It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canadian fighters abandon planned attack on Libyan airfield..

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by bobs_uruncle

"Second, Canada is NOT A COUNTRY, it still a british colony, go look it up, we never divorced the biatch. Why do you think we can't get a seat on the UN Security Council if were so bloody altruistic, wise and noble? Educate yourself! "

Do not spread disinformation like this. Google "British North American Act", then google "Canada Constitution" and finish it up with the "Lake Meech Accord"

Being a part of the commonwealth does not makes us a colony. If so there are 50 some odd country-colonies out there, including Australia, India, NZ....

As far as not having the seat on the UN Security Council, it was due to Harper's biases towards Israel, and the fact the europeans wanted a EU country on the council NOT because Canada is not a country.

Canada is far from perfect, but I am proud to be Canadian. I am proud to be apart of the Commonwealth and I am proud of our people for following their morals and not their orders.

edit on 23-3-2011 by minettejo because: quote

edit on 23-3-2011 by minettejo because: typo

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Awesome, so it says both days, they decided not to bomb because of risk of killing innocents. Good for them, makes me proud to see some human beings flying some of those weapons.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   
When we killed innocent Iraqi's we only had to pay their families $2,000.

What's the fee for killing an innocent Libyan? $49.95?

Canadian's....what are they afraid of? It's not like Libya could even fight Canada. Canada all by itself could beat Libya. Canada has 10,000 more military members than Libya has.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by NNEECE

we can all see where being the BIG TOUGH GUY has gotten you.

China is soon to take over as the world superpower, you guys have given away your entire economy to fund these wars. and it got you nowhere

congrats

GummB

TKDRL- I think thats what they meant by "risk" as well, they weren't as afraid of getting killed as they were killing civilians. We have seen it done the other way and it wasn't cool. IMO

edit on 23-3-2011 by GummB because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by minettejo

I'd say Canada is far from just a "British Colony" at this point. Calling it a Country is far from dis-info... I don't want to get into this but I think any true Canadian can call this our country and home, not Europe. We do celebrate Canada day, not Schuman Day plus what are we, 2nd biggest land mass in the world??

I think we can say "Country" but if you prefer "Colony" be my guest

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by GummB

I'd say Canada is far from just a "British Colony" at this point. Calling it a Country is far from dis-info... I don't want to get into this but I think any true Canadian can call this our country and home, not Europe. We do celebrate Canada day, not Schuman Day plus what are we, 2nd biggest land mass in the world??

I think we can say "Country" but if you prefer "Colony" be my guest

I hope you didnt really intend to direct that to me......On the same side as you here

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Pervius

Is that all people are to you? Statistics and an arbitrary price tag?

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Who is the head of state of the US? The president right.

Who is the head of state of Canada? It sure as hell isn't the prime minister (means second in command). It's the ruling monarch of England and guess what? It has it's viceroy (governor general) here who can dissolve parliament, sell land, enforce conscription, etc etc.

So stop talking crap. BTW, the 1947 Letters Patent issued by King George, long after the useless BNA, established the monarch's viceroy (governor general) as the controller of this colony on behalf of the monarch. Do the research!

Cheers - Dave

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   
americans too cowardly to keep the oath they gave regarding obeying lawful orders
and enemies forgeign and domestic
putting canadians down for doing the right thing
the friendly fire never wins beaking off again
oh poo
edit on 23-3-2011 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   
The only way to lead by example is to show a path to a better world .. Thanks for the post its always nice to see some follow the rules.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Queen Elizabeth rules as Queen of Canada, a title and crown distinct from the crown of Great Britain and all other commonwealth realms. Canada and the UK are legally distinct entities currently reigned over in personal union by the Queen.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by SmedleyBurlap

Queen Elizabeth rules as Queen of Canada, a title and crown distinct from the crown of Great Britain and all other commonwealth realms. Canada and the UK are legally distinct entities currently reigned over in personal union by the Queen.

LOL, you are funny, I give you that. I just did my taxes and wrote my cheque out to the Receiver General of CANADA, not HRH Queen Elizabeth II. My passport says Canada on it too.....oh, and I need to use it to get into (by your theory) the mother country.

Canada is a nation sir, a fine one, with fine soldiers. Lets give them their due and not insult their country.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join