It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Secret Underground Bunkers in Wales

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   
When I was reading the 92 page report from here, I noticed that it said there was an underground bunker in Brecon, Wales. I don't know whether it's true or not, but my best friend who's studying in Cardiff University (which less than an hour from Brecon) told me that he's heard rumours that there's an underground bunker underneath the reservoir. So could this be the underground that was mentioned in the report?

Also, I have something else to say. Keep in mind that I've wanted to make a thread on what I'm about to say now since I joined this site. I live in North Wales, which is a low populated area in Britain with lots of open countryside. And about 20 miles from where I live way up in the mountains is a reservoir called Llyn Brenig (Brenig Lake in English) which is the 4th largest lake in Wales. My Dad used to live in the area before the lake was built as well, and he's told me many times as we drive past it that the old road used to go where the lake is. And there was also a large building there as well, it might have been a hospital (can't remember what my Dad said, I'll need to ask him). But anyway, they flooded all of it without a single care in the world, just so Liverpool and the West of England could get water for free.

Anyway, that's not the point. Recently I've been told by many people I've met in Bangor University (also in North Wales) that there's a secret underground bunker underneath the lake. I then asked my Dad about this, and he said he had heard something was being built there when the lake was being constructed - but no one knew what it was.

And recently I was on a work placement not far from this lake, and I told my colleagues what I had heard about the lake. They told me that they had heard the same theories, and also the locals who live around the lake says there's something definitely there. But they also told me this, apparently the new road that was built to go around the lake has an air strip in one part. Then I thought "now it all makes sense", because the road is very wide and smooth and is incredible to drive one - and this is right in the middle of nowhere as well. Why else would you want a road as good as this right out there? And I know exactly where the air strip would be as well, because this is where I used to go to reach my cars top speed. And even Richard Hammond reviewed the Aston Martin DB9 using the road. Even the road is marked as a narrow road on Goolgle Maps as you can see here:

A = Start of the fantastic road
B = Road reaches at least this point
C = the long stretch which would be the air strip

img713.imageshack.us...

And here's a photo showing the long stretch in Street View:

img204.imageshack.us...

So thankyou for reading, just thought some of you might find it interesting!

I also apologize for the bad grammar, Welsh is my mother tongue!
edit on 1-5-2011 by cllj7 because: bad grammar

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   
So get a pile of people together, and find out eh? Are you part of a fraternity? How about a fraternity outing ?

edit on 1-5-2011 by Bonified Ween because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by cllj7

Dear cllj7

Sorry but if your second photo is supposed to be part of your air strip, I can tell you that it can no longer be used as such.

The foliage is too high on the left to get anything over an ulter-light in there. Even that would be dicey.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 05:35 AM
link   
theres a few what look like bunkers or raid shelters near by, perhaps was a base or is a backup emergancy base still.

chop a few trees down and you have a runway, with plenty of power from near by dams and naturally underground structures.

could be more interesting....

new topics

top topics

join