It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Addictions..What's yours??

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2004 @ 11:01 PM
link   
I'm addicted to Steven Patrick Morrissey

posted on Aug, 8 2004 @ 12:01 AM
link   
I am addicted to diet coke. If I don't have at least two every day, I feel like somethings missing.
Also I have to have at least 4 cups of coffee every morning.
I guess I'm just a caffeine addict!
Since caffeine is'nt offensive or illegal to many people, I feel okay about my addiction. It probably isn't good for me, but oh well.

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 09:57 AM
link   
In no particular order: women, cigars, wine, and fast cars.
and just for the record, I am not a balding mid life crisis type.
I'm only 26. (oh crap, maybe I am only going to live to 52!?!)

[edit on 8/9/2004 by Gary Seven]

posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 09:15 AM
link   
mine.
coka cola.
computers.
fast food.
beatiful girls.
TOOL.
ATS.
spending money spend spend spend spend spend

posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Addictions:

My Lady
Music
Gum

I gave up caffiene about 13 months ago out of the blue. I Had my last coke the one night and just never had another. I had been addicted since I was a little kid but couldn't believe how easy it seemed to quit; also I couldn't believe how much better I felt afterwards.. However, I filled that void of always having a Coke or Dr. Pepper can to my mouth with gum... Which I chew almost every waking hour of the day now, big Red mostly, something about it's cinnamon-y taste comforts me
.. But I guess about January of this year I got really depressed and started drinking and taking painkillers together regularly, until my friend found me after I had passed out one night and told my friends and family who got me the help I needed.
I'm so glad he did, because I could be in far worse shape today or could've overdosed... And I know I just have tooooo much to live for.

I believe addictions can be devastating (like drugs), or harmless like (gum). Sometimes maybe even good, like me with music, or someone with beautiful women hehe... Although those probably count more as healthy obsessions...

So... Maybe along with addictions, anyone have any healthy obsessions they'd like to mention?

All You ATS Posters Forever Rule,
Verdis

posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 11:08 AM
link   
I don't have addictions more like cravings periodically.

posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Caffeine: I got this one pretty hard three cups of coffee and four to six cokes a day. LOL in fact it's rare to see me without a caff beverage. Jolt Cola is the best stuff on earth.

Sex: at least once a day.

A good RPG: I love a good game, they eat my life and I really don't have time for them but oh well. Right now I'm playing through Morrowind. I'm the only person I know who's played every single Final Fantasy.

Cities: I love cities, and I get really depressed if I'm stuck in the rural areas for too long. LOL my friends call it skyscraper withdrawal. I also get cranky if I'm stuck inside my place all day, I gotta get out at least once a day.

My iPod: I NEEED MY MUSIC!!! Haha, I've always got it with me, life needs a soundtrack don't you think?

Friends: I guess it's just something I've gotten used to but I am always hanging out with someone.

Well lol those are my weird addictions, I actually think I'm addicted to them too as I really couldn't picture my life without them and I'd probably have some issues dealing with it if I had to go without.

LOL, PEACE!
~Astral

posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 11:42 AM
link   
I have many "affectations." My addiction is cigarettes. No excuses, I knew the risks and I did it anyway. I kick myself for allowing this to happen, but there you are.

posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Well, I do smoke weed , but I can do it every day or I can go without it for months or quit today - I'm lucky to have that under control, b/c I know some people who don't.

I'm a little more liberal with my alcohol - cheaper and quicker - but I think it's just b/c I'm 22 and still living like I'm 21 - lol

And movies.....I can't stop buying DVDs....I'll spend half my paycheck on DVDs - good ones tho - not these cheap hollywood blockbusters - I like fellini, kubrick, woody allen, etc...

I also love to naw on toothpicks - keeps me from grinding my teeth I guess...

I have a negative sex addiction - I want it but can't get it and so it pisses me off to think about it

posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 11:59 AM
link   
I've got this addiction to smiley's.
:wo w:
: puz:

posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 12:12 PM
link   
In 1994, I used to be really addicted to a thing I liked to call "Belushi". It was a mix of heroin and coc aine. I think we all know where the name comes from, so I won't get into it. "New Jack Swing" which was heroin and morphine. "Fry Sticks" which was just Marijuana cigarettes laced with PCP, and then dipped in embalming fluid. "Tijuana Ball Buster" which was a mix of acid, cough syrup and a lot of alcohol. And finally, "Tragic Magic" which was crack dipped in PCP. I was in drug rehab for 8 months and 7 days. That "era" was the best and worst part of my life.

posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 12:14 PM
link   
My Wife, Ciggerettes and Cheap Whiskey.

posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 07:20 PM
link   
i seem to have a ripple effect of addictions.

i love the internet, always on mIRC and ultima-online.
so it's always nice to have beverages near by - coca-cola to be specific. i feel sorry for my teeth
and then snack food, which is sandwiches. nothing beats a good sandwich

the only thing that controls these, is university, and the lack of money due to being a student!

posted on Aug, 16 2004 @ 06:47 AM
link   
my addiction is marijuana

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join