It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What does this question possibly indicate (This one's about Libya)?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Whereweheaded
reply to post by AgentOfTheSwollenEyeball

I tend to disagree, in the sense that if the interventionists would remove themselves from the day to day lives of its citizenry, not to mention the Free market, and allow the Free Market, and the ability of the people to make the choices for themselves, the system would ultimately right itself. Case in point, the end of the Great Depression. Many would think WW2 is what brought us out of the depression, but thats not true, it was a catalyst.
After the failings of the FDR, both " New Deals" were a failure at best. Not to mention Unconstitutional.

Prohibition and how it supported and developed the black markets may have and something to do with lifting America out of the Great Depression.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   
It’s alarming. First the dollar. I think they will tank it on purpose when they get hostilities get real with China. We may not have the most oil in the world but we do have the world’s largest gold reserve. So a currency based on gold makes more sense if you wanted to reboot the world economy in our favor. Second it means the average worker will be working for pennies on a now extinct US dollar. Fulfilling the need for a slave class to serve the government and elite, present in any empire.

Further more, good luck collecting on our debt based on a currency that resides with the dinosaurs. If it’s known ahead of time the changeover can be planned for those desired effects. And with only the now wealthy having the luxury of buying gold, it keeps their status as well. It would also explain why the government will continue to spend with reckless abandonment. To buy what support and assets they can, after all it’s all going to be useless paper shortly anyway.

Why is it “inverted” totalitarianism? Isn’t it straight out totalitarianism when the government wants involvement in every facet of our lives? The schedule is off because before it was believed it would be a few more decades until peak oil. That has been revised now and peak oil is past. Oil is running out and everyone will want to grab what they can.

The thing that makes me wonder is the survivalists. Hey don’t get me wrong their heart is in it, but the president has a force of 20,000 troops of regular army at the ready for domestic deployment and doesn’t need a peep from congress to deploy it. So a regular army force of 20,000 against what a few hundred folks? Not good odds. The force I’m speaking of is also trained with non-lethal equipment and tactics, so there isn’t the guilt associated with attacking their fellow citizens. It’s only a matter of time before someone of high legitimate military authority, marches a few hundred into congress and fires our representatives. Where was I?

Oh yeah, we’re screwed.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by JakesterL
The thing that makes me wonder is the survivalists. Hey don’t get me wrong their heart is in it, but the president has a force of 20,000 troops of regular army at the ready for domestic deployment and doesn’t need a peep from congress to deploy it. So a regular army force of 20,000 against what a few hundred folks? Not good odds. The force I’m speaking of is also trained with non-lethal equipment and tactics, so there isn’t the guilt associated with attacking their fellow citizens. It’s only a matter of time before someone of high legitimate military authority, marches a few hundred into congress and fires our representatives. Where was I?

Oh yeah, we’re screwed.

I am fairly certain that is what our founding fathers and the colonials thought when facing King George III and the might of the British Empire. Only a fool would say they are not afraid when facing a force such as that, but if the day comes there are only two choices: fight or flight. If you flee you will get captured eventually and you are screwed. If you fight you could die in combat and are still screwed. The choice is how you choose to go feet or knees. For me it is on my feet for those I love. Make no mistake I loved your post but wanted to offer a different point of view.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 01:31 AM
link   
reply to post by DrCarter

No problem and I admire your tenacity.

I just think our fear ridden society has had enough leashes put on our liberties, to make the idea of armed rebellion impractical.

They have multiple ways of tracking and eavesdropping on us, travel has been restricted, the TSA has funded research into a mobile version of the X-ray for pedestrian and traffic use, social gathering discouraged as the luxury of the nut and are right now building a culture of compliance, where search without probable cause is entirely acceptable. Oh and Janet Napolitano wants every Walmart shopper to report their suspicious neighbor. Because hey you never know: “Clean up in aisle five!”

If you can stay in the field indefinitely, perhaps.

edit on 3/24/2011 by JakesterL because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by JakesterL

LOL yeah it sucks doesn't it. I take my battery out of my phone and I am careful to avoid key words when talking about the subject, just in case.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   
I apologize for a fastidious response here as I don't have much time to explain certain things to the posters, though I will try to answer questions when I return. First, someone asked about the legitimacy behind the individual's unit: I don't personally know, but I will find out. He told me that, unfortunately, it's hush-hush. If things really weren't hush-hush, you would hear more in several stories about the future invasions of countries.

There was a video posted by a user that I'm surprised people overlooked or just didn't seem to watch due to general apathy, but there you go. Mainstream media stories, independent soldier-side leaking, and just general retirees with their own personal agenda (Wesley Clark is NO different, and I think it's key people are more critical of this point instead of worrying about the other issues I raised; he may be disinformation agent himself due to his standing with the army, but read up on his bio and go by your own personal judgment about his wording and story of our future invasions) have predominantly exposed this very bare truth.

This leads me to explain that two - you can't get definite or credible sources, because no matter how legitimately the source is accepted - few, some, or many important factors are dependent on the judgment on the sources themselves. Reference credibility seems to be a major problem in the conspiracy theorist circle, which is, for the most part, sort of incidental since conspiracy theories are just hypothetical in every sense of questionable though and effort.

Third: this source I have talked to has told me that he is to head to Iran. He said he was not able to answer the exact date, because look at the reason for invading Libya; he left on 2-weeks notice instead of four months. I am still under the assumption the collapse of the dollar has been offset too soon, which may likely indicate invasion of any country on Wesley Clark's list requires tremendous exploration of the factors and incentives. Reference crosschecking in situations like this are important and I like the critical feedback the users here are making instead of the atypical "OH MY GOD ILLUMINATI SCUM" approach (but we personally like saying that, right? I do, anyway, lol).

Fourth; someone did correct me about the USD's fiat currency workings and I thought I had that one right. Still, my judgment is that the USD does rely on war; it's hard to gauge the factor that decides this ultimately. Production of weapons, especially here in Maine (in Bath Iron Works) means we overproduce weapons for a standing army that already has a giant array of weapons. Higher technological advances make our tanks, frigates/air carriers, and guns generally more expensive. Production cost raises along with the flow of money - it would make more sense that we have surplus of profit in the country, because production is raising dramatically for a static market.

From this static market, you have the poor that get involved with the military. When they get suckered into actually joining the army (an unfortunate and almost undesirable instance when you're hungry), major problems occur here, along with general corruption. The idea that our poor join the army isn't anything new, because look at other countries (typically opponents, non-humanitarians with their own special interests). We do hide this hidden level of poverty, and as such does not qualify our country as TOTALITARIANISM; the point is just simply that they are instilling control through fear and deception, but we do it with high level of deceit (like the understanding of how our fiat currency is able to stay afloat mysteriously).

This basic level of shadow contracting is shadow government and qualifies us as an INVERTED totalitarianism, because the sense of the word isn't simply that we are the reverse meaning of totalitarianism. It's the same picture, just rotated so that the picture looks pretty and some may even view it as a work of art when it simply was never designed in that way and it only looks this way because the ideal government heads this way.

Remember: govern means "control," ment (or mente, in this case) means "mind."

If people are personally interested in this particular soldier's source and operative unit, I will try to explore this option. Until then, finding out the truth will be extremely difficult to close to completely impossible, but I personally have the judgment that what I've discussed have some points that need to be explored, and probably investigated or corrected. I've been doing independent research for awhile and I've only talked about the military and the USD. That just doesn't even scrape the surface of our 'ideal' government that hides under democracy but really is appreciative of the title totalitarianism.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   
I don't mean to double post, but what does applause mean? I got one for this thread, lol.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by AgentOfTheSwollenEyeball

I don't know, maybe an admin took notice?

I don’t think your post was fastidious in any manner whatsoever. Good post and thank you, got it. My natural assumption was inverted would mean reverse. Just the same I appreciate your explanation and it made perfect sense, to which I would have to agree.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by DrCarter

im gonna have to agree with jesse ventura here. his example of the 2nd amendment and why not to fear the govt. like he said, we threw everything at vietnam, who where only farmers with ak-47's and they held us off. why do the people of this country feel we would be any different?

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by letscit

Well I think they would probably just let small factions languish in isolation, while they regrouped and projected control from central bases. You’re not going to be shooting your neighbors out of protest right? So unless you had an invasion plan for D.C. there would be no reason to seek out trouble, until after they were ready. Everyone isn’t going to go hog wild, as soon as the switch is flipped. In the isolated areas there will be a breakdown of civil services and I imagine most trade will default to bartering. Most cities will fall under martial law for a time.

When they do come to collect the guns it will be during a communications blackout right before the crash and when you are isolated. You alone, against ten agents. Maybe you’re getting out of your car at the store, or at work when they arrive unannounced asking for your firearms. I don’t know what civilization will look like in the US at that point. I’m sure some folks will fight the good fight, but the odds will be heavily stacked in their favor before they even think of acting. So in most cases, it would just be suicide. If they can’t get to you, there is always your family members. Who in helping in your subversion, would be liable under penalty of the law.

When they are ready to regain control over an area we will probably see the IRS leading the charge, with a mountain of papers under their arms and the charge of back taxes due. They will most certainly send in the suits, before they send the soldiers. Offering some small carrot to the communities and a really big stick towards individuals. Sorry about the offtopicness. I will cease from this point on, just got side tracked. Although to the point of the crashing dollar, hyperinflation is scary stuff and not too commonly discussed.

edit on 3/24/2011 by JakesterL because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join