It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hispanic population exceeds 50 million, firmly nation's No. 2 group

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 02:37 AM
link   

The growing Hispanic population in the United States has reached a new milestone, topping 50 million, or 16.3% of the nation, officially solidifying its position as the country's second-largest group, U.S. Census Bureau officials said Thursday.

LINK

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 02:49 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 02:51 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 02:51 AM
link   
Hmm, 15 years ago, someone told me the hispanic population would reach this level.
I laughed.
15 years later you post this.
I laughed

I still don't see the problem.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 02:53 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 02:53 AM
link   
reply to post by CaptSplatter

im not racist so dont paint me with that brush, but what i see with that is bull#,its like a bunch of people jumping off a sinking ship onto another ship thats sinking already making it sink faster as were trying to desperately patch the holes while they add more weight making it impossible to fix our own when they could have fixed theirs, and i dont wanna hear the thing about they dont take all the jobs only the ones americans dont want,no,they take the jobs americans used to do,they take most of the entry level jobs,and labor jobs,stole the landscaping market, and i dont blame em, i think america allowed it to happen because of the thirst for profit and low wages,but i think they should fix their boat before jumping onto ours thats already sinking,they know it and i feel we dont owe them a damn thing,we need to fix our problems before we help anyone else, its true what norton said on american history x about give us you tired your hungry and poor,its americans who are tired hungry and poor

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 03:12 AM
link   
I believe I have a way to fix this immigration problem we are currently facing. I know it's not perfect but it's a start.

Ok here we go.

Step one: All illegal aliens currently residing in the US will be grand fathered into becoming US citizens provided they pass full and extensive back ground checks from their Country of origin. Also they must go through and pass the naturalization process and learn English and speak it as their primary language.

Step two: All people wishing to enter the country must pass the same processes as step one as well as be employed by American owned companies making American made products. These companies will provide housing, medical, and a reduced pay rate to these immigrants(well below min wage). These people will have to work a min of 5 years for these companies and after that time they can become full wage earning citizens and can work any job of their choice. These companies that provide work for immigrants will receive tax breaks for employing these people. This will kill two birds with one stone making them work for the Country they want to become a part of as well as stop our reliance on Countries like China for cheap goods.

Step three: Any boarder hopping sneaky bastard that wants to try and circumvent this process will be shot dead and the boarder and left to rot. This will be an example to all the criminals that, hey we are willing to let you in as long as you meet our requirements but if you cant handle that we will lay you down and let God sort it out.

PS I'm Hispanic.....
edit on 25-3-2011 by CaptSplatter because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-3-2011 by CaptSplatter because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 04:13 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 04:18 AM
link   
wonder how many arent reported.... humans are mammals, successful mammals are territorial, ignoring this will lead to our death.

really sucks for the culture wars in america. if you have to leave your land you should leave the culture behind and try to assimilate instead of calling everyone around you intolerant and racist for not wanting to switch culture.
edit on 25-3-2011 by gougitousakusha because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 04:18 AM
link   

top topics

join