It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To all true Americans. My condolences for your loss.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Anyone who has seen my posts on here regarding America will know I'm no fan but this was not always the case. When I was a kid growing in a country where the English speaking citizens were a minority and 80% of tv shows were not in English, I used to live for shows like the Disney movies (which were in English my native language) I used to dream of a day when I could live like the people portrayed in those sugar glazed shows. Lucky for me we moved to a country that is majority English speaking. And yet my childhood fantasies of what I thought America was continued.

That is of course untill I outgrew my naivety. I started to look at things not how they wanted me to see it but for what it really was. And how I hear you say did I extricate myself from the hypnotic trance that has seemed to befall so many that gaze into the dazzling and brilliant jewel that once was America. I did so buy doing what everybody should be doing in their day to day lives. Judging actions not words or pictures as the case may be.

I started to notice a disparity between the haves and have nots. Noticed a movement away from family values and more towards corporate values. A movement away from self sacrifice and more towards self gratification. Granted this didn't happen over night.

No first they dropped you in a nice Luke warm pot and slowly turned up the heat. And now it smells like dinner time and guess who's on the menu.

I hear so many of you on here shout for revolution. Shouting for freedom, shouting for justice and some just shouting for help. You don't care who it is you just want to be saved by aliens by cosmic shift by some magical politician who will represent you in the manner you want to be represented.

But im sorry to tell you America I think it's too little too late. America reminds me of a man that's been shot in the spine. It's bleeding to death and even if my some miracle it manages to survive it will never walk again. Let alone run.

I know your going to hate reading this. I would if I was an American citizen or had lived there most of my life. If I had invested so much of my time and energy to find out it was all for nothing. I would be fuming mad. But it's not me you should be mad at. I didn't steal your freedom. I didn't steal your jobs. I'm not the one poisoning your food supply. I'm not sending your kids to war to die so a hand full of people can get filthy rich while all you get is a cheap flag that's made in china to drape over your children's coffins.

I have done nothing but try to alert people to what is going on in their own country. I do this not because I'm a saint or am trying to be ritous. I do it because hopefully one day when the same thing happens to Australia and it will, someone from another country will do the same for my family.

This cycle is coming to an end your great empire is breathing it's last on it's death bed.
What grows from the ashes of your once great country is up to you. But as long as the cancer or money and greed pollutes the hearts of men I fear nothing new will arise. The Sumarians the Babylonians the Aztecs and Maya the great Indian and Greek civilization the Ottorman empire the portugese the dutch the British and now the Americans. You are just one stop on the rise and fall of empires. The people who control you and pull your strings understand this. And that is partly why they have the power to pull those strings.

So what can you do? Question is what do you want to do?

Do you want to return back to the 50s &60s when American manufacturing was booming and the universe was in grasp of this once great nation? And what would you do if america returned to it's days of glory? Party like rock stars and snort coke off the backs of hookers? The problem is money and the love people Place on it's aqusition. Humanity needs to shrug off the ego and it's need to validate it's existence. It is the ego that craves the latest fashion the bigger house and all the latest trrimmings.

The only way out of this never ending cycle is to transcend desire but the whole world will never do that at once. And the ones that do transcend never come back to help the people stuck in the cycle. And even if they do. The controlling factions that have a vested interest in the continuation of the cycle will corrupt and pervert the original message of any who try to help.

In closing I want to add that this is by no means a sad or negative thread. Not from my point of view anyway. I accept and understand that the cycle plays out as it should and I learn and grow as a result of it. And if anything I'm grateful and thankful for all the years of entertainment America has provided. I just wish you guys were the ones who could have broken the cycle. I wish you became what you promised the world you would be. There are no flying cars. No free energy. No travel to other planets. No mega cities under the seas.

No, all we have is fear and poverty. As we all sit and await the inevitable end of an era I for one would like to make a toast to America. Thanks for the memories And here's hoping the next great civilization learns from your mistakes.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   
You seem a bit bitter.

Don't count out America so quickly...and don't believe the hype.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

he does seem a bit bitter

I also notice that he fails to tell us where he is from or where he grew up..........seems to be a common theme with those who like to use a stick to bash the US or Americans in general

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by TiM3LoRd

Powerful

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Don't count the old lady out just yet. There is a new breed of individuals ready to take the reigns to drive forward towards the future without hesitation.

Expect us. We are the future, and we shall make it shine.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agarta

Powerful

Really? I found it pretty weak.

I always try to explain the same notion to my father who still stands by "America is the greatest country in the world!" It's really not anymore

But it doesn't mean you have to be an arrogant prick about it

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

I do it because hopefully one day when the same thing happens to Australia and it will, someone from another country will do the same for my family.

He does say he's in Australia

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   
This poster obviously has no idea about American history whatsoever. America has seen tougher times than it has now and come through it just fine.

History is filled with examples of everything you listed and still we are here. I would also like to point out that no civilization can exist without changing. You will never ever have a return to the way things were before which you apparantly see through rose colored glasses.

Historians refer to the 50's great times as a myth as it was anything but that. It was popularized through television and the movies as a great period but in actuallity it was a time of extreme paranoia.

Before you comment on American history please educate yourself with more than Disney movies.
edit on 27-4-2011 by kro32 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   

i am very sorry you see things the way you do but let me say that the usa is not down and out we will allways stand tall we will allways be here for anyone in the world allways have and allways here that is what makes us great we care when a country asks us for help we are there yes we have problems the hole world does but we are still free to come and go to where ever we want we can say anything we are still and allways be free and if we are down we will come back. this country is built to help and care for anyone who wants it or needs it i can go on but but need to go so i am sorry if you feel the you do but dont count us out

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Another American basher,oh well. Pictures or it didn't happen. Your opinion is irrelevent as you don't live here and probably never have. Don't believe everything you hear or read. Why not come visit and see for your self. Most of us like aussies here.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Americas all but dead. As an american i cant wait for it to completely die. Its sickening looking at everyone to worried about their own lives to see what is happening in the world. We deserve this!

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by ManBehindTheMask

he does seem a bit bitter

I also notice that he fails to tell us where he is from or where he grew up..........seems to be a common theme with those who like to use a stick to bash the US or Americans in general

I am a bit bitter but more so sad and disappointed that my hope that America would be the exception to rule didn't pan out. I was born in Sri Lanka and grew up in Australia. I am of European decent but have cultural ties to the country of my birth. But location and genetics aside I'm still a person who wants to see the human race race reach it's true potential.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   

I must, begrudgingly, agree with most of this. Though, the shining gem version of America never was. That part was always a dream. It was an illusion for all, not just Americans. The 'good old days' weren't so good.

As suggested, the weight of the world is placed on America's back, to usher in a new era, or "break the cycle" so to speak, yet instead of helping the spine-shot man, it seems his neighbors would rather gloat.

America is not the only dying empire and far from the only corrupt nation. The world will join America in it's demise. This was our last chance. So if what the OP posits is or becomes true, then the rest of the world is really screwed.

Have a good one.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by kro32
This poster obviously has no idea about American history whatsoever. America has seen tougher times than it has now and come through it just fine.

History is filled with examples of everything you listed and still we are here. I would also like to point out that no civilization can exist without changing. You will never ever have a return to the way things were before which you apparantly see through rose colored glasses.

Historians refer to the 50's great times as a myth as it was anything but that. It was popularized through television and the movies as a great period but in actuallity it was a time of extreme paranoia.

Before you comment on American history please educate yourself with more than Disney movies.
edit on 27-4-2011 by kro32 because: (no reason given)

Your government and you by proxy is in debt to your eyeballs and beyond. Your country has never seen this level of despair and apathy. The one thing that brought you through all those other dark times is also gone. I speak not about the people on this forum who wish for a better society. I'm taking about the materialistic money hungry self serving ego maniacs that run your country. Don't think that good intentions alone will save your country. It won't. If your not taking action your part of the problem.

And I have no misconceptions that once America falls the rest of the world will follow. Why do you think I'm so pisses off. I'm pissed off because the warning signs have been there for years and people let it happen.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Timelord doesnt sound bitter to me, i think i speak for most Aussies when i say i would love to see the US somehow defy the odds and economically recover, unfortunately i think its too late. Obama doesnt even seem to have a plan. I believe we as nations have the same interests at heart, we believe in fair play and love a good underdog story, family comes first attitude.
The US has been in a state of massive change post 911, but is any of it positive change?
Your foreign policies are unpopular here. How can an economy as yours justify multiple foreign military engagements?
But as ive stated before if it were not for the US and Admiral Bull Hallsey (my hero) in particular we here would most likely be speaking Japanese or German today.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Do not mourn the demise of America my friend. It is good that such a thing fades into oblivion. When she goes she will take with her her mother England and her father Rome, her siblings of Canada, Mexico, Brazil, Cuba, and the whole family of nations will become nothing more then tomb stones which mark the land where giants are buried. All should rejoice the great death of nations for they have been a mill stone around the neck of mankind making their struggle through the ages that much more arduous as we raged against each other over false national pride.

The death of nations will come as a plague spawned by the rotting corpses of the greater divider of man, religions, having been left to decay in the summer sun. Their stench a warning to all never to attempt to dominate the spirit of Man again. Oh the glory of the carnage that awaits the wakening of the soul of Man. When the veil of material desires slips from his eyes and he is left to walk this world aware like never before, then he will see how strong his will is when not left subjected to the vile rule of others. When his desire is but to survive, then he will remember what it is to live.

The rock is rolling away from the tomb, and Man is rising. Rejoice.

With Love,

Your Brother

edit on 27-4-2011 by IAMIAM because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Do you want to return back to the 50s &60s when American manufacturing was booming and the universe was in grasp of this once great nation?

dude...WTF are you talking about..?

Apparently your research into Amerincana was a hobby, as your interpretation sucks ass...

It was the GI Generation that raised North America to a hegemonic state...not '57 Chevys or Apple pie.

All we have here is a watered opinion from someone who is obviously quite needy...nothing new nor profound.

But hey - every dog has their day, huh..?

edit on 27-4-2011 by facelift because: mmaarrg

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by facelift

Do you want to return back to the 50s &60s when American manufacturing was booming and the universe was in grasp of this once great nation?

dude...WTF are you talking about..?

Apparently your research into Amerincana was a hobby, as your interpretation sucks ass...

It was the GI Generation that raised North America to a hegemonic state...not '57 Chevys or Apple pie.

All we have here is a watered opinion from someone who is obviously quite needy...nothing new nor profound.

But hey - every dog has their day, huh..?

edit on 27-4-2011 by facelift because: mmaarrg

I never claimed to be an expert on American history. My observations are that and that alone. Observations.

You seem more intent on proving me wrong as if by doing so you can somehow avoid what most people agree is the end of Americas reign as a world player and a dictator of trends. Make sure you direct your ire in the right direction. I didn't cause your countries downfall I am mearly observing it with a sense of pity.

Indeed every dog has it's day. And your day is done. I would seem.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Come gather 'round people
Wherever you roam
And admit that the waters
Around you have grown
And accept it that soon
You'll be drenched to the bone.
If your time to you
Is worth savin'
Then you better start swimmin'
Or you'll sink like a stone
For the times they are a-changin'.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Cut it out OP. Your little 'heartfelt' speech is as transparent as glass. You don't feel sorry about what you perceive as the fall of the American empire. No, you don't. You are gloating and rubbing your little hands together in glee.

But I wouldn't celebrate just yet. You underestimate the strength of the everyday, average American. You see our silly pop culture and pathetic government and judge us all. Do so at your own peril.

If we fall; you will surely fall as well.

So, enough of the celebration disguised as compassion.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join