It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dr Death suicide film being shown in schools: Euthanasia fanatic gives workshop on how to kill yours

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Dr Death suicide film being shown in schools: Euthanasia fanatic gives workshop on how to kill yourself in educational video for 14-year-olds

www.dailymail.co.uk

Pupils are being taught about euthanasia with a video featuring a notorious assisted suicide campaigner nicknamed Dr Death.

Dr Philip Nitschke is shown demonstrating his machine that delivers lethal injections in the film, which is already being shown to pupils as young as 14 across the country.

There is also footage of him giving workshops on assisted suicide methods, which church leaders have criticised as an 'invitation to commit suicide'.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   
I didn't find this in a search and I would put it in US Political Madness but it is coming out of the UK.

I do not understand the motivation of showing 14 year olds how to commit suicide or help others commit suicide. Its as if they don't remember being a teenager.

Actually, I understand full well as these are the same people showing kids blowing up that disagree with the depopulation agenda in television ads.

I think the mentality is that the world has too many slaves and certainly won't miss a bunch of teenagers in "public" schools, useless eaters...

Of course this will be sold as helping young children cope with death... Yeah, I'm sure thats the motivation.

www.dailymail.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Want to avoid having your child taught the virtues of suicide? It'll cost you. It'll cost on the order of £30,000 a year now with the recent inflation. You think the rich are being taught the virtue of their own death?

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   
I don't see the problem. I was taught about Euthanasia in school, not in a 'Euthanasia is good' kind of way though. It was more like 'Euthanasia is a controversial issue which divides opinion. Have a look at the opposing arguements and evaluate their pro's and con's. Discuss with each other and try to form your own opinion.' Nothing sinister there, I think it'd be worse if issues like this were ignored. Or would you rather kids fell out of their bubble wrap after school and died of shock from discovering that things like Euthenasia and Abortion are actual real issues that many people feel strongly about?

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by March of the Fire Ants
Or would you rather kids fell out of their bubble wrap after school and died of shock from discovering that things like Euthenasia and Abortion are actual real issues that many people feel strongly about?

Does that happen? I remember that Leave it to Beaver episode. Seriously, what styles of suicide were you taught? Did they come with demonstrations like these?

Now for some intelligent opinion:

'When Dr Nitschke gives his workshops he doesn't know whether people have mental health problems or difficulties which would prevent them making an informed choice.

'We believe it's irresponsible to put information on how to end your own life into the ether without knowing who it is going to.'

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by ararisq

Originally posted by March of the Fire Ants
Or would you rather kids fell out of their bubble wrap after school and died of shock from discovering that things like Euthenasia and Abortion are actual real issues that many people feel strongly about?

Does that happen? I remember that Leave it to Beaver episode. Seriously, what styles of suicide were you taught? Did they come with demonstrations like these?

Now for some intelligent opinion:

'When Dr Nitschke gives his workshops he doesn't know whether people have mental health problems or difficulties which would prevent them making an informed choice.

'We believe it's irresponsible to put information on how to end your own life into the ether without knowing who it is going to.'

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...

.............................................................I had such good reply written out then, but this gay laptop decided to go back and it's gone now. Ah well, I'm sure you'll be happier when someone more intelligent comes along to argue over this non-issue with you. Have a nice day.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by ararisq

I think the mentality is that the world has too many slaves and certainly won't miss a bunch of teenagers in "public" schools, useless eaters...

Of course this will be sold as helping young children cope with death... Yeah, I'm sure thats the motivation.

You are clearly paranoid ararisq. Assisted suicide for the terminally ill is more ethical than forcing people to suffer in incredible pain and indignity to the point of death for the benefit of those who believe it's the dominion of a sky fairy.

I get the feeling that you probably look for hidden conspiracies everywhere. How you joined the abstract dots above and came to your conclusions is rather worrisome.

IRM

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   
death and eternal life should be available for all those who are willing to earn it.

there should be no law preventing those who want to die from dying... or those that want to live forever.. from doing so.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 11:31 PM
link   
This isn't even about wether euthanasia is right or wrong, it's about if children should be denied the right to discuss and form their own opinions on complex and controversial issues.

Some people clearly think opinions should be inserted by parents.

Kids can handle a lot more than we give them credit for, especially in the right circumstances and with the right guidance and encouragement. Saying that this video will result in a wave of teen suicides is so sensational and fear mongering it's un-believable. It's to be expected from bog roll like the Daily Mail though.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 11:38 PM
link   
education ie schools are suppose to prepare our youth to have a future

now this how to end one.

there are somethings that have no place in a school.

add another problem is the nature of teenage suicides now they will learn how to get it right.

i do no know what to think about education in the world anymore.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 12:47 AM
link   
reply to post by ararisq

Bear in mind this is from the Daily Mail, who like to ever so slightly distort the truth in favour of a jolly good panic over nothing.

Buried within the article is this:

It is being shown to pupils aged 14 to 18, mainly those studying GCSE philosophy which includes euthanasia on the curriculum.

Say's it all. No-one is being forced and it is being shown to students studying Philosophy, where it is on the Curriculum as a subject to be studied and debated.

No panic, just typical Daily Mail BS and knee-jerkery....

edit on 18/4/11 by stumason because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 12:52 AM
link   
The article states that it's being shown to kids in a philosophy class which has euthenasia in the curriculem. I think that's totally appropriate to help them understand this subject.

You are purposefully making this sound like it's being shown to everyone. Do much fear-mongering?

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by InfaRedMan
You are clearly paranoid ararisq. Assisted suicide for the terminally ill is more ethical than forcing people to suffer in incredible pain and indignity to the point of death for the benefit of those who believe it's the dominion of a sky fairy.

I get the feeling that you probably look for hidden conspiracies everywhere. How you joined the abstract dots above and came to your conclusions is rather worrisome.

IRM

Aside from ought else, it's clearly not a non-issue.
InfaRedMan, are you angry-atheist much?

Check out these links - the most vulnerable people are targeted for euthanasia whether or not they're actually willing as the second link shows.

UK case

A willing suicide? Probably not
Vicky

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 01:33 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Yes..

Im sure those emo teens will get their hands on over priced medical machines for assisted suicide instead of using some of the very cheap available methods described on the internet.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 05:37 AM
link   
seems as Jack Kevorkian
has lost his official title to this other bloat,
bet ya he is pissed.[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7b25507e65d6.jpg[/atsimg]

edit on 18-4-2011 by paradiselost333 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 05:55 AM
link   
Before I discovered that God was real nothing would have dissuaded me from supporting euthanasia. No matter what you say, because they don't accept the possibility of hell, they will continue saying that it's okay to kill oneself if the pain is unbearable. There's nothing anyone who knows the reality of hell can do to inform them of where they might be going and how it might be worse than any torture in this life.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 07:43 AM
link   
Just a note to add to the validity of this article...
A co-worker of mine mentioned she had watched a film on PBS here in North GA about the assisted suicide of an American man in Switzerland. She said it was the most moving and compelling vision of assisted suicide she had ever seen. She mentioned that it touched her very deeply.
I would believe that this is one and the same documentary.
I have no links or proof to the connection with PBS or affiliates, only word of mouth here.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 07:50 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

I think showing this to school kids is an entirely different issue as to whether euthanasia is right or wrong.

. At what point would you want your kids to learn about it? When you fall ill with a dabilitating disease and suddenly there left with the choice. I think educating Kids on Euthanasia is sensible. It will show them that there are ways do deal with death. Other than sticking a pillow over someones head because you love them so much that you dont want to see them suffer. It may also give them some comfort to know that there are humane ways to deal with this, especially if they or one of there friends has one of these diseases or conditions. Or it runs in their family.

So i personaly would'nt have a problem with this.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by 547000
Before I discovered that God was real nothing would have dissuaded me from supporting euthanasia. No matter what you say, because they don't accept the possibility of hell, they will continue saying that it's okay to kill oneself if the pain is unbearable. There's nothing anyone who knows the reality of hell can do to inform them of where they might be going and how it might be worse than any torture in this life.

If you knew what euthanasia is then you'd know that its not a person killing themselves. It people being helped to die with. Theres a big difference.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by KrypticCriminal

Originally posted by 547000

If you knew what euthanasia is then you'd know that its not a person killing themselves. It people being helped to die with. Theres a big difference.

If euthanasia is permissible, suicide when one is in great pain is permissible too. What's the grand difference between asking someone to kill you and doing it yourself?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join