It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aloha from the Valley Isle

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Hello to all,

Ive been lurking on the site since the Dugway incident, and was impressed by the rate of information coming in and being proved and disproved by members. I believe this site and its members to be better than the bull the mainstream news shows push. In response to the recent events in Japan i have joined the community to hopefully become part of the solution in getting information out one day. If your looking for an expert in some sort of related field of science or religion, I am not that guy, I have only logic and reason. I spend most of my time working construction, fishing, hunting, hiking, surfing and growing plants. I have respect for you all and keep up the good work.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by kitosoren808

Welcome, I used to live on Maui a few years back and plan on going back. Little beach rocks. Looking forward to your posts.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Aloha to you my friend, from the South side of Maui. Awesome to see someone else from Maui on here. I'm technically a haole from Cincinnati, OH. My wife and I have lived here now for five years. Glad to see you've found the site! Keep in touch!

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Welcome to the site! It's nice to see another person from Hawaii! I consider it my home as I spent from 2nd grade all the way up to 10th on Oahu, and made me who I am today. I plan on going back once I'm done with schooling where I am.

Again welcome to this very informative site!

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by DaveakaRNG

Don't ever move back to the mainland. When I came back to the mainland I was like "why the hell did I move back here from MAUI."

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by mayabong

Haha...I already learned that lesson when I did move back. It took me about six months of living in the mountains of NC to realize what a mistake I had made. If I do move back it will be to buy land and start a farm. While I would love to do that here, it's simply way too expensive and not enough land.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Thanks to everyone for the warm welcome, Ive been living on Lahaina side for 13 years, originally im from Australia so i dont have to worry about "moving back to the mainland". I hurt my ears a few years ago and cant fly so im stuck here forever, nice place to be stuck though.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaveakaRNG

Haha...I already learned that lesson when I did move back. It took me about six months of living in the mountains of NC to realize what a mistake I had made. If I do move back it will be to buy land and start a farm. While I would love to do that here, it's simply way too expensive and not enough land.

Uh well I'm in the mountains of NC right now (asheville). Are you my future self? I hope so. lol

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Asheville...that's where we were! Lived in Arden and worked in the city. I actually enjoyed it there, but living that far from the ocean just wasn't working for me.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   

you cant really start a farm here in the traditional sense, water is too expensive, not enough land. my wife and i have almost 2 acres next to a major year round stream on the northwest side with ancient taro patches(terraces) on it and we get free water rights. its enough for yourself but not a commercial farm... to get 5 or more acres some where where the land is semi flat would be outrageously priced and probably dry.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Perfect! I'm sure you live in Kihei or Wailea or something too. Maybe you are my future self. If you ever want to hang with you past self let me know.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   
if anyone still is living here in Hawaii, id advise against local milk consumption, as of yesterday the levels of radiation in milk from cows in Hilo were 6 times the maximum dosage, see link

opendata.socrata.com...

edit on 4/11/2011 by kitosoren808 because: 6 times limit not 600, sorry

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by kitosoren808

Thanks for the info! I have to assume we are getting hit with mass amounts of radiation, even though I've looked and looked and can find nothing on the subject.
edit on 11-4-2011 by DaveakaRNG because: typo

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   
the legal limit for milk is 3 pci/l, so its 6 time the limit not 600, sorry. still though

top topics

join