It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Special Report: The London Protests 26th March 2011 - The TUC & The 'Black Bloc'

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Post no longer needed. Thankyou admin.
edit on 9-5-2011 by The Revenant because: Thanks admin!

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by projectvxn
reply to post by The Revenant

I have eyes to see and ears to hear my friend.

They were violent, rioting, and vandalizing business, the places where people WORK. To try to make their point..Whatever it was.

I'm not impressed by animal behavior.

While I agree with your general sentiment, I notice your claim has changed from 'small businesses' to 'where people work'.

Why is that?

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by The Revenant

Cool pics. Good job reporting.

I'm not much a fan of Black Bloc tactics, though. For one, they are too easily co-opted by the PTB, as demonstrated recently at the G20 in Canada. For another, in my experience at some major protests in N. America, the large majority of those who engage in such activities tend to be be people who are just angry. Effing Ish up is not a solution, and all it ends up doing is marginalizing the message while enriching the security contractors. All the property destroyed is protected by insurance, and the government property they have destroyed will cost the taxpayers.

I believe Bloc tactics have their place, but it is not at the forefront. It is to defend the more mainstream 'peaceful' protesters from the abuse of the police. When the Bloc goes picking fights, they lose the battle.

Personally, I think such energy would be better directed on more constructive purposes. Tearing down is easy. Building is hard.

<< 1   >>

join