This could be the video card if you have one... Some video cards have a bios boot screen right before the motherboard boot screen (I know Nvidia does)... If you do have a video card take it out and use the VGA out on the mother board and see if you get that long delay before BIOS startup... this should help you figure out if it is the video card or not... If you don't have a video card it sound like you could have a faulty MoBoard or a faulty BIOS chip... hope this helps

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 08:57 AM
link   
every place I have looked says the latest bios version is causing this problem on the older model dp35dp,I want to roll back the bios as that seems to be the solution from what I have read,the exe file would not flash,will have to reflash with jump drive..any suggestions before I start?

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by gary714

Do what i said first... take the video card out and use the MOBO VGA out... Then you will know if it's a misbehaving video card or not

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 09:04 AM
link   
there is no video out on the mobo,I do have an evga 8600gt,you think thats the problem?

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 09:06 AM
link   
also I am finding people with the same problem on this board and rolling back the bios fixed it for them...

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by gary714

It could be like i said nvidia has a bios before the MOBO bios. Your MOBO might not be "getting along" with it... you might want to search for problems with that video card

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by gary714

yeah you should try to roll back the driver also

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 09:14 AM
link   
ok I see what you mean..when installing the drivers for the video card nvidia even says that with intel it will warn about issues to ignore and install anyway...I'll look into it...my machine runs smooth and fast,it's just this boot issue driving me crazy....if it ain't right, it ain't right..gonna contact nvidia...I ought to blow out windows and just run linux...peace Ya'll

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by gary714

I just thought of something video card related
... Some older MOBOs that have a PCIe 1.0 slot will have issues with video cards that are PCIe 2+... maybe rolling back the driver could resolve this issue, but I would think that having the latest driver would correct the issue stated above.
edit on 10-5-2011 by JJDoggie84 because: added clearity

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   
maybe but as I said I'm finding other people reporting the same problem after going to bios version 572 which is what is installed,rolling back fixed for them,can't find any reported issues with this mobo and video card..how about rolling back bios?Is there a reson not...the drivers work fine and the latest driver for my video card causes problems.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by gary714

If people say rolling the driver back is what fixed it that's what I would do too.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   
I didn't want to but now I have...problem fixed.I really want to thank all of you...peace ya'll

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   
The problem was most likely a setting in the bios by default, I have my computer set up to hold before the bios, I did this so I can know what key to press.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   
I really don't know whats up,I rolled back the bios and it booted fast twice,now it hangs again.I get a black screen with a cursor not flashing for 10 seconds then it starts to load,but that is all before the bios screen.I have looked until my eyes burn from satring at the damn screen so long...as a side note intel has been less than useless in this matter,I guess I will put up with this until my next build...someone mentioned a 2600k chip..maybe I'll start there..speed speed speed ,thats all I want,it's fast once booted just between the hang and the os loading the time is irritating to say the least.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join