It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Government refusing to show proof is illegal

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Obama has already stated just a few hours ago he will not authorize any photo showing a dead Osama Bin Laden. This act should get overturned as lawsuits will surely be constructed to get the photo(s) released and get proof that OBL is in fact, dead in the manner that this administration claims. Any action in the name of America should be backed up with concrete evidence. We all saw the photos of Saddam's sons, Uday & Qusay after they were killed in crisp photos. Why is this act illegal? Simple, the FBI never charged OBL with any terrorist activity on 911 and basically, the US in technical terms just killed a citizen of another country. The US has never produced ANY evidence to back up it's claim that OBL was guilty of planning, executing any event on 911. I guess Obama does not wish to upset his Muslim buddys by doing the same. Without the proof of any photographic evidence this is just another story that the American people and the world must place a great deal of trust into who is claiming this to be the truth. While the citizens may rejoice in the deed of our elite Navy Seals many of us do not rejoice within the words of this president. He has lied before claiming many things during his run for the presidency and has failed at keeping any promises he made. The people deserve to see the photo to finally see that Bin Laden is dead and Obama's concern for what others may think is just a play on emotions for the simple minded who believe his continued rhetoric.

edit on 5/4/2011 by Humint1 because: title edit

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Humint1

Make sure whoever calls the White House tells them Obama is a piece of $hit....
edit on 5/4/2011 by Chrisfishenstein because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Chrisfishenstein

I already told them what I thought.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   
I think this is actually a good thing in a turn of events.

The longer he holds out, the more people are thinking "This smells like BS, what's really going on?".

People I know, hard core Obama Fans, are questioning Obama's choices about the whole situation.

So please, Obama, continue to with-hold information.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Before you post any further, please familiarize yourself with ATS Terms and Conditions of Use:

15e.) Recruitment/Solicitation:

i) You will not use your membership in the Websites for any type of recruitment to any causes whatsoever. You will not Post, use the chat feature, use videos, or use the private message system to disseminate advertisements, chain letters, petitions, pyramid schemes, or any kind of solicitation for political action, social action, letter campaigns, or related online and/or offline coordinated actions of any kind.

ii) You will not Post, use the chat feature, use videos, or use the private message system to collect or ask for the personal information (data mining) about forum members, including email addresses and "real life" names, in any manner whatsoever, or for any reason whatsoever.

iii) You will not Post, use the chat feature, use videos, or use the private message system to solicit members of the Websites on behalf of another message board, online community or competitor. You will not attempt to use your membership to encourage or lure other members in any way to other websites or discussion boards in competition with TAN. Doing so will result in removal of your Post(s) and immediate termination of your account.

And edit your post.

Thanks for your cooperation!
edit on May 4th 2011 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

OOps...sorry. Got caught up in whatever. Will edit.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Gotta see something.. I know I paid 1/300,000,000 of the price tag to catch the martyr flunky

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Humint1

Can we get him to show us the "real" birth certificate while we are at it. Going by that as a standard we should have the pic of OBL released by 2013 (give or take a year)!

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   
They use our tax dollars for this war, I think we have a right to see it.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Humint1

At the bottom of the FBI site.

UBL and others wanted for disclaimer

www.fbi.gov...

It is also important to note that these individuals will remain wanted in connection with their alleged crimes until such time as the charges are dropped or when credible physical evidence is obtained, which proves with 100% accuracy, that they are deceased.

When truth is divided, errors multiply...

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   
They just released some pictures and Reuters will show even more:

ca.news.yahoo.com...

Here they are (warning graphic):

www.reuters.com...
edit on 4-5-2011 by HedyLamarr because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Opspeculate

When you suggest "credible physical evidence," how do you know this has not been done? Just because you or I have not been made privvy to the information does not make it so. There is a saying from back in my day which is "be careful what you wish for...you might just get it..."
edit on 4-5-2011 by USAF8307 because: Misspelled word.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Not picking on you in particular because this kind of thing is all over the board and all over the web, But do you realize how much more powerful a message this would be if your thread title were to read...

US Government refusing to show proof is illegal

How many more people would sit up and take notice and make connections and retain continuity and see what's happening instead of being trapped in this partisan crap....

Seriously, this kind of thing dilutes both the message and the seriousness of what is happening and is effectively paralyzing we the people—as intended.

STOP helping them!

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Do you people really think that Obama is the only one holding out on his bc
I'm very sure that his party knows exactly where he's born.

They must have checked it, before they decided to let him run.

As to OBL, it won't be long before we find out what the reason is behind this whole charade

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

I agree with you!
And I changed it

edit on 5/4/2011 by Humint1 because: spelling

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Is it really illegal? So after allegdly shooting him up and dumping his corpse into the sea in a hurry no pics will be released. big surprise there xd, if that is the last word. But are they obligated to release pictures?

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   
If this guy buys the story enough to celebrate so do I....

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Humint1

Any action in the name of America should be backed up with concrete evidence.

So wait, you mean every top secret mission should include concrete evidence made public? Since when?

We all saw the photos of Saddam's sons, Uday & Qusay after they were killed in crisp photos.

Yep, but if I'm not mistaken there was an embedded journalist with the military when it happened.

Why is this act illegal?

Who decided that it was illegal?

Simple, the FBI never charged OBL with any terrorist activity on 911....

Alert - the FBI does not carge anyone, ever with anything. They are a law enforcement agency, not a court of law. By the way, OBL was charged in American courts with bombings in Africa that killed American citizens and targeted American property.

.....and basically, the US in technical terms just killed a citizen of another country.

So did he.

The US has never produced ANY evidence to back up it's claim that OBL was guilty of planning, executing any event on 911

Fine, whatever, then we killed him for orchestrating the murder of US citizens in Africa. By the way, read the Mossaoui trial transcript.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Ok, here is the thing for all of those who are worried about indictments, warrants, his having a weapon during the raid and other evidence regarding the death of Osama Bin Laden…

You seem to have mistaken the rules of one of two distinct games for the other; the first being “Cops and Robbers” the second being “Soldiers and Terrorists”.

The rules of Cops and Robbers are pretty confusing and in most cases require an actual lawyer to sort them out properly.

However, the game of Soldiers and Terrorists is pretty simple – if you are a Soldier you kill the Terrorists and vice versa although as a Terrorist you can pretty much kill anyone you want...

Soldiers take their orders from their Chain of Command as do the Terrorists and any member of the chain either personally, his residence or conveyance are valid targets and no real "evidence" is required other than being on either one of the two sides. Again, not so important for the Terrorists...

The only real rule is that you pick a side but then again that really only applies to the Soldiers as Terrorists are a sneaky bunch which makes them hard to trust when it comes to surrender so when they reach for something reflex kicks in and often results in a quick cranial lead injection for the Terrorists.

There are some other rules like Soldiers don’t target kids and or women intentionally and stuff like that but again the rules are rather one sided. Best leave the game to the professionals IMO.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   
[snipped]

Fortunately, Osama admitted his role in 9/11 and he was wanted for the bombings in Africa which he also admitted it having a role in. The entire world knows he has bragged about killing Americans. The only group in the world who doesn't know this is truthers.

What is it about a photo that either proves or disproves Osama's guilt or innocence? Why is it illegal to not show a photograph of his dead body? The answer is that it isn't. It is in no way illegal, immoral, or dishonest to not show a gruesome photo that will undoubtedly incite his followers in the Muslim World to further violence likely aimed at US Service men and women currently in the Middle East. No one really gives a damn what conspiracy theorists think. That has already been stated clearly by the Administration. Why would anyone in the US Government take the risk of inciting violence in the Middle East among Osama's followers in an attempt to satisfy terrorists apologists. Less than 1 minute after release of a photograph it would be labeled as fake and/or photo shopped as has already occurred in this very thread. I agree with the decision and I sincerely hope it never changes. It is the correct and proper thing to do.

Mod Note: Courtesy is Mandatory – Please Review Link.

edit on 5/4/2011 by tothetenthpower because: removed by staff

top topics

<<   2 >>

join