It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Odd 'Launch' witnessed over So Cal 'Two Hours Prematurely'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 11:02 PM
link   
I have it on good authority (A researcher friend of mine) that some kind of launch is taking place in So Cal in under 15 minutes time - Driving home from work however she stopped the car to look as hundreds of people were gazing skyward at what appeared to be a 'Rocket Launch' - She thought maybe they had made the launch of Atlas V with its secret payload two and a half hours early. But no, the website is still showing the launch of Atlas V is going to schedule - so what went up ahead of it? It seems it left a massive contrail whatever it was...

www.spaceflightnow.com...

Any ideas or info anyone?

Oz
edit on 14-4-2011 by Ozscot because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Ozscot

It's a plane...
No need to look at the video or pics...

Anything that leaves a trail is a plane on ATS....

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   
I'm thinking Chinese lantern....

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Ozscot

Swamp gas.... Or could be those 3 street tacos I just ate

Serious note, will they have a live stream of the actual launch???
edit on 14-4-2011 by SirKnightE because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by SirKnightE

I honestly dunno - but there's less than 20 minutes to launch time according to that NASA site. Incidentally this was no ordinary 'contrail' - apparently it was massive and even stopped a football game she passed as the players all stood and watched what she can only describe as a 'rocket'.

Oz

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   
I think I found live feed 3 minute til launch

Feed

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Ozscot

All systems are reported "go" to continue with the countdown for liftoff at 9:24 p.m. tonight! /a5nroL34

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Looks like either the wrong feed, or very delayed stream

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Fairly new to this website, but have been lurking for a while. I live in los angeles and i noticed some weird orange/red object flying at a fairly high altitude in the sky. Did anyone else notice it? It ccould have been a plane but it was very very high and it seem to change colors from orange to red and didnt mantain a lighting like your usual airplanes.

It was about 5 minutes prior to the launch and it seemed to be going from west to east.
edit on 14-4-2011 by blackmetalmist because: adding info

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by blackmetalmist

YESS!!! I just saw it here in OC!
My first time witnessing a launch! Bummer, no pics though.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 11:40 PM
link   
I could easily see it from china lake in the high desert.

It looked like a large red aerial flare.

I wish they had done it a few hours earlier as ones right after sundown are spectacular from where i live with the sun lighting the contrail at high altitude.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ex_CT2
I'm thinking Chinese lantern....

I am really hoping you're being sarcastic with that one lmao

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ozscot
reply to post by SirKnightE

I honestly dunno - but there's less than 20 minutes to launch time according to that NASA site. Incidentally this was no ordinary 'contrail' - apparently it was massive and even stopped a football game she passed as the players all stood and watched what she can only describe as a 'rocket'.
Oz

No pics??

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Hey, I live in Lancaster and saw an orange light that would have what looked like a meteor tail then all would go black then come back and looked like it had an aura around it. It did this for a few min and looked like it was going west to east, but behind a black sky it could have been playing a mind trick. was really cool looking though.

edit: my phone camera sucks and nothing showed up in the pics or video.
edit on 4/15/2011 by Boston1023 because: (no reason given)

edit on 4/15/2011 by Boston1023 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Exactly what I saw but from the NE

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 08:14 AM
link   
I saw a newsflash go through the Twitter feed which said 'America declares success in most comprehensive Missile defence test ever held'

I suspect they were throwing missiles up all over the USA yesterday as part of that test and what my friend saw two hours or so before the launch was in fact part of that defence exercise.

Oz

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Boston1023

The object i saw was from the northeast as well. It wasnt the missile they launched though because i had to run to the other side of my house facing south. That i clearly saw that it faded and then came back and faded quite a few times. Im still trying to figure out what the other object i saw was

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Yeah the object I saw looked like it was moving horizontal. Don't know if it was just an illusion or not. My first impression was a meteor slowly moving across the sky but yellow.

top topics

join