It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Teens warned of risks from 'vodka tampon' use

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   
""" www.thelocal.de...

"""Police in southern Germany warned this week of a dangerous new form of alcohol abuse among teens – using tampons soaked in vodka to get drunk quickly and hide the smell. The practice poses grave health risks, they said.

The development shows a new dimension for alcohol abuse among teens..

it must be true.....
The trend arose among teens in the United States, where it is known as “slimming.” But it has reportedly caught on in Scandinavia and other places where alcohol is difficult for young people to acquire.

www.snopes.com...

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by darrman

dang,
when i was in h.s. we just drank beers and smoked SNIP like normal kids.
edit on 1-4-2011 by Crakeur because: no personal use discussion allowed

edit on 1-4-2011 by slowisfast because: oops...sorry

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by darrman

How do they even get these ideas

Anyone got a spare tampon?

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   
I'm in Germany, it's true.

They do this to avoid breathalyzers.

but

Breathalyzers measure the alcohol transfer created at the aveoli in the lungs. So this just further proves the point that our most recent "generation moron" lives up to it's name.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   
wow. And we thought we were clever with the vodka in Deer Park bottles, hidden in plain site. When I first read this I thought about that episode of Manswers that said the fastest way to get drunk was via the rectum. a tampon can get in the darnedest places. Gives new meaning to the words...rectum? Damn near killed em!

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Such a great.. and stupid idea at the same time.

I had an 'idea' a few months ago- what would happen if you inject alcohol directly into your blood using a syringe?

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by slowisfast

yeah ditto to what you said.
I think everything went downhill with the unholy merger of alcohol and energy drinks.
What ever happened to just having some beers.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   
what makes this so dangerous is that it bypasses the kidneys...natures little toxin filter so you are getting pure, unfiltered booze in your system.
edit on 1-4-2011 by irsuccubus because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Now that $#!T is wack!
That is just crazy - could just be an excuse for the police to check HS girls... Ok ok but cmon had to be said.

I can understand they are doing it to pass breath tests... but I don't see how this could be the new craze - I dont see it being done as a social thing, lets all sit round and get drunk together if ya know what i mean.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   
What happened to the good old days of hiding your alcohol in a beer can?

I would guess that this is alot more damaging to the body than just drinking it. Im sure there will be infections "down there" in some of these people.

I also have to wonder why people are doing it in Germany? Isnt alcohol pretty well available over there?

edit on 1-4-2011 by buni11687 because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-4-2011 by buni11687 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by irsuccubus

No not to be a physiology nerd but once it is in the blood it can get to the kidneys.
Normally alcohol is absorbed in the membrane of the stomach and small intestine.
Alcohol must be metabolically broken down I believe in the liver.

edit on 1-4-2011 by ELahrairah because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by byteshertz

"excuse me young lady...could you please submit that tampon for a sniff test. Its a matter of national security"

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by ELahrairah

yeah i hear that.
the simple life of being 18 and drinking beers in my buddy's basement.
i guess nowadays they sit around in basements shoving tampons up their own asses.
i'm glad i'm not a teen these days...i'd be a proper moron.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   
I remember seeing something on Attack of the Show and/or daily show/colbert report about pouring liquor in the eye. wiki calls it vodka eyeballing and I wish it was a joke, it makes me cringe to see the youtube videos of it.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Okay who's going to try it and let us know if it works?

I would but I don't have any Vodka.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by ELahrairah
reply to post by irsuccubus

No not to be a physiology nerd but once it is in the blood it can get to the kidneys.
Normally alcohol is absorbed in the membrane of the stomach and small intestine.
Alcohol must be metabolically broken down I believe in the liver.

edit on 1-4-2011 by ELahrairah because: (no reason given)

Quite right. The point if your kidneys is to filter the toxins and excess water, etc. from your blood and excrete the as waste. Alcohol is absorbed through the stomach and small intestine. Injecting it directly into your blood is daft firstly because you're overloading your system and secondly because unless you are injecting pure ethanol, you will be also introducing compounds into your blood that might not otherwise diffuse into your blood or that would be broken down in the stomach/small intestine into more benign byproducts. All in all, a very dangerous game to play.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

hahaa...vaginalyzers..."spread your legs ma'am..now please queef"

yeah morons who don't understand the physiologic processes involved in getting drunk.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by ReadyPower
Such a great.. and stupid idea at the same time.

I had an 'idea' a few months ago- what would happen if you inject alcohol directly into your blood using a syringe?

You would die. Without metabolization it would travel to your heart and dust you.

Natural selection is a b&*ch

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by slowisfast

I thought most other teens where morons when I was a teen I don't imagine things have improved over the years.
I guess having fresh masses of idiots makes for a great consumer class.
I know very few people in my age group that have read more then one book in ten years.
I imagine that it is much worse in this crop of teens.
I'm not trying to sound like some old man complaining about the younger generation I have just noticed that regardless of what generation or year it is there are always groups of people easily swayed by mass opinion and group think and that is what I guess disturbs me the most about humanity is its capacity not for evil but just for negligent ignorance and inability to learn from past mistakes.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by doyouremember

Not to go off topic but "The Vaganalizers" sounds like a great name for a band.

<<   2  3 >>

join