It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WHO warns of post-antibiotic era

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 02:44 AM
link   
Just read this article on the ABC Australia website.
Pretty scary what they are saying.
Seems that penicillin is about to lose its effectiveness due to a gene that confers resistance antibiotics has been detected in the New Delhi water supply.

Full article :www.abc.net.au...

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 02:52 AM
link   
man, this is pretty disturbing. but doesnt antibiotics loses its effectiveness naturally?

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 02:54 AM
link   
reply to post by drsfinest72

No.

Anti-biotics loose its usefulness because they are over used.

Instead of supplementing Vitamins like C and Zinc people are prescribed drugs and eventually viruses and bacteria build up against the drugs and the drugs become useless...

It's why I rarely take those drugs cause you can get the same stuff from naturally occurring vitamins which are better then vitamin pills, but vitamin pills still work better then nothing. Then there are oils which can be mixed and have a ton of vitamins. I have one vial in the cupboard with like 10 different types of vitamins in the bottle, it comes that way, tastes horrible, but its great for you.
edit on 7-4-2011 by Quickfix because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 03:17 AM
link   
I know what this is! Big Herbal just released some kind of viral strain that destroys the power of antibiotics so they can boost their profit margins! Big Pharma will be crippled...

Oh wait, it's only a conspiracy if it's the losers having something bad happen to them. Good thing we have all those natural cures from the 1800's...

edit on 7-4-2011 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 03:18 AM
link   
I can't even remember the last time I was sick...

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 03:20 AM
link   
I can imagine it:

"Back in my day we had something called antibiotics.

It was great while it lasted but you know how things go; before long the whores and the doctors took to abusing the stuff, and shortly after that laziness and lack of restraint finally killed it off. See Timmy, that's why we have to cut off your leg, the godless whores and doctors....."

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 03:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sounds_of_Silence
I can't even remember the last time I was sick...

Age?

You can't be over thirty.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 03:26 AM
link   
This makes me curious which countries have antibiotics (and other drugs) available over-the-counter to anyone. I know that Mexico does, but the Australian source for this story surprises me.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 04:41 AM
link   
This does not sound good at all, I catch colds really easily!
I dont understand how does a gene get into water?

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 05:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Rhebefree

I have no idea.
Just posted the article as we need to hear this news.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 05:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Colbomoose

Strange... how do you think people who are allergic to penicillin survive?

Ive never had any probs, last time I was sick with a cold or flu was over five years ago or maybe even more and im from a part of the world where flu rates are high (Scotland).

Fearmongering article is all this is in my opinion.

People have to remember that all of the medicines/vaccinations that go in our bodies have been tested thouroughly but they have not been tested over a lifetime to see what the longer term effects are.

Nobody should be rushing to the doctors instantly when they are ill, let your body fight it at least for a few days because those remedies that a doctor will give you, could be causing long term damage, there are people that would disagree but nobody knows as these trials for some of the medicines have never ran long enough to tell.

edit on 7-4-2011 by XXXN3O because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 05:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Exuberant1

I'm 21, I haven't had a cold or a flu, or even a cough...

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 05:41 AM
link   
reply to post by XXXN3O

What medical background do you have?
This isn't flu, it's about infections - bacteria, not viruses - totally different organisms, if you can call a virus an organism.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 05:43 AM
link   
Well, actually it is not as bad as it seems if one has relevant informations about alternative treatments that are equally efficient or even better than antibiotics.
I have a long history of reccuring tooth abscesess which i wasn't able to cure with conventional methods untill I have discovered that hughe intakes of vitamin C can cure any inflamation within a few hours. There is no antibiotics so efficient as vitamin C if the right dose is applied.
Therefore, in my oppinion, all this allarming news are in fact positive, because they are indicating the need to evolve and to abandon all outgrown methods.
Don't panick!

I only hope that alternative informations will be available to the broader audience.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Douriff

There are better methods for managing dental health than what is offered by Western dentistry. Please read about pulling oil. It was invented by the same chappies who invented toothbrushing - the yogis. Very effective. You won't need a dental hygienist ever again.

Also consider this: swish your mouth with a fairly good quality red wine (12cl should suffice). Really swish it around well, pulling it between your teeth until it's really warm. Swallow, and continue through till the glass is empty. It takes quite a while because you only take about a tablespoonful of wine at a time, not a mouthful. Follow this with a tablespoonful of real honey, not the fake stuff that's sugar syrup and honey flavor. Then drink a glassful of water with a tablespoonful of organic cider vinegar. Swish a few mouthfuls around fully between your teeth. Follow this by brushing your teeth with baking soda and a drop of tea tree oil.

If you do these things regularly, you will have no dental problems.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   
With regards to this WHO announcement, you can be certain that they will muscle some form of power to themselves. They have total control over each and every person on the planet with regards to their health. They can dictate a country's health program, if they like. They can take action within any country in the event of a health-related event. And let's face it, what isn't ultimately health-related?

They were behind the whole swine flu event, remember? Makes you wonder if next there's not going to be something dropped into the water somewhere.

Interesting that this is announced at the same time as the SB 31 in NC, which (if you missed it) was trying to turn all alternative medicine practitioners into felons. They're taking more time now to reexamine it, fortunately, due to public outcry. Oh yes I did indeed write to the governor about it,

Ultimately, we must take responsibility for our own health and well-being. It is not a matter for the government or any other agency on earth to interfere with. We must have our sovereignty. This is non-negotiable. Be very careful when listening to these world government agencies. They've just issued a warning about what they're up to next.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   
If people are taking antibiotics whenever they get a cold then no wonder we have problems!

I've only taken them once in my life - over 30 years ago when I had an abcess under my tooth and severe toothache as a result.

Hopefully as a result my immune system remains strong. I get the odd cold, like most people, but the last time I was properly ill was when I had the 'flu in 1998.
edit on 7-4-2011 by Essan because: typo

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Essan

People can only take them when they are prescribed by medical doctors -- alternative medicine practitioners do not and cannot utilize these meds. This is the work of Western medicine and Big Pharma, and their collective greed. If you want to take care of yourself, opt out of their care forthwith! Other modalities work more gently and with greater results. Western medicine should be utilized in the event of trauma or where surgical processes are required. They should not be involved in treating illness. It's a whole other thing entirely and they do not understand it!

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 05:51 AM
link   
reply to post by CosmicEgg

Hey, thanks CosmicEgg - I'll try this

There are numerous other common things (like warts for example) that can be easily treated with natural remedies and vitamins, that people are just not aware of. I was quite amazed when talking to the pharmacist who didn't know that warts are caused by the HPV type of viruses. They are related to the lack of folic acid. Anyway, warts are easily treated with tee oil and garlic applied to the corn. With vitamin B intake the problem vanishes within 2 days.
Amazing how many vital information are concealed from the public!
edit on 9-4-2011 by Douriff because: typo

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 05:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Douriff

Haha ever hear of a natural cure for a cyst? I have had one for years that just won't go away, no matter how many times I drain it. Annoying as hell....

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join