It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why The US Should Care About The Royal Wedding!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   
You people want to judge royalty? Who are you again?

Here is why the US should care about the Royal Wedding:

whyamericansshouldcareabouttheroyalwedding.com...

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by v1rtu0s0

In 2011, why should anyone care about "royalty?"

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Totally agree. Sounds like they are living in the 1200s again with princes and all. Who care about a wedding of someone with no ruling power what so ever. It angers me everytime it is on the news.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by AndrewSwann
Totally agree. Sounds like they are living in the 1200s again with princes and all. Who care about a wedding of someone with no ruling power what so ever. It angers me everytime it is on the news.

Probably for the same reason people worship celebrities.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Yeah, nobody wants to see 3-4 days of nothing else but royal crap, except the poms themselves of course. The only reason why 2 billion roughly watched, is because they didnt have much choice.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Redevilfan09

I guess nothing else was on.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by v1rtu0s0

There was I guess, but they are still going on about it now on the news channels here.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 03:27 AM
link   
The monarchy are important here in the UK, as although the Queen has no VISIBLE power, she stands between the people and dictatorship.

The politicians can only recommend laws. The queen must sign them onto statute. Although this is generally a formality, it is another layer of protection.

The politicians can ask the queen for the use of HER ARMY for war, but it is NOT the politicians army. Sounds unimportant, but the British army has not been used against the British people for many generations.

I can understand that those abroad may not "get it", but generally in the UK the Monarchy is an important and historical institution.

Lots of people were immensly proud here at how well the Royal wedding went. The feeling is that no other country in the world can do pagent and pomp quite as well as us Brits. Whether you are religious or not, Westminster Abbey is a thousand years old, and completely beautiful. The Mall, and Buckingham palace are gorgeous parts of London, and filled with a million people, are enough to make this jaded old bird swell with patriotic pride.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   

top topics

join