It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lie to my face N.A.S.A.... I want you to.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Why doesn't N.A.S.A just lie to us...? It would be for the greater good, imagine how many more people would be interested in the Universe if N.A.S.A would just say "We found E.T!" or they could fake a message from an E.T civilization as in the movie Contact (Jodie Foster lied! I watched the movie and she never went to Vega.
). Seriously though, they would have so much more to their budget, imagine how faster we would progress in space and technology if we switched are 600 billion dollar defense budget (thats not even including the hidden military black-dark-evil-secret-shadow budget) to N.A.S.A's 7 billion dollar budget.
On the other hand, they could be hiding that information from us now... (now now Zachary, don't talk like that or they'll take you away again)

P.S
yes I do know there are flaws to my question, so when you write your reply...know that I am not an idiot.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by zptramel

It's a nice idea. Unfortunately I feel the conversation may go a bit like.

NASA "We found alien life"
Politicains: "Well done"
NASA "So can we have some more money?"
Politicians "Are you crazy? we have just assigned all your budget to building space guns to protect us from the alien terror threat"
NASA

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 11:30 PM
link   

I hate to break it to you, but NASA already lies to us

edit on 20-3-2011 by meathed because: My computer is crap

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by davespanners

haha. yeah... thats the sad truth. Only a handful of people really understand how important it is to understand the Universe, both logically and emotionally. I mean, once you REALLY understand that we and the planet itself came from a supernova... thats when you truly understand what the purpose of being human is. Hopefully E.T's will contact us once we all understand that, but until then we are alone.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 11:34 PM
link   

i don't know what you mean... but
your entitled to believe it

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by davespanners

Politicians "Are you crazy? we have just assigned all your budget to building space guns to protect us from the alien terror threat"
NASA

i like this dave spanners fellow, he has a lot of spot on stuff to say around ATS.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by davespanners

NASA

Very true... And then the people of the world would remain like this

Spot on, buddy!

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by meathed

Sometimes I wonder... do you know any evidence that I could research? I know about Gordon Cooper admiting things, which makes me more inclined to believe that there is something going on, but you just dont know who you can trust these days! Specialy those men in ice cream trucks...

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 11:54 PM
link   

"Why doesn't N.A.S.A just lie to us...?"

When don't they lie?

NASA is just there to cover up the truth.. "The white face of the black world".. If they are still around in 100 years, they will still be using rockets...

Please NASA, give us one satellite in orbit with a HD color camera, running 24-7 pointed at earth, with an uninterrupted live feed. I just dare you..

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Freezer

Second that

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 12:02 AM
link   
NASA cannot lie to us for the same reason that politicians cannot.
They take a solemn oath which they simply cannot break.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by zptramel

Originally posted by meathed

Sometimes I wonder... do you know any evidence that I could research? I know about Gordon Cooper admiting things, which makes me more inclined to believe that there is something going on, but you just dont know who you can trust these days! Specialy those men in ice cream trucks...

You can spend days and days reading ATS back threads. I spent 8 hours on one yesterday in fact. But no matter what, I can say conclusively, with all the information you take in your will be more confused at the end than you are now.

It is by design.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 12:11 AM
link   

You can find a few clues here: Shades of Grey.

Good luck in your search.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Reply to Zptramel
quote from Zptramel.
Sometimes I wonder... do you know any evidence that I could research? I know about Gordon Cooper admiting things, which makes me more inclined to believe that there is something going on, but you just dont know who you can trust these days! Specialy those men in ice cream trucks... quote

MMM Icecream.
You can always trust a man in an icecream truck especially if they have lollies for you

About research i have no idea. I usually just google away or wait for some smart person to start a thread on something interesting thats related.
Also i like to shop around at second hand book stores you'll be amazed with what you might find.
I'll try digging out some of my books for reference for you.
Peace

edit on 21-3-2011 by meathed because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-3-2011 by meathed because: My computer is crap

edit on 21-3-2011 by meathed because: My computer is crap

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 12:21 AM
link   
The Answer quite simple... Because they would not be lying....

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 02:20 AM
link   
just wanted to let you all know that i appreciate each and everyone of you! this is why i love ats... no schmucks!

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 02:29 AM
link   

Sometimes I wonder... do you know any evidence that I could research? I know about Gordon Cooper admiting things, which makes me more inclined to believe that there is something going on, but you just dont know who you can trust these days!
Here's something that you can research about Gordon Cooper's claims:

www.cohenufo.org... Check out the related links also.

I've never seen documented evidence of NASA lying about the space program or aliens, but I'm suspicious about the global warming data:

NASA sued over lies of Climate Gate

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 02:34 AM
link   

just wanted to let you all know that i appreciate each and everyone of you! this is why i love ats... no schmucks!

There are plenty on this site. Just remember to keep and open mind, but not so open that just anyone can jump inside.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 03:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by boncho

There are plenty on this site. Just remember to keep and open mind, but not so open that just anyone can jump inside.

oh yes yes, i know! some people on here.... ats syndrome at its finest! its like a virus, if you read to much into something you could catch it. thats why i stay on the science forum...

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 07:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Freezer

Please NASA, give us one satellite in orbit with a HD color camera, running 24-7 pointed at earth, with an uninterrupted live feed. I just dare you..

Just what would that prove? You would see clouds, land and water moving by.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join