It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SOUTH KOREA buries alive three million pigs: Screams of terror & pain

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 09:02 AM
link   
“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated” - Mahatma Gandhi

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Honestly, I think all that animal abuse on a large scale built up an animal soul energy like the energy from haunted houses to such great extent that it just may have caused that major earthquake in Japan.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   
You can never convince me that those animals didnt know exactly what was going down.There has to be a better way than that. Even gassing or whatever but not just trenching them in.
I think if we respected the animals in the first place enough to establish sane breeding and raiseing parameters etc, there would be far less of this type of outbreak.We crowd then into spaces that would have humans eating each other or tearing each other apart.Its no surprise these outbreaks spread like wildfire.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5
reply to post by OldCorp

A million pigs went in to that pit ALIVE on top of eachother.......and thats humane?

Have you gone mad?

A bullet to the head or lethal injection would had been far more humane before burying them.

I didn't say it was humane, just necessary. These animals were a disease vector that had to be eradicated as quickly as possible to prevent MORE animals from becoming infected. Again, the time question comes to mind, not to mention logistics: where are pig farmers going to get millions of bullets, how long will it take for a dozen farmers to shoot a million pigs?

You aren't thinking of the big picture, which was to stop an epidemic that could have infected tens of millions of more animals.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   
As a species we are f**king asking for it!

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by CanadianDream420

Yeah, pretty sickening isn't it?

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Exactly. THAT is the point

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Big Raging Loner
As a species we are f**king asking for it!

I couldn't agree more.

If there are Aliens watching us and considering whether or not to make contact what would they say about this?

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   
The horror, The horror.
We humans really are a despicable bunch, for the most part.
Anyone who has ever had pigs will tell you how sensitive and intelligent they are.
To do this to any animal shows a contempt for life and it is but a small step
from people doing this to animals to peope doing this to people.
Some of the comments here are heartless and shameful.
I am beginning to think that we will deserve what we will get.
Down with all dealers in death.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

We are talking about South Korea here.......not exactly a 3rd world country but a progressive and modern one with great wealth. Where would they had got a millions of bullets? Military and/or Police!

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by WillNiendick

Wow, I think you just demonstrated your hatred for the U.S.

Do the rest of the world not put their own snouts in the trough? Sure they may be the largest consumers in the world, but most western countries have followed this trend.

To totally blame the U.S on this is ridiculous imo.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by austingoeshard

Wow what a horrible thing to do, poor piggies.

I would expect this out of North Korea but south... damn

This is a country that eats dogs remember. That they would do something like this is not that unbelievable.

It's disgusting, No animal deserves being treated like this.
edit on 29-3-2011 by MrHappyman989 because: Didn't look right, added a bit more.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   
I'm vegetarian here, but even putting my bias aside, that's no way to treat other living beings.

Three million animals, and a common disease between them. Is there no compulsion to see this as a call to find a working cure for hoof and mouth disease, and to save the lives of the creatures suffering? The first-world meat industry is unprincipled, unscrupulous, and savage in the face of misfortunes which affect their livestock. It's a shame anyone supports them. I'd also say that the gm foods they're fed, and hormone injections they receive, are sadistic, but no less a punishment than humans deserve for their Colossal and determined negligence so far as compassion towards animals go. Are cats and dogs behaviour not enough to teach us that they deserve it?

I can't help it, but I see red every time I hear about factory conditions or situations like this. Why lend it your support?

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrHappyman989This is a country that eats dogs remember. That they would do something like this is not that unbelievable.

Actually, having done a tour in S Korea about 10 years ago eating dog is not very common among the people.

It is against the local laws in Soeul and many of the larger cities but in the outlying rural villigaes if it is practiced at all it would be primarilly by the older genration say 60+.

Certainly people do it but it is hardly a popular custom.
edit on 29/3/2011 by Golf66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Alright Slayer sorry for late reply! I agree if there are, and I really hope there is, aliens watching over this planet they must be considering giving us a swerve, and taking the next left to Gilese 581g!

Maybe they will consider intervention on humanitarian grounds?

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   
If aliens came here, the best thing they could do is spray for humans and exterminate them all, wait 10,000 years, come back and start all over. This is ultimatly all in the quest for the almighty buck. Overcrouding, inhumane conditions and poor care makes this 'crop' suseptable to these deseases.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by pshea38

I'm in agreement with you...... criminal

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by OldCorpI Again, the time question comes to mind, not to mention logistics: where are pig farmers going to get millions of bullets, how long will it take for a dozen farmers to shoot a million pigs?

A pneumatic stun gun like those used in a slaughter house do not use bullets it forces a rod into the brain through air pressure and other than the tank of compressed air required or a compressor (which is usual farm equipment here at least) the time would be the only issue.

As for separation the herd was killed entirely so taking the half day or so to run them through a kill chute would have not been all that complicated of a choice.

S. Korea is not the third world if they had 3 million hogs on hand it was a large and prosperous operation - I take it their decision was largely motivated by the laziness of the foreman rather than any financial incentive.

The herds are insured much like mine are against a major outbreak that would require their slaughter. Likely they made more money than the hogs would be worth at market from the payout.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   
The World Organisation for animal health website is here,

www.oie.int...

I'm sure they have guidelines for humane disposals. There are also rolling updates on world disease outbreaks. I don't think the methods used in this case would meet this organisation's approval. The meat grinder for unwanted chicks is pretty disgusting too. All animals know fear, even "dumb" animals, it's a pity that some of the more pragmatic posts here don't acknowledge that.

Killing of animals for
disease control purposes.

6.When animals are killed for disease control purposes, methods used should result in immediate death or immediate loss of consciousness lasting until death; when loss of consciousness is not immediate, induction of unconsciousness should be non-aversive or the least aversive possible and should not cause avoidable anxiety, pain, distress or suffering in animals.

edit on 29-3-2011 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   

South Korea should now be fearful of the wrath of BACONMAN!!!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/2e873da7db1c.jpg[/atsimg]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join