It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where are the peace loving muslims?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Time after time we get reminded that only a small tiny % of Muslims have extremist views towards the west, and non muslims.

If this is the case, i have a question, where are the 19 million or so peace loving muslims calling out to end extremism? The Taliban, Al Queda?

After the terror attacks on 9/11 and 7/7, where were the muslim imans apologising? Nowhere to be seen..

Instead this happened.

Is it because deep down all muslims hold some hostile thoughts for non muslims in the west?
More facts:

Indonesia

In January 1999, anti-Christian violence erupted by local Muslims. "Tens of thousands died when Moslem gunmen terrorized Christians who had voted for independence in East Timor."

Sudan

In Sudan, it is estimated that over 1.5 million Christians have been killed by the Janjaweed, the Arab Muslim militia, and even suspected Islamists in northern Sudan since 1984.

Pakistan

In March 2002, five people were killed in an attack on a church in Islamabad, including an American schoolgirl and her mother.

In August 2002, masked gunmen stormed a Christian missionary school for foreigners in Islamabad, six people were killed and three injured. None of those killed were children of foreign missionaries.

In August 2002, grenades were thrown at a church in the grounds of a Christian hospital in north-west Pakistan, near Islamabad, killing three nurses.

Egypt

Hundreds of Christian Coptic girls have been kidnapped and forcibly converted to Islam, as well as being victims of rape and forced marriage to Muslim men.

On January 2, 2000, at least 21 Christians were killed by Muslims in Al Koshh in southern Egypt. Christian properties were also burned.

In April 2006, one person was killed and twelve injured in simultaneous knife attacks on three Coptic churches in Alexandria. In November 2008, several thousand Muslims attacked a Coptic church in a suburb of Cairo on the day of its inauguration, forcing 800 Coptic Christians to barricade themselves in.

Saudia Arabia

Christians are arrested and lashed in public for practicing their faith openly.Strict sharia is enforced. Muslims are forbidden to convert to another religion. If one does so and does not recant, they may be executed.

Kosovo

Kosovo

In Kosovo, since June 1999, 156 churches and monasteries have been damaged or destroyed and several priests have been killed. During the few days of the 2004 unrest in Kosovo, 35 churches and monasteries were damaged and some destroyed by Muslim mobs.

????

Am i missing something here

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 08:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Haydn_17

You wonder why some Muslims hate the west?

And yet thousands of good christian American soldiers are over there killing millions of Muslims..

Hmm, wonder why they don't like us?

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 08:12 AM
link   
If you still think muslims were behind 911 and 7/7 I feel sorry for you.

www.takeourworldback.com...

P.S. wasn't that video just found to be stock footage that had nothing to do with 911?
edit on 16-4-2011 by mayabong because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 08:18 AM
link   
No offense but I didn't hear any Muslims in that video saying anything bad about the west. All I hear is REPORTERS saying that's what they said. We all know how the news works.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack

You wonder why some Muslims hate the west?

And yet thousands of good christian American soldiers are over there killing millions of Muslims..

Hmm, wonder why they don't like us?

Look up the definition of kuffar - that is why they hate us, as you well know!

The Koran says that the kafir may be deceived, plotted against, hated, enslaved, mocked, tortured and worse. The word is usually translated as “unbeliever” but this translation is wrong. The word “unbeliever” is logically and emotionally neutral, whereas, kafir is the most abusive, prejudiced and hateful word in any language.

There are many religious names for kafirs: polytheists, idolaters, People of the Book (Christians and Jews), atheists, agnostics, and pagans. Kafir covers them all, because no matter what the religious name is, they can all be treated the same. What Mohammed said and did to polytheists can be done to any other category of kafir.

Islam devotes a great amount of energy to the kafir. Not only is the majority (64%) of the Koran devoted to the kafir, but also nearly all of the Sira (81%) deals with Mohammed’s struggle with them. The Hadith (Traditions) devotes 32% of the text to kafirs4

www.cspipublishing.com...

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by JohhnyBGood

Look up the definition of kuffar - that is why they hate us, as you well know!

Whew ..

I thought it was because we invaded their land with some lame excuse, killed millions of innocents by accident and then stole their natural resources to make money for big business..

Thanks for setting me straight..It was just a book..

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 08:37 AM
link   

weak sauce, bro. Why is it the responsibility of non-violent muslims to confront extremists? why aren't YOU doing anything about (p.s. this post doesn't count)? Like someone else said, if you still beLIEve in Al-Qaeda and this monolithic, centralized organization of muslim terrorists, I feel sorry for you.

There are no Muslim extremists, there are extremists from Muslim nations. Bush and the MSM spun their motives into this religious war, Christians Vs. Muslims, when they are actually angry with the foreign policy and business practices of the western world over the last century or so. The gov't can't tell you that, though, because then they would have to stop making all of the money off of other countries' resources.

I could make a list of all of the atrocities committed by this group or that and use it as "evidence" of that group's wrongdoing... but you could do that with any nation, ethnic group or religion on the planet. what's the point of demonizing an entire group of people (especially a billion members of the fastest growing religion on the planet) when you know that there are good and bad people everywhere?

Your intentions may be pure, but you truly do not have an accurate picture of what you're talking about. There are more reasons than religion fueling the fires raging across our planet right now. The west is just as guilty as the middle east when it comes to being bad neighbors. If China came in and made us mine our own coal, sold it, kept the profits and the leftover fuel, I'd be pissed too. That doesn't excuse extremists killing innocents, but innocent muslims are just as innocent as you and me.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

WE didn't the military did. Regardless of what the militarty did that does not make people that were not involved part of it. I condemn the killing of innocents no matter where they are from.

However from reading the posts above no believers should die anyway..?

well that is sure interesting

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 08:38 AM
link   

oh great, Johnny B Good found this thread.
2nd line is dedicated to the dedicated bigots of ATS!

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by David291

right on. our OP seems to miss how the extremists he hates so much are targeting innocents who they have lumped in with their true enemy. exactly what he is attempting to do with this thread. he wants to hold all muslims responsible for the crimes of a few. that's what the extremists want to do to us; hold us all accountable for the actions of our governments or militaries. correct me if I'm wrong, but is that not the textbook definition of a hypocrite?

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 08:41 AM
link   
In the grave yard....
Or hiding in their house from the real muslims.....

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

No dude, Johnny B Good says that all muslims practice their religion identically and accept each and every little nuance of their scripture without question. You know, just like Christians? We should really just trust the experts and learn to fear and distrust each and every muslim on this planet. You got any rope? we could get a lynch mob going if you guys want!

SARCASM.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 08:47 AM
link   
ANOTHER Muslim hate thread??? REALLY? ATS needs another Muslim hate thread??? Jesus, why didn't you post in one of the many existing ones?

Originally posted by Haydn_17
where are the 19 million or so peace loving muslims calling out to end extremism? The Taliban, Al Queda?

They're with the millions of Christians calling out to end the wars of aggression in the Middle East. Just because they're not coming up and knocking on your door doesn't mean they're not out there. What a blind, closed-minded way of thinking!

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   
There are over a billion Muslims in the world. A small minority of a few certain sects of Islam create some trouble and all of a sudden they're considered to represent the entire religion.

Here are some nice quotes which may explain what an actual Muslim thinks about terrorism, war and violence in general.

If anyone killed a person - unless it was for murder or for spreading mischief in the land - it would be as if he killed the whole people -- Qur'an 5:32

Fight in the cause of God against those who fight you, but do not transgress limits. God does not love transgressors. -- Qur'an 2:190

Abu Bakr (the First Caliph) gave these rules to an army he was sending to battle:

Do not commit treachery or deviate from the right path.

You must not mutilate dead bodies.

Neither kill a child, nor a woman, nor an aged man.

Bring no harm to the trees, nor burn them with fire, especially those which are fruitful.

Slay not any of the enemy's flock, save for your food.

You are likely to pass by people who have devoted their lives to monastic services; leave them alone

War is only allowed in Islam in defense of the persecuted and the Ummah and is only allowed if all other options have been exhausted. If an enemy asks for peace, it is the duty of a Muslim to seek peace.

One is not allowed to force others to be Muslim

"Let there be NO compulsion in religion: Truth stands out clear from Error: whoever rejects Taghut (evil) and believes in Allah hath grasped the most trust worthy hand-hold, that never breaks. And Allah heareth and knoweth all things. " (Qur'an 2:256)

Come to think about it I'd say nearly every Muslim in this country, save for a few bad apples, is pretty peaceloving like everyone else.
edit on 16-4-2011 by lifeissacred because: no reason

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Nest door to my house.
In the shop down the road from my house.
I saw some on the train last week.
There were hundreds at the Mosque the other day as I drove past.
I saw loads of cars dropping peaceful muslim kids at a muslim school too, it was next to a shopping centre that also had some muslim checkout operators, they seemed rather peaceful even though I bought ham.
I took my niece and nephew to a footy game in Sydney and the team I support has a huge muslim following, we lost badly but everyone seemed O.K., including the muslims.

I hope that helps in your quest to find peace loving muslims.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 08:55 AM
link   
I can't speak for the rest of the world, but there is a fairly large group of them who have a school and mosque half a block from my house. They are my neighbours. I find them to be peace-loving, kinda average folks, with jobs, driving mostly mini-vans -- yadda yadda ...

I am pretty sure that these are typical -- at least here in Canada. Anybody else know some peace loving Muslims?

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Muslim population Aprox 1.6 - 1.8 Billion
USA population 311 Million

Do the math, if there were no peaceful Muslims there would be no USA. I have worked with many muslims, and have friends/colleges who are Muslim, and none of them like violence, if there is any difference between them and us, it is they see the murder of so many innocents and we turn a blind eye. Over 1 million civilian deaths in Iraq, yeah I guess they really are the barbaric ones... GROW UP

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 09:31 AM
link   
the koran is not a book of peace; but is, and is also a book of wisdom. the muslims are only seeming to be at war with the west because of what the koran teaches; the west exemplifies harram. so basically the west who accepts their salvation coming from red letters, a pope, or their community acceptance by means of stating jesus christ is their lord and saviour; differs with the actual practice of holiness and cultivation of virtue by way of an edified koran.

thus the question on any reasonable persons mind; why do you expect a person you do not know to love the peace you wish to share with them in your moment of conflict. when outside of your personal conflict with their state of peace you have created conflict and nothing similar in appearance to the image you expect of they.

in other words; why would any good muslim not love the peace they have in their homes with their wives/husbands, children, community. since this last statement is a rhetorical question, any replies henceforth to it will be viewed as religious incitement, hatred,bigotry.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   
It seems like the majority of Muslims are not radical, and probably are not heavy practictioners, like more self called Christians. They go through the motions, and that's about it, they eat hot dogs and watch MTV. Which is great, because only nuts take their "religion" to an extreme to where it hurts others. But I think we get an incorrect view when we say "only a small minority" of Muslims are radical murderous extremists, because that "small minority" is in the millions, and not 25 or 50 guys. Overall it may be a "minority", but that minority is VERY large, VERY extreme, and worldwide.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by wayno
Anybody else know some peace loving Muslims?

Yes, I know a lot. I worked in the electronic industry and worked with many peace-loving Muslims. I have been to parties at their house and eaten the absolutely delicious food they prepared for me. I have swam in their pools and met their well-behaved and normal children and their pets as well.

(Bravo to all who answered this thread in this way. I feel quite foolish for flying off the handle... I apologize.)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join