It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

School kids having to get a shot for whooping cough. I am scared.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   
I recieved a letter from my daughters school (high school) that there is a epidemic Whooping Cough. All students are REQUIRED to get the shot for this.
A few months ago, I was terribly ill, and it sure seemed like whooping cough, it was agonizing. BUT my doctor said it was a upper respiratory infection...I have had those before, and this recent thing was MANY times worse.

My daughter was sick also, and when she was running fever, we took her to hospital--they said upper respiratory infection...I was more ill than her by comparison, and same diagnosis.

This letter and requirement of that shot scares me not only for my own daughter, but for the other kids. I am in Northern CA. Need you input...Has anyone youknow been dianosed with Whooping cough? There are MANY people sick as far as the bay area, and none mentioned whooping cough.

I am trying to see if this "epidemic" is true, because I don't like the idea of a child being injected for one thing and being told it is for something else....In otherwords, I do not trust what I read in that letter. I have to find that letter again. If anyone else got that letter from their childs school and has it on hand, could you post here what it says in general 9without revealing personal info).

Thanks.
I am woried, is anyone else?

please pardon my typos, I am stressed.
edit on 6-5-2011 by triplereiki because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   
I am an RN and here in my county we have had numerous cases, but no deaths....

Click on your county health department website and see if there is any info....also here is an article I found:
children.webmd.com...

CDC says there is an epidemic going on
www.cdc.gov...

I can understand your concern. I homeschool my daughter for reasons such as this. What will they do if she doesnt get a shot??

You can always refuse based on personal religious beliefs!! Dont forget that!!

Good Luck....

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Here in the UK whooping cough vaccine is given to children as babies, both my kids have had it, and they are fine, I had the whooping cough vaccine as a youngster, and at the time there was controversy it may cause brain damage, my mother didn't seem too phased, so I had the vaccine, and we are all ok

I'm sure its fine for your daughter to have it, but obviously its a personal decision, and one you must ultimately make alone, but I hope my experience brings some comfort to your decision making process.

edit on 6-5-2011 by solargeddon because: are has an "e" at the end lol

edit on 6-5-2011 by solargeddon because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   
I can't blame you, 2,000 something kids died from vaccines. Just lie, google how you lie to the system so your kids won't have to get a jab.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Info taken from www.immunizenc.com... vaccine is recommended for:

* Adolescents 11 through 18 years of age should get one booster dose of Tdap
o A dose of Tdap is recommended for adolescents who got DTaP or DTP as children, but have not yet gotten a dose of Td. The preferred age is 11-12.
o Adolescents who have already gotten a booster dose of Td are encouraged to get a dose of Tdap as well, for protection against pertussis. Waiting at least 5 years between Td and Tdap is encouraged, but not required.
o Adolescents who did not get all of their scheduled doses of DTaP or DTP as children should complete the series using a combination of Td and Tdap.
* Adults 19 through 64 years of age should substitute Tdap for one booster dose of Td. Td should be used for later booster doses.
o Adults who expect to have close contact with an infant younger than 12 months of age should get a dose of Tdap. Waiting at least two years since the last dose of Td is suggested, but not required.
o Healthcare workers who have direct patient contact in hospitals or clinics should get a dose of Tdap. A two-year interval since the last Td is suggested, but not required.
o New mothers who have never received a dose of Tdap should get a dose as soon as possible after delivery.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   
There are ways around this REQUIREMENT. But you'll have to get paperwork from school district officials to opt out. Which they will tell you doesn't exist, but it does. Don't let them tell you that it's not an option. Because it is. They told my friend he couldn't opt out, but he found out later he could have. Try google, there is a lot of info out there on this. Hope that helps.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   
I guess it depends on the state/school district. In our area, I told them my son would not be getting one of the "newly" required shots, and they didn't even ask me to fill out paper work.
Maybe they were supposed to, but I would have wrote down whatever worked anyway.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 04:01 AM
link   
Thank you so much for your info and support. I will go ahead and check around.
I will also check that website and see if there really is reports of whooping cough high in numbers.
I just do not trust injections...we can only take there word for it, and since many of us cannot simply look and know exactly what really is in that syringe, I am very hesitant. Sure they can show a bottle of what is in it, but what if the bottle with label is a ruse.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 04:36 AM
link   
I am not a fan of vaccinations, nor I'm I fan fan of the direction the medical industry has taken, especially with the training and incentives from those with a vested interest in the pharmaceutical industry.

But what to do?

Well I decided to take charge of my OWN health and haven't consulted with a medical professional in years and I honestly haven't felt more satisfied, not to mention healthier. Probably better off monetarily too.

You can either go down the 'alternative' medicine path and research the legal documents at the (US) patent office as well as searching the web to get up to speed with all the latest developments in alternative health solutions or you could go down the natural healing route and use methods utilized by Dr John Christopher (RIP), Dr Max Gerson (RIP), Dr Richard Schulze etc

You inject me with a mandatory live virus - I'll kill it. Simple as that.

As a wise man once said, " A patient cured is a customer lost" - Dr Robert Beck (RIP).

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 12:02 AM
link   
I know there has been commercials to rase awareness about whooping cough. Sounds like its pretty easy to get or give. From what I understand, its like Staph it already lives on us its just a matter of who actually winds up catching it.

Of course, i have no references other than the commercials, of course they could be wrong. I don't blame you for being concerned, however. It does seem odd that a virtually non-existant desease in thes country would all of a sudden need a vaccine.

I don't think they can require it. You could probably check with a local health office to see if there has been an epidemic. Or ask the principal personally why the decision was made.

Don't back down without finding out. At least ask. Not the teacher either, they go off rumors in the break room.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 12:12 AM
link   
To opt out In Texas, all you have to do is fill this form out, and you will get forms in the mail that you need to get notarized , and your kids are exempt from vaccines. Public schools have to accept it.
Here is the link webds.dshs.state.tx.us...
surely CA has something similar

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Hello again. In the letter it said students are required to have that shot upon entering back into school.
Just got a automated message on my phone today reminding us that our child must get that shot and there are little places set up for them to get it...Friggin pressure is on.
Early June she goes on summer vacation, so why the pressure if kids will be leaving school for their vacation soon. Seems like they are trying to get the shot into our kids BEFORE they leave. I do not feel right about this, so I am going to take my time and check this out and late summer, I may decide she will get her shot before she re-enters school.

Pass the word, we need to know are people being diagnosed with whooping cough, because so far out of alot of people I know who have been pretty ill, not one of them have been diagnosed with whooping cough. I want to keep this thread open, because I could be onto something here...
Remember all those swine flu shots people refused to take? They toook a good financial hit with all those wasted shots, so what if they are trying to inject folks anyway through whatever means or ruse...and with so much research and creations of virus, what if some illness was created to scare folks into getting shots that could do even worse damage..hey, this is my child I am worrying about and I am responsible for her HEALTH and WELL-BEING and I also as a parent protect that as well. They will not make decisions with the life of my child, I will, and I do not blindly listen to heresay in letters. Once that stuff is injected into a body, that's it.

Could use some help and input, not just because of my child but EVERY child. If you want to hurt someone or bring them down to their knees, harm their child....Well, I tell you it wont bring me to my knees, I will do otherwise.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by triplereiki

I'm in South CA and over here students from K-12 are required to have this shoot too for the new school year. I went to the doctor about two weeks ago asking about this whooping cough vaccine but I was told that they gave it to me in 2004 or 2008 and that I didn't need to take it again. They said it's just a booster though...

I don't think it's anything to worry about. I mean most likely it's just like an upgrade vaccine. And not to mention that in the news they would always say that small children were getting whooping cough a lot.

So it's best to be safe and then sorry. Or just go to the doctor and ask for more information about it

Edit:
Over here students need to prove that they have gotten this shoot, if not they will have delays in starting their new school year. In a way it's like how you have to make sure that your children have all their vaccines and stuff before entering school. I guess after all the kids have the shoot, it will just be included in the immunization card.
edit on 21-5-2011 by Xenam because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-5-2011 by Xenam because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   
eh i traveled alot as a kid (5-12ish) and they gave me all kinds of vaccinations and whatnot so i could go see africa and asia and thats why i think i never get sick any more (last time i was realy realy sick was 2003)so i dunno they seemed to have done good for me but i dont rember all this hubub when i was geting them so maby times have changed since i was a little one

new topics

top topics

join