It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

coming to you: AIDS as catching as the common cold!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 08:49 AM
link   
hi all.

please people tell me that this very recent news article is not true!!

It says, more or less, that there is a "new" Aids in China, an Aids as catchable as the common cold!

www.theepochtimes.com...

Highly Contagious AIDS-Like Disease Spreading in China

Several Chinese media have recently reported that the Department of Health of Guangdong Province has confirmed that people in Beijing, Shanghai, and Guangdong have fallen ill after being infected with an unknown virus. The patients think they have AIDS, but they test negative for HIV.

However, the disease seems to be highly contagious and can spread by contact via any bodily fluid—through kissing, shared utensils, sweat, and even protected sex. Once infected, the immune system appears to be attacked, which results in a decrease of white blood cells and the body’s ability to defend against infectious disease and foreign materials.

One infected man told The Epoch Times that the disease is highly infectious and hard to prevent. His wife and two-year-old child both appear to have it. The child has lip and skin blood spots, he said.

In May of that year, Lin accidentally became infected through contact with his mother’s blood. Fourteen days later, he fell ill with swollen lymph nodes on his neck, sore knees that made clicking sounds, and pain all over his body. He also started vomiting after every meal, and the left side of his face swelled up. In half a year, his weight dropped from 82 kilograms (181 lbs) to 52 kilograms (115 lbs).

if True, this is not good, at all, people!

someone could cough in an elevator, and bam, you have It! like aids, the condition does not kill you, but your immune system is shot to hell. Then 500 other conditions, from pneumonia to cancer, debilitate you, kill you.

Suppose a 70 to 90 percent infection rate?! When 90 percent of a huge city is infected, who will keep civilization ticking and under repair?

oh Yes, "Aids cocktails" will probably be developed for this, but the immense cost and the numbers of infected, will essentially mean that only the rich and the very Elite will get treated.

Thus please people, is this story Real? I would love to read this this article is not true.
Thus here on ATS, maybe someone would Know.

thank you....freestone

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   
A new weapon for the Eugenics war?

I really hope this gets disproven.
edit on 2-5-2011 by StripedBandit because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 08:54 AM
link   
That article appears all over google and I note that Godlike productions has a thread on this.

www.godlikeproductions.com...

there are only, so far, a few replies.

No independent confirmation from any other source. I'd take
it with a bag of rock salt.

and here is yet another godlike thread.

and yet another....

*this* forum post has a replyer that might actually have some information!

rr-bb.com...

in this link, above, the "rr-bb" link, there is one reply that sums up the whole thing. I past it, below

so Informative that I will paste the whole thing here! Please moderator, let me post this whole quote, as it seems so informative, on this whole New-Aids news issue! thanks.....

April 1st, 2011 05:01 PM #5 Rinji
View Profile View Forum Posts Private Message

Regular Member Join Date:Feb 2008
I have a source that talks about this. However, since the sources it cites are web pages and blogs in Chinese, I cannot further dig to get to the original sources they might lead to. And I especially don't trust Google's translation service for Asian languages. So much can go wrong, because of the flexible sentence structures, and since I don't know Chinese like I do some Japanese, I'm out of luck.

While it's not a major news source or anything the information seems to be fairly balanced making me think it's at least some what legitimate.

Here's what it said in a nut shell:

Roughly 10% of people get the severe deterioration of immunity from this disease.

It is transmitted through saliva, blood, and possibly sweat. Intercourse has been ruled out because retroviruses don't' typically infect through saliva. Those who reportedly got it after intercourse probably were kissing.

First symptoms appears after 2-3 days of incubation. around 7-14 days, many symptoms will become apparent. Men typically experience worse symptoms than women. After a year most symptoms will improve and become mild.

Families in China tend to share food from a plate using the same chopsticks and can containment food with infected saliva. Family infection happens with high incidence, usually within a few months (sometimes even weeks).

There are many psychological symptoms caused by a change in brain chemistry that occurs:
including extereme anxiety, depression, suicidal thoughts, poor memory and cognitive function.

The anxiety can cause those who suffer from it to go crazy and ask for as many as 10 AIDS tests. By this time the doctors usually will say something stupid like "You have fear of AIDS disease", which just irritates them more because that's actually what people call it based on the observation of how the patients act. Some patients take this the wrong way and think people are accusing them of imagining it.
If the afflicted is also suffering from poor memory, they might not recall having all those tests done either.

Of Patients who test negative for the disease, 40% will have greatly reduced CD4 cell counts and raised CD8 counts. The other 60% will have roughly normal levels.

Only 10% get severe mental symptoms. The rest get mild versions of some of the symptoms as describe above.

The infection seems to be life long in all cases.

Symptoms

General: Flu-like feeling; continuous low-grade fever; ongoing fatigue and weakness; mental and physical fatigue after exertion; systemic organ damage (liver, gallbladder, kidney, lung, intestine, bone). Internal organs start to harden (scleroderma?). Inability to tolerate alcohol, with one or two drinks causing dizziness and higher inebriation than normal.

Throat: Upper respiratory tract infections; severe nasal congestion; nasal cavity infections; dry mouth; oral ulcers; loose teeth.

Tongue: White tongue coating (geographic tongue); red spots on tongue.

Gums: Problems with gums: inflammation of the gums (gingivitis); gum bleeding; gum hyperemia. Sudden periodontal problems.

Lymph Nodes: Swollen lymph nodes (especially in the lower jaw, and groin); thyroid enlargement (thyroid hypertrophy).

Skin: Systemic red rash; purpura rash; peeling skin on palms of hands and soles of feet; oily facial skin; skin becomes stiff and loses elasticity (such that indentations made by finger pressure take a long time to disappear); slow wound healing.

Nails: Nail loss.

Eyes: Red Eyes (conjunctivitis); eye swelling.

Neurological: Dizziness; tinnitus; loss of hearing; vertigo; headache; nausea; drowsiness. Vision may deteriorate. Some patients were diagnosed with viral meningitis.

Psychological Changes: Depression; anhedonia; powerful suicidal thoughts; extreme anxiety; easily irritated; poor memory; confusion and cognitive dysfunction.

Chest: Chest pain; chest tightness; shortness of breath; chills, fast heart rate (tachycardia).

Muscles and Peripheral Nerves: Persistent paresthesias; hands and feet numbness; twitching muscles; muscle pain.

Joints: Overall pain and soreness of joints (arthralgias).

Sleep: Poor sleep; night sweats.

Stomach and Intestines: A variety of gastrointestinal tract problems: chronic diarrhea; stomach ache; belching; loose stools; melena; blood in feces (mostly transient); stool accompanied by mucus.

Body Weight: Weight loss in the first 3 months, then extra weight gain afterwards.

Hair: Hair loss (on the head as well as on the body).

It is possible that the person is highly contagious for up to a year.

I have also read there's an underground movement. People who are experiencing the worse symptoms will actually go around infecting other people because the government refuses to recognize their disease.

So now this begs the question, is the mental confusion really real or fabricated by the government?
I would have to suspect it's real, some people with AIDS will do this on purpose, possibly due to similar brain chemistry changes.
However the reasoning behind it in China is to get noticed by the government, instead of having the emphasis of making other people just a miserable like the U.S.
Either way it's still really bad.

I've found reports of it as far back as 2009. There is some suspect that the disease might have even originated in the U.S.

With all the commotion about avian-flu, I doubt the government is trying to cover this up. There probably is a real disease and those who are severely afflicted might be disgruntled that not enough is being done to help those like them.

freestone
edit on 2-5-2011 by freestonew because: I found additional information!

edit on 2-5-2011 by freestonew because: to add yet more link information, to make clear where the Souce comes from.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by freestonew

Noting beats super squirrel aids lol.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   
While this certainly is not outside the realm of possibility.
I would think that the WHO would be all over this.
As well as every single freaking nation blocking all travel to and from china.

doing a google news search turns up just 3 hits on the subject.
And none of the news reports shows anyone dying from this.

I'm not convinced this is for real.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   
i read other stuff about this. i think it might be true...

kx

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 09:43 AM
link   
or perhaps people in China, given it's close proximity to Japan are starting to get massive radiation effects. the info on this talk about how it has been monitored since last May, but they already have concluded it is most likely passed by kissing, is life long, and after 2 weeks those infected start getting AIDS 'disease' symptoms.

well first of all AIDS is not a disease, but rather a symptom where normally opportunistic diseases that the body can naturally fight off, is weakened/disabled causing said opportunistic diseases to manifest in the body. so basically there is something going around in China apparently that is weakening people's immune systems and making them sick. fallout anyone?

i highly doubt this new 'super aids disease' has been tracked for some time now and kept under the radar. i think if such an immune damaging cause is actually currently making it's rounds in China, it would actually more believable the 'tracking of this cause' for over a year now is made up just for a story, and these people are getting sick from the immune damage they are receiving from the Japan nuclear fallout. the reactors are STILL melting remember... higher then normal radiation levels have been measured in North America, but China is right beside Japan. if more news of this 'mystery' 'super aids-like cold/flu' comes out, and more and more people in China are getting sick or AIDS like symptoms that they are saying is spread by 'simple contact' i think that will be a clear indication of radiation poisoning going on and being covered up.
edit on 2-5-2011 by loagun because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   
This thread was ill-timed, my friends.
2 Flags and getting absolutely BURIED by duplicate Osama threads..

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by StripedBandit
This thread was ill-timed, my friends.
2 Flags and getting absolutely BURIED by duplicate Osama threads..

Yea gotta let ATS vent for a couple days. This is interesting if real...

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Trump you listening?? Spend another billion and look into this also please....

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Do you think this could be a coverup of radiation exposure symptoms...just so the people don't start rioting in the streets TPTB write it off as a new disease. I've read a few sites that give radiation exposure symptoms and while not quite as in depth as that other posters..they do both start out with flu like symptoms

Michelle

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   

freetonew

Thankyou for the list of symptoms,......... they pretty much cover every illness that anyone might get ...

Your story and post is actually perfectly possible.... It was long discussed about the possiblity of the AIDS virus ' mutating' and becoming an easy infection to catch........... it is a simple virus which seems to have a level of intelligence about it in both it's behaviour and makeup......

If true then you need to hope that your immunity will be one of the few that will be able to cope with this new problem.......

No random kissing or sharing cups and dfinatley wear a mask in public, if not FULL NBC suit..!!

regards

PDUK

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Was this illness perhaps manufactured and given to many of the population on purpose....has a way to promote population control reduction?

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   
There are many vectors for AIDS. It just means your immune system is compromised by acquiring an infection. Many infections compromise the immune system and don't get resolved. I've tested to be slightly immune compromised, but don't have the money to get tested for the various mycoplasmas to verify which ones are doing the damage.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Or... a retrovirus that is even worse than HIV/AIDS. Which the CDC is trying to hide, and has been trying to hide since HIV/AIDS come to the forefront in the 80's. XMRV has been possibly linked so far to many types of cancer, autism, MS, ME/CFS, Fibromyalgia etc.

Right now, we have lot's of controversy about XMRV in the media. Time will tell.

Harm None
Peace

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   

sites.google.com...

Reports from China about this mystery HIV-like disease are often uncorroborated and anecdotal. It is almost certain is that this pathogen is not a new HIV strain, and is very unlikely to be a new retrovirus. Testing at the Pasteur Institute of Shanghai and the Chinese CDC has confirmed that this pathogen is not a mutated HIV virus nor new HIV strain. In any case, human retroviruses do not generally transmit by saliva.

Research

So far, only the only official research conducted on this emerging new virus has been undertaken at the Pasteur Institute of Shanghai and the Chinese Center for Disease Control (China CDC). However, scientists at these centers have not yet determined the nature or identity of this pathogen, but have ruled out many possibilities.

The following centers are aware of this outbreak: Peking University (by Professor Yue Wang), the Koch Institute Germany, the Pasteur Institute France, and the University of California San Francisco Viral Diagnostics and Discovery Center (by Professor Charles Chiu).

Above was quoted from the website linked, having trouble pasting.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   

translate.google.com...

translated Chinese source

"Stunning virus" reached Hong Kong! 內地近年爆發一種被稱為「陰性愛滋病」(簡稱「陰滋病」)的神秘病毒,感染途徑與愛滋病相似。 The outbreak of the Mainland in recent years, called "negative AIDS" (referred to as "HIV negative"), the mysterious virus, infection with HIV similar way.
disease experts have no idea of ​​the virus, but the virus has continued to spread, now found in at least six provinces The virus, as many as thousands of patients, more recently, the first time, people suspected of being infected with "HIV negative.

above is a quote from article in link

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   

sites.google.com...-Pronouncement

Direct quote from site=

Official Pronouncement from the Chinese Ministry of Health, November 2010

The document is from Chinese Ministry of Health government officials, who were visited by a group of people infected with the HIV/AIDS-like virus. This document says that these government officials have reported this virus to more senior officials. Thus this document provides official recognition of these infected patients.

I have been told that this official document is of importance to the sufferers of this HIV/AIDS-like virus, because previously the official government position was that there was no such virus, and that the HIV/AIDS-like disease was not real. This document now gives some official backing and recognition to these HIV/AIDS-like disease patients, and this in turn helps these sufferers in their efforts to get the Chinese media to pay more attention to their plight.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   

translate.google.com...://www.chinacourt.org/html/article/201104/06/446978.shtml

one more showing the Ministry denies the virus, while the other link I posted shows they issued official recognition documentation for the disease carriers. uhm.....okay.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   
There was already a large thread discussing this here

www.abovetopsecret.com...

It is worrying of course

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join