It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ride thru, Forget it! Help me work out why this is wrong.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Ok i work in mcdonalds, i blow up baloons, i wipe tables, its an ok job and it pays the bill. A few days ago i noticed something which got my back up ( incidentally i have googled mcdonalds criteria with regards to this subject but could find anything.). Anyway i was in the car park delivering some food to a customer who was waiting, and i noticed a group of 4 or 5 young lads on cycles ridiing up to the order machine, a minute later they cycled away, i ask them what happened, and they said that they couldnt get served because they were on cycles and not in a car. Now for starters, these guys on their bikes are doing a very green thing here, not spewing gas in to the atmosphere, this should be rewarded and recognised. Now i know Mcdonald has to set a criteria otherwise we have people wanting up to the machine whenever they wanted to or during the night when the drive thru is open. Please somebody show me how Macs justifiy this. Even a question of safety, kids riding around a car park where there are moving cars is, i believe is irrelevant, as they are allowed to leave theyre bikes in the porch to come in to order food.
Either im completely dumb and missing something obvious here, or this is really unfair.
Thoughts please?

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   
I guess i could ask one of the managers what the policy is with regards to cycles in the drive in, but i think the response i get will be a load of company speak nonsense.

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by thedoctorswife

You cannot introduce logic.

When I was 12 I ran into this at a Burger King in Southern California.

It makes no sense. For a couple of bucks in paint they could make a bike lane.

Undoubtedly the rule exists as a fear of a car hitting the bike rider.

Funny thing is that bikes have to follow the rules of the road.

Of well, crazy world all around.

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by zroth
reply to post by thedoctorswife

You cannot introduce logic.

When I was 12 I ran into this at a Burger King in Southern California.

It makes no sense. For a couple of bucks in paint they could make a bike lane.

Undoubtedly the rule exists as a fear of a car hitting the bike rider.

Funny thing is that bikes have to follow the rules of the road.
Yes but like i said, cyclists are allowed to leave theyre bikes in the porch and come in and order food. Doesnt make sense.

Of well, crazy world all around.

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   
It's actually a time thing.

Drive thru's have Average Handle Time for each customer, each car that goes through. They are tracked by big posts at either end of the drive lane. Bikes don't have enough metal or weight to set off the sensors. Now the people who own that McDonald's get bonuses for having low times, much like any where else.

The more people you service in a short period of time, the more profit.

It's all about the money at the end of the day.

~Keeper

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Actually the reason ALL fast food places do this is because it's a safety issue to have people walk or ride up to the window. The customers car forces them to distance themselves from the window so they are basically unable to jump through the window and rob the place when there are only a few employees

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower

Drive thru's have Average Handle Time for each customer, each car that goes through. They are tracked by big posts at either end of the drive lane. Bikes don't have enough metal or weight to set off the sensors. Now the people who own that McDonald's get bonuses for having low times, much like any where else.

~Keeper

Wouldn't they be racking up extra sales with no time recorded, thus improving their statistics? I seriously doubt the franchisee's, which is most of McDonald's stores, have any incentive financial incentive from corporate to have fast times.
I think it is more likely a fear of holdups, etc.

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower

~Keeper

THANKYOU. I have an answer, its still a shame though.
We really are destroying ourselves anyway we can.

top topics

join