It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Would a New American Revolution Look Like?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Here is my proposal. We are all hip to 12-21-2012 whether we believe in it or not, I say we celebrate the first "Global Vandalism Day" on 12-20-2012. That can be our Red Flag! Now I'm not saying tag someones fence I'm talking real vandalism. Dont pay your bills or your taxes, burn your credit cards and your car, ect. Do we have any other ideas?

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Most people do not know enough about the FIRST American revolution to have any grasp on what it will take for the second one.
To go make war, you have to be desperate. There is a paycheck there, OR, you are starving and have nothing left to lose.
Look at the American war machine. We have the troops for a revolution, but they are fighting for money...the paycheck.
We don't currently have the starving, poverty stricken people itching for revenge.
When we DO, we have revolution. More than likely, we get the "new" deal instead, like say, the Libyan rebels will get stuck with.
Fight, die. But, unless there is enough revolutionaries (don't count on it anytime soon), there will be no revolution, just some bones thrown to you to fight over.
Don't get me wrong, I am all for a big change. But it has to start in the hearts of men, and I don't see it.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Stewie

For speaking about "knowing about the First Revolution" you seem to forget the numbers.

Out of all the Americans that were in the US at the time, only a very small percentage ever took up arms. There were many Patriots and even more Loyalists who didn't take place in battle, but provided information and quarter to troops.

The revolution did not begin with all of the people involved either. The battle began with rag tag troops that made up the military at the time, and was added to by the constant gathering and urging of new troops. Do not forget that it was not the military at the time who won the American Revolution, but it was the average people, the men who fought with purpose using guerrilla warfare that ended up picking key victories that lead to victory.

The people who took part in the revolution were not starving and frail old men. They were successful farmers, lawyers, businessmen, merchants, priests, and even slaves. Overall, the way of American life was just peachy with the exception of British taxation that ran rampant, and the ever looming cage that prevented them from having true freedom from the crown. That isn't to say that some people weren't worse off for where, because I'm sure there were some - but overall, the atmosphere wasn't all that bad. In fact, it was a THRIVING time.

In the end, all that it takes is a rag tag group of people to start it off and to start recruiting every able bodied man who would like a shot at freedom. Not to be stereotypical, but you would find most willing men the same place you did back then - in the countrysides and small towns, the pubs and the taverns, the farms and the churches. The city folk aren't going to play ball. I think you could also say the same for the lawyers, as the profession has corrupted all beyond recovery.

When the smoke settles even if 10% of Americans rose up, which is 31 MILLION people, or hell, for equalities sake let us consider that 1% of the American people rose up, about 3 million people. There are 1.5 million active members of the US armed forces, and about 1.5 million reserves. If the entire military went up against the people, it would be an even battle, BUT the entire military will not go against the people. This is a given. Many of the people that are recruited WITH the people will be military, and you can bet your arse that military men are going to uphold their oath to the Constitution, any that are worth a damn that is.

So, worse case scenario, the people are going to outrank military 2:1. Yes the military might have technology on their side, BUT the people nowadays have a lot more than just hunting rifles to go around. Not to mention the fact that the military will more than likely be restrained by ROG, the people will not. This all, of course, is IF violence becomes necessary and breaks out.

So all in all, a new American Revolution is very easy to accomplish should the cards pan out correctly. There are an infinite number of laws, regulations, and pervasive taxes that threaten our freedoms once again, and if I based popular opinion on the word I hear around local truck stops from the truckers from all over - people are ready for a revolution more than anyone wants to admit.

<< 1   >>

join