It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would life go on as usual after the fall of the US empire?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Alot of people keep saying that when the US empire fall apart there will be chaos. I'm starting to disagree with that because many historical empires (not all) like the British,French, and Soviet Empires have fall and still life has keep going as usual. I'm wondering what makes people think the US' imperial collapse be so bad that the world as we know ended up crashing and burning

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by starwarsisreal

I personally do not think life would go on as usual. I am Canadian and our economies are linked very close. Sure we could continue exporting to other countries like China and India, but all the oil that comes from Canada gets refined in the USA. If the USA were to collapse, it would have a ripple effect for the whole world I would imagine. Also if the US empire collapsed a lot of the other countries currently on the sidelines would take advantage of it and I'm pretty sure it would not all be good.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by starwarsisreal

I don't think there will be total chaos, but I do believe there will be a change in the mindset of U.S citizens. Maybe the majority will broaden their knowledge about the world and not be so insular.

I appreciate not all U.S citizens are like this currently, but the number of times I have been to the states, people seem to have very llittle knowledge about the world outside of the states.

I mean once you mention you are from the U.K, one particular person seemed to imagine I knew their cousin in Scotland, even though I live about 600 miles away.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   
I would think it would and probably for the better.......Just think of about 2000 military bases removed from the planet.
Regards, Iwinder

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   
You have to be kidding me..... China's economy would collapse, I don't see a thing now days not made from China. Puppet dictators all over the world would be dethroned. Israel would fall, yes they get all their money and weapons from us, they exist because of us. Countries all over the world would finally be sovereign. The effects would be absolutely huge. Power would shift all over the world. As for empires that fell, that did cause turmoil? Rome would be a good start. After they fell we had the dark ages.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by starwarsisreal

Alot of people keep saying that when the US empire fall apart there will be chaos. I'm starting to disagree with that because many historical empires (not all) like the British,French, and Soviet Empires have fall and still life has keep going as usual. I'm wondering what makes people think the US' imperial collapse be so bad that the world as we know ended up crashing and burning

this was one of the reasons for the recent Bretton Woods II
to make the transition as smooth as possible.
I myself will not be a part of the NWO.
I will not trade in one corrupt system
for another corrupt system. And as long
as money is governed by a reserve bank
with private investors, then it is corrupt
as greed and profits is their driving factor.

All the NWO is doing is just consolidating
all control of money into one bank owned
by TPTB. This is called a worldwide monetary
monopoly.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   
The historical context may not apply in the current age. The collapse of the US would have a rather large initial affect. How many countries receive financial aid or benefit from disaster relief [not the money but the carriers and other assets sent in] Thing is the countries that would start flexing their military muscles would be a huge problem since that would throw a already bad situation into a even worse one. International trade may become more difficult till it all gets sorted out.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by XxRagingxPandaxX

Sure the dark ages did come after the fall of the Roman empire, but then the world was a much smaller place. If the U.S did crumble, then Russia or China will step in. China wouldn't fall, unfortunately they own the U.S currently. They might just ask you to remortgage Hawaii, Alaska, Florida and so on and so forth.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Oh I forgot to add what will life in the US look like after the fall of the Empire? Will people do their things as usual and travel to other countries?

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   
We are a republic,we are still here,there is a Cryptocracy running the money and trying to alter the world as they wish.They are the falling empire ,but their death will be a painful one for us all.
Americans aren't into conquering things,not so for our myopic leadership,mainly they are moved by money.I don't recall ever voting on foreign policy,but I have no doubt isolationism is equally a bad idea.
I doubt the US has had a duly elected president since they whacked Kennedy.

edit on 17-4-2011 by 7thcavtrooper because: misspelling

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Cobaltic1978

China wouldn't, China's economy would. Who else is going to buy their useless cheaply made plastic disposable junk?

Heres the meat and potatoes of what i'm saying. No life wouldn't go on as normal, our influence is every where. We control south america. We have a power influence in the middle East that would collapse. Israel would collapse. China would be in termoil. We have military basses all over Europe. Their would be huge power shifts to fill our spot. Life would not go on as normal. End of my answer.

peace out.

all the best,
Jacob

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Both Cina and India have been around for a long long time...

IMHO and aprox:

The West 400 years
The US 200 years.
China 5000 years

The bankers and the people running the show will not purposefully be where the collapse is.
unless they are bargain hunting.

I hear many have settled in Poland and South America too...
Go figure...

PS
I would guess what are often called US bases and assets world wide
have just been paid for by the peeps but..
possesion is 9 /10ths of the law they say.
who controls them is another conspiracy...
edit on 17-4-2011 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   
for the most part yes. Look at the soviet union, it's now just Russia with a lot of satellite states surrounding it. Russia is still a power, just not a super power. If the US empire collapsed, America from coast to coast will most likely stay the same, but the foreign bases will crumble. The economy will most likely crash due to having poor influence over the global market, and the EU or China will tell the US what to buy and what to sell, not like this hasn't been happening already, so I guess you can say that it will be so gradual most people won't realize it, and those who already do know the empire has already collapsed.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by XxRagingxPandaxX

I got a question can people still travel to other countries after the fall of the Empire?

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   

I got a question can people still travel to other countries after the fall of the Empire?

probably, but I would not recommend it
due to America haters. There are plenty
of those looking for an opportunity.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   

No...

Why? One Word: Globalization

Thats the System we are living in.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Someone's counting on us to pay the new taxes.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Yes, collapse of the US would make a difference world-wide.
Foreign aide would cease.
Welfare would cease.
With no more freebees immigration would cease.
There would be a flow of immigrants back to where they came from.
There would be a race war and ethnic cleansing like the world has never seen.
Likely we would have a civil war as the peons would be shapening their pitch forks and shovels.
Heads would roll. The Elites would go into hiding.
We would have Anarchy.

If only all the other countries would just let us settle it ourselves.
There would be the birth of a new nation.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

Funny enough..
any Americans that are patriot
( able to see behind the curtain..anti luciferian..))
will most likely be welcomed anywhere...
the way the awakened are accepted..
anywhere
where there are awakened to welcome them...

PS
though its probably safe to say
the americans who wouldn't let the rest of the world settle it for themselves when they should have...
may not get much understanding there.

edit on 17-4-2011 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   
I dont get what people mean by the fall of the US empire, is that meant like total doom or something? Or just a dooded up way to say that the US will be just another country?

I dont consider us an empire now, never have.. maybe its just me.
edit on 17-4-2011 by Nephalim because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join