It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Daniel Ellsberg arrested at Wikileaks/Bradley Manning Protest

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/fa759eada10f.jpg[/atsimg]

Hundreds of people joined a rally outside Quantico, chanting "Free Bradley Manning" and holding banners that read "Caution: Whistleblower Torture Zone". Scuffles broke out when riot police tried to move demonstrators away from an intersection at the base entrance. One of the 35 people arrested was Daniel Ellsberg, a Manning supporter who leaked the so-called Pentagon Papers about the Vietnam War in 1971. The 79-year-old gave a speech at the rally and was quoted as saying: "I want Bradley Manning's courage to be contagious." A report on the Bradley Manning Support Network website said protesters had tried to march to the Iwo Jima memorial to lay a wreath, but military officers stopped them.

Sky News

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Wow! What was he arrested for exactly? He did not commit any crime, and as I once last checked we had the right to protest. This event should send a powerful message to all truth seekers; the fact that a man who exposed corruption is treated as such, and even in the event of a peaceful protest. How much more will we have to do to stop an oppressive government?

I thought we had these so called "freedoms" and "liberties," but it seems more like THEIR freedom and liberty to exploit others for individual gain.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   
As far as freedom is concerned we have dropped down to almost a third world dictatorship status. This is pitiful as long ago we were No.1....

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Caji316

He probably didn't apply for a protest permit lol. Geez who comes up with ordinances like that permit for a protest? Its kinda weird that you would have to apply for a permit from the gov't to protest the gov't.
edit on 21-3-2011 by agentblue because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-3-2011 by agentblue because: (no reason given)

top topics

join