It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If homosexuals were accepted like heterosexuals, there would be less violence in the world

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Hello, this thread isn't meant to offend anyone, if it does offend you please stop reading it.

Growing up, I had a lot of "step dads" (I'm 17 now) and most of them were really abusive towards my mom and I've always wondered why that was, so I looked on the InterWebs and I found some answers and I was satisfied with those answers. But recently, I saw my one of my moms exes (I'll call him Tom, 'cause his name is Tom) at five guys and to my surprise he was with a man
At first I thought they were just friends, but I soon realised that he was gay! So as I ate my burger and my fries, I came to this conclusion:

The world would be a much better place if homosexuals would just be gay and stop trying to change/hide who they are. Just think about it, if someone hates gay people they are most likely gay (studies have shown this), just like Tom. He claimed that he hated gay people, he called them names and he made it seem like he hates gays with a passion so he was the last person that I thought would be gay, but now I see that his gay hate was just a cover to hide his homosexuality!

Which means that heterosexuals need to stop the hate/dislike, whatever you want to call it, or more wars will be started, more unnecessary deaths, all because Obama (and a lot of other world leaders) are not comfortable with their sexuality.

And this just isn't for gay people it's for any one that suppresses something about them that they do not like, it's not healthy, suppressing who you are will make you evil, so don't do it.

Thoughts?

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Statistically 85-90% of violent crime is committed by ghetto trash. I don't see how gay's have anything to do with it.

Deebo

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   
If someone hates gays that makes them gay? I hate the cold and snow but that doesn't make me Old Man Winter. And to say that heterosexuals are to blame for all the worlds problems is just ridiculous.
edit on 19-3-2011 by IamAbeliever because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockdisjoint
... more wars will be started, more unnecessary deaths, all because Obama (and a lot of other world leaders) are not comfortable with their sexuality.

I was with you all the way until the above statement. That one threw me for a loop!

Anyway, I think the gist of your thread is very good. Being anti-gay does sometimes result in violence. But not all violence comes from someone being anti-gay.

People need to be more accepting of ALL aspects of other people. Their culture, their race, their religion, their nationality, and, yes, their sexuality. Many of the wars, when you dig down deeply, come from an intolerance of "difference", whether it's race, religion or whatever. People need to mind their own business and really embrace the idea of "Live and let live".

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by IamAbeliever

Idk, what you are talking about. I never said that

I said suppressing who you are can make you a evil person........

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Um suppressing things you want to do is what makes society safe!

Lots of time I want punch my boss in the face or eat and run but I don't.

I won't even tell you what I suppress doing to our elected officials and banksters.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockdisjoint

Idk, what you are talking about. I never said that

I said suppressing who you are can make you a evil person........

"Just think about it, if someone hates gay people they are most likely gay (studies have shown this),"

That's your quote buddy. Now tell me you never said it.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Oh, what I meant by that was: If you look around you will see that pastors, politicians, etc that are caught in gay sex scandals, are always with the anti-gay crowd. There has to be something to that. Also there was a study that I saw a while ago on ATS about a doctor that did a study on anti-gay people and he came to that conclusion as well. I'll see if I can find that study.
edit on 19-3-2011 by Rockdisjoint because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   
The first step to loving others is learning to love yourself. "Tom" is probably a much kinder person now that he has learned to accept himself. I think you were reaching a bit with the "Obama" statement. I don't think I've ever heard him say anything disparaging about homosexuals. Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought he fought to repeal Don't Ask Don't Tell, and succeeded.

As for the people that will inevitably start screaming about the "homosexual agenda" If you leave them alone they will probably leave you alone. Unless you are a vocal anti-homosexual Republican senator in which case you are probably having gay sex as I write this. (Seriously why do the most vocal keep getting caught preaching against what they are practicing)

And for the people that are going to throw out the "sex is for procreation" there are over 6 billion people on this earth, don't you think we've procreated enough, and if that's your argument than you shouldn't be having sex with your wife unless you are specifically attempting to procreate. Don't you dare do it for fun. That's not what it's for.

Now for the people that through out the "why don't we allow bestiality then". Easy answer, an animal can not make an informed decision about sex with people. They can't tell you to stop. They are not sentient (as far as we know.)

Live and let live. Stay out of other people's private life. As long as it is between 2 or more consenting adults, no one is hurting anyone else.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Expect that you will always be frowned upon my the vast majority of the norm... This will always remain truth becuse you go against not only the laws of God, but infact the very laws of nature... The norms will always remain this way. How do I know? Due to normal human reproduction of course. Because of this fact we will always outnumber you... So you need to stop all the gay crybaby crap and get a clue already.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   
I think this generation is moving past all of that and people just need to respect no when your are told that the other person isn't interested-no matter their/ your sexual preference.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by 5StarOracle

Lol, you sound like a thug that is going to beat me up in an alley or something

Maybe you are suppressing inside of you?

Btw, I'm not gay

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockdisjoint

Just think about it, if someone hates gay people they are most likely gay (studies have shown this)

Goddamn, not THIS again.

Seriously, do you honestly still believe that?

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Here is a question for you? What is excepted more in our society gay couples or interracial couples?With your hypothesis the most racial people really want to be in a bio-racial relationship...
Just something to think about...

top topics

join