It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bernanke Speaks- *Prepare For Hyperinflation*

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   
In the last two hours precious metals have risen substantially in lieu of Ben Bernanke's address. I've been watching this press conference today, and the one question that is huge, which he beat around the bush when answering was, "What happens after June with the money from QE2 is spent?" Folks, prepare for the worst. I don't see things getting better, but much, much worse. This could be the last straw for those who have invested in our T-bills.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   
I agree but those jack wagons on wall street are getting major gains wtf is goin on.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   
How long do you think we have before hyperinflation happens?

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Arcade425

It depends greatly on China, but if/when they dump the dollar, it will create a domino effect. They are already planning their escape by collaborating with other large economies. Research BRICS, the China Russia agreement that happened some time ago, and watch this potential scenario presented by the National Inflation Association.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Yeah he seemed pretty nervous. I almost felt sorry for him and wanted to pet his beard to calm him down.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   
It's the plan and it's working. Exports are soaring thanks to a weak dollar. The relative value of dollar denominated debts is falling. I've outlined the "secret" plan (which isn't hidden at all, just not specified) for over a year now, in various threads.

Jobs are being created at an accelerating pace as well.

The plan is brilliant, if you are a banker or corporated executive.

Of course the middle and lower class won't see a benefit at the end of the tunnel. Wages continue to rise below the rate of inflation, while Wallstreet sees the benefits of recored corporate profits thanks to unprecedented tax breaks, inflated prices at home and increased export potential in foreign markets.

We suffer the consequences so they can create and then KEEP more wealth.

It's the last part of that equation that has and continues to be, the fatal flaw in American social and economic principles.

Same songs, just a different album cover.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   
My term for Wall Street is "The Golden Calf". Everyone keeps dancing around it and taking what they can. If the fact that it keeps going up and most people can't quite say why, it's a bubble. And bubbles burst. It is going to happen and it is going to happen soon. In all my life I've never seen such a disconnect between the powers that be and the powers that be not.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   
sorry guys but i can't seem to find the story about this. anyone have a handy link or google search terms. i found nothing of him actually talking about it, just news stories talking about him talking about it (very briefly) and didn't see anything of what he's actually said.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by ICEKOHLD
sorry guys but i can't seem to find the story about this. anyone have a handy link or google search terms. i found nothing of him actually talking about it, just news stories talking about him talking about it (very briefly) and didn't see anything of what he's actually said.

I don't recall him saying "prepare for hyperinflation" I think the title of the thread is a little misleading. Basically he said we'll keep printing money till june then maybe keep going.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by ICEKOHLD

Hard to find info on it...however, if you're interested in Obama's alleged birth certificate, plenty on that. Must be a coincidence The White House decided to release that today.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   
2008: Bernanke announces an economic time bomb has gone off, the banks need emergency funding, say, 700 billion or so. The media says it's a "recession" but really it's just 700 billion going to the banks

2008-2011: The fed pumps trillions into the domestic and foreign banks, claiming it's necessary to prevent the recession from going into a depression (even though there's been a constant depression since 1913).

April 27, 2011: Bernanke announces that the fed will stop stimulating the economy

If you know the real game plan of the central banks, (inflation followed by deflation), then the hyperinflation was already happening for 3 years with the trillions pumped into the economy. But now the fed is pulling the plug, shutting off the flow of money, and the result will be higher interest rates, scarce credit, and severe spending cuts for the government and public services.

For about a year now, businesses all over the world have been expanding because of the super low interest rates from the fed. But now that money will go from easy to hard, the businesses will not have the money to continue their expanded operations. The fed has indirectly destroyed businesses that were unwise enough to expand simply because of the credit expansion as opposed to actual business profits.

Prices may indeed go down a bit, only because money will be hard to come by, but the stock market will tumble and the usual crowd will buy it all up for pennies on the dollar.

This is just my opinion, it could be wrong.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Arcade425
How long do you think we have before hyperinflation happens?

I would say that by the end of this year, we should see some pretty hardcore inflation. Hyper Inflation? Maybe not that bad, but for sure inflation.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by mayabong

Originally posted by ICEKOHLD

I don't recall him saying "prepare for hyperinflation" I think the title of the thread is a little misleading. Basically he said we'll keep printing money till june then maybe keep going.

I posted a link to a live feed of it there are some comments that give you a basic overview of what was said over there www.abovetopsecret.com...

I didn't hear anything about expecting hyperinflation... he said they would "take measures" if inflation continued to rise, but he attributed the current spike to high oil prices which they expect to "stabilize"... but this is Bernanke talking so who knows...

edit on 27-4-2011 by wearewatchingyouman because: can't spell

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   
I'm not nervous about this I just wanna be prepared for the worst case scenario.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by mayabong

By not raising interest rates the dollar will continue to weaken. This will lead to inflation worse than we have seen already.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by ICEKOHLD

You can watch the video and see the transcript here.

www.c-spanvideo.org...

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by DaveakaRNG

i totally agree, just by your title you would think bernanke said it himself, but its obvious thats not what you meant.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   
it was funny how the dollar was tanking big time as he was talking about the strong dollar.

Live Dollar Chart

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Last night on ABC business they announced that Japan was going to start selling off their US bonds to help pay for recovery efforts.This is it,a combination of factors to bring turmoil upon the people.
We in Australia are not too far behind;inflation has gone thru the roof with food,petrol and services (electricity) to blame,so the fix? Put up interest rates.Dont ya just love it!

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by DaveakaRNG

Funny but I heard him say that the strength of the dollar was very important to America and the world economy... He said they would take measures if inflation continued to rise because this would hurt the economy, but that they attributed it to high oil prices and other factors which they expected to stabilize..."taking measures" usually implies raising interest rates... I mean you can call the man a liar but I thought he was pretty clear on this point...
edit on 27-4-2011 by wearewatchingyouman because: clarity

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join