It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ok, you dont think aliens built pyramids? Explain this.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2004 @ 05:40 PM
link   
I once read a book from a explorer who had the task of marking the borders from Bolivia and other countries around. Searching Google i finally found a site that talks about what i was remembering from that book.

www.spidercanyon.com...

Also, this explorer was one of the first persons not from that part of the world to taste a drink made from coca that he said it could be a success in Europe and the USA.

posted on Jul, 27 2004 @ 06:30 PM
link   
As a person who works with stone on a regular basis, I can state that there is nothing unusual about this structure aside from the fact that we don't know how they put them into place. The blocks are limestone, a very soft stone. To create the intricate patterns all one would need is some sand (nowadays you can use sandpaper) to fine tune the joints between the rocks.

posted on Jul, 27 2004 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Good point I had heard that there may have been a way of using some chemical to weaken the rock making it easy to carve or shape as well.

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Anytime I see one of these posts I think of my childhood. Growing up in miami I visited the coral castle often. When I first heard the "aliens built the pyramids" theroy I was 9 or 10 yrs old and I thought that if people did not have proof that coral castle was built by 1 man working alone they would probably blame alens for that too. While its on a much smaller scale overall, some of the larger blocks were the same size as blocks used in the great pyramid of Giza. the difference is we KNOW when coral castle was built and who built it. My point is if 1 man working alone could build the coral castle then I see no reason why an entire society could not build the pyramids.

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Biggie
As a person who works with stone on a regular basis, I can state that there is nothing unusual about this structure aside from the fact that we don't know how they put them into place. The blocks are limestone, a very soft stone. To create the intricate patterns all one would need is some sand (nowadays you can use sandpaper) to fine tune the joints between the rocks.

Also, if you look at it, the joints are not THAT exact -- and yes, we do know how they were made, because they were still making these things when Cortez and his gang arrived. The monks recorded some of it.

Incas used hard stone and bronze for their tools and earthen ramps:
www.courses.psu.edu...

Mayas used stone tools:
www.courses.psu.edu...

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Saw a doco once that showed exactly how it was done and why. Nothing but mind numbing hour upon hour of pounding and bevelling with a rock. The interlocking shapes is earthquake proofing. An indigenous stone mason showed how it was done, whilst a kooky westerner tested his ancient laser beam theory using a big polished mirror... can you guess which technique was the successful one?

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 04:40 PM
link   
This post is full of common sense and critical thinking. It's nice to see.

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd
Also, if you look at it, the joints are not THAT exact

I noticed that some of the joints that one can not "fit a blade of grass in between" actually have grass growing out of them

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Well we got Pyramids on mars to... hmm...
but thats another story. I believe they where built by humans.

infact they was built by humans why should a so adnvaced alien race begin carving like in the stone age again when we could do it?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join