It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Prophecy - The Glory of Men Must Die

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Yeah I'd like the OP's thoughts and interpretation because I clicked on this thread out of interest but when I saw a wall of religious talk and Biblical quotes I automatically skipped to the end.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 11:19 PM
link   
I do not think this has anything to do with vengeance. We were given a path to walk and we failed to abide by the most decent codes to follow that path. This is about the journey back so that we may overcome ourselves and lay down our egos and our need to control; we should all be so humbled by mere words.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by IAMIAM

It is not a Judeo-Christian God my friend. It IS God.

Let me teach you a little about God .

never a good beginning to any conversation, and heir to a million arguments.

what is the point of this? god is self evident. there is god and there is nature, and some of it is the province of the creator, and some of it is nature which is also a creation- but a creation just like ourselves, with its own volition. god gave nature instinct, which it follows, and us free will. its simple. to me anyway. it pretty much explains everything and i would no more imply that an earthquake is god's will as i would saying a dog biting a child is satan's will.

and i am not attacking anyone's faith, because i have faith too. but i am certainly questioning the meaning and integrity of this here thread

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by themysterymachine
never a good beginning to any conversation, and heir to a million arguments.

what is the point of this? god is self evident. there is god and there is nature, and some of it is the province of the creator, and some of it is nature which is also a creation- but a creation just like ourselves, with its own volition. god gave nature instinct, which it follows, and us free will. its simple. to me anyway. it pretty much explains everything and i would no more imply that an earthquake is god's will as i would saying a dog biting a child is satan's will.

and i am not attacking anyone's faith, because i have faith too. but i am certainly questioning the meaning and integrity of this here thread

Why do you separate the two my friend? God is nature, God is beyond nature. Omnipresent means present in all things. To separate the two, God and Nature, is to make God less than what God is.

The lesser can never be the greater.

Of course, your mileage may vary...

With Love,

Your Brother

edit on 18-3-2011 by IAMIAM because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

Every Breath You Take by The Police; so sinister a song to illustrate your message?

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by teapot
Every Breath You Take by The Police; so sinister a song to illustrate your message?

Sinister is your judgement, not mine.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

Sting, the songwriter admitted that the song was written for his ex-wife and denotes his feelings through his divorce from her.

The track was written during the collapse of Sting's marriage to Frances Tomelty; the lyrics are the words of a sinister, controlling character, who is watching "every breath you take; every move you make".

"I woke up in the middle of the night with that line in my head, sat down at the piano and had written it in half an hour. The tune itself is generic, an aggregate of hundreds of others, but the words are interesting. It sounds like a comforting love song. I didn't realise at the time how sinister it is. I think I was thinking of Big Brother, surveillance and control."—Sting

Sting later said he was disconcerted by how many people think the song is more positive than it is. He insists it's about unrequited love (the song was written at the time he and his then wife divorced), about the obsession with the lost lover, the jealousy and surveillance that followed. en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Sting, the songwriter admitted that the song was written for his ex-wife and denotes his feelings through his divorce from her.

Sting can put any meaning he wants on the song. I can put any meaning I want on it. Once it is shared with others, it is not his any more.

If you wish to see sinister overtones in the song, go for it.

I see the whisper of the divine in the song. It is my free will to do so.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

But he as the writer of the song has the only real and true meaning. I still to this day laugh when people use it as a wedding song having known for years what the true meaning is and the stalker attitude it has.

If a songwriter explains what a song means then that song is no longer open to interpretation.

People think "You Can Call Me Al" (or whatever it is) by Paul Simon is an upbeat song but as he said, it describes how he's so lonely and in need of someone at the time of writing the lyrics that it was basically a song saying "you can call me anything you want as long as you call me a friend".

I dunno, maybe as a musician myself I'm very protective of songs in that way but if some of my songs were taken as something positive due to their lyrics and the way they sounded even if it was actually about something extremely negative and "depressing" then I'd be extremely frustrated and question the intelligence of the person taking it the wrong way.

I don't see you as unintelligent, your posts and threads since I joined here are testament to that, I just don't see how you can still take that song as positive and upbeat and spiritual when even the creator said it isn't.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by curious7
But he as the writer of the song has the only real and true meaning. I still to this day laugh when people use it as a wedding song having known for years what the true meaning is and the stalker attitude it has.

If a songwriter explains what a song means then that song is no longer open to interpretation.

The song writer does not rule me. He can only share his interpretation. I can and have made a different interpretation. His disbelief in my possibilities does not limit my reality. He can reject it, but that only alters his own reality and those who obey him.

You see a glass of wine. I say it is water, and it becomes water. If you believe I have the right to define my reality, you will see that it is water also. Or, you can stay stuck in the reality where someone else has already set the parameters you must follow, and forever drink the same wine that others have for all eternity.

Which will you have, wine, water, or a drink all your own?

Does this clarify the point I am trying to make my friend?

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   
It is with utter horror that I witnessed this OP's thread, with claims comming from the Almighty.

But this is NOT the first nor will be the last, as worried mortal men will attempt to comprehend the Almighty's words, and in the usual mortal way twist their beliefs beyond what had been taught in the holy books if they only open up their minds, to understand our common Creator, and not create Him into something that power lusting monarch would behave, akin to early christian times twisted by the church clergies.

If one had read the holy books, one will know how much our Creator loved us all, His children, and exists even in modern times.

Many times, He could have just simply destroyed us, as is His right the way an artist would crumple up his work if he found it a horror and not fit to show to anyone else, a disappoint in his own creations.

And we had dissapointed Him far too often, but yet, He stayed his hand despite the billions of victims pleas for justice in the hands of evil men whom ruled mankind, given us time and time again to change our ways, for He believes we needed the time to grow up as free will had been given.

Messengers had been sent throughout our current civilisation and nudge us upon a better path, and despite our ugliness, there were beauty and kindness. We humans are capable of the worst and yet are capable of the best, if we but follow the path, never to hurt or harm others.

Many of the destructions we see in this world was man-made, such as earthquakes fatalities. We had been forwarned that certain places are dangerous for habitation, and yet we continued living there. It was our free will, and most of the times, our greed in doing so.

Our Creator do listen to our prayers, as many will testify, and had saved many more that would have been doomed. We humans made those mistakes on our own with the use of our free will, and thus we must learn and progress from it, never to make the same mistake twice.

Many will know Lot and Abraham, whom pleaded and negotiated with our Creator to save Sodom and Gomorrah from destruction, and He did listen and even agreed. This would not have happened if the Almighty was some high and mighty unapproachable monarch as some priests and preachers would love to present before their congregation to bend them to their will and not our Creator's.

Our Creator does not need fear to be instilled into mankind with fire and brimestone the clerics and clergies so often love to dish out. If so, He would not had given us free will. He forces no one, but hopes that we mortals will follow the designated path that may spare us sufferings and pain. But we often did not, and sufferings resulted. And at times, at so large a scale as what we are witnessing today in our world.

He is watching, and listening. He still loves us all, but we must be deserving of his love, If we continue to hurt and harm others, or turn a blind eye to others hurting and harming others, He will be disappointed, after all the messengers that had been sent to guide us.

You and I have a part to play today. We have to get back onto our designated path. It is not as difficult as some believe. It is only seeking the common aspirations that we ALL humans share, and it will eventually lead to the fulfillment of our destiny....

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by SeekerofTruth101

I just want to let you know my friend, that I am glad to know you and see your participation in these threads. Each time I catch a post of yours, a smile comes to me, and a tear catches my eye.

Keep shining your light my friend.

Remember, this is the separating of the wheat from the chaff. That is all these fear based prophecies are.

They too have a part.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Enlil=Yahweh.. The 'God' that wanted to keep Adamus (Adam) mindless and enslaved while Ea taught Adamus to be free. It's sorta sad to see people just.. bow.. to some sick God that promises destruction of those same people (or rather save them, if they bow/kneel.) but it is what it is.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   
I am shocked the OP has not come back to explain this "prophecy".

For one... who made this prophecy? Obviously it is supposed to be a message from "God", but who is the actual messenger? Sorry, but that matters to me. It is one thing to hear this message from "God" but if the messenger is Larry Flint, would that not change the intent of the message just a bit?

Secondly,. I find it very very hard to believe that if God where to send the population a message, his main concern and complaint would be abortion. There really is no mention of the million other wicked things that happen, its mainly a rant about abortion. That screams agenda to me. It tells me that it is some made up message from some Bible Thumper with extreme views on the abortion issue. You can get much the same sermon any day of the week from watching Pat Robertson on the 700 club, that still does not make it a message from God. It makes it a message from Pat Robertson invoking God. There is a difference.

This is such a typical religious message to me. Rule by fear. We are simply being beaten over the head repeatedly and threatened, but all is well if you follow me. What kind of God would want to rule by the fear of his "children"? Furthermore.. this is supposed to be "God". The Almighty, all knowing, who has a divine plan. He gave us this "free will" to make our own choices but yet he is so angry with what we have done with this free will? Wouldn't the all knowing, all mighty God already know what we would do with free will? Was this not part of the Divine plan? If it is..then what is God so angry about? Surely he saw this coming...after all isn't it part of his Divine Plan?

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Friends, I have read through the reply's.

Some people seem to be taken aback that God would ever bring destruction upon the inhabitants of the earth, i'll quote both the Old and New Testaments,

"The LORD says, 'Am I not storing up these things, sealing them away in my treasury? I will take revenge; I will pay them back. In due time their feet will slip. Their day of disaster will arrive, and their destiny will overtake them.' (Deuteronomy 32:34-35)

Dear friends, never take revenge. Leave that to the righteous anger of God. For the Scriptures say, "I will take revenge; I will pay them back," says the LORD. (Romans 12:19)

Some people seem to be taken aback that The Lord would want people to fear Him, I'll quote the Bible again using both Testaments,

"The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom, and knowledge of the Holy One is understanding." (Proverbs 9:10)

Oh, that they would always have hearts like this, that they might fear me and obey all my commands! If they did, they and their descendants would prosper forever. (Deuteronomy 5:29)

"Fear God," he shouted. "Give glory to him. For the time has come when he will sit as judge. Worship him who made the heavens, the earth, the sea, and all the springs of water." (Revelation 14:7)

With respect to these prophecy's consider this verse

"Indeed, the Sovereign LORD never does anything until He reveals His plans to his servants the prophets." (Amos 3:7)

To those who are concerned with the messenger of these prophecy's, Here is a Letter excerpt and a link back to the original

Gnashing Children - Letters From God and His Christ

Thus says The Lord God: I have spoken, and sent My messengers before My face...

Yet this foolish people can in no wise see, nor are they able to hear! They refuse to look past My messengers, and willingly stop their ears from hearing, unable to recognize the voice of The Living God...
For what is the messenger to you, oh ignorant and vain peoples?... Why do you consider, so carefully, seeking to find fault with those I send? Why do you concern yourselves with those I choose? And why do you judge those through whom I speak?
And what is a prophet?... Is he not a man, My servant, whom I have chosen and called? And when does My servant become a prophet? And what is the length of time he remains as such?... Lo, he is only a prophet in that self-same moment, in which I speak to him and cause him to hear... Prophesying only as long as I cause him to speak or to write My words... I am The Lord.

For there is no prophecy apart from My will,
And without My voice, there can be no prophesying...

And without My Spirit, no man may hear,
Nor shall he behold a vision, nor is he able to understand.

Apart from The Holy, there is no knowledge...

Only vanities and lies...

False glory, evil divinations.

If you still would like to find out more about Timothy here are some Letters to read, I do add though... There are over 600 Letters From God and His Christ, most given to Timothy but not all, if one were to read them all they would find out a great deal about Timothy, he is a man of stumbling like all men and over the past 7 years The Lord has abased him many times. The Lord has said,

What prophet have I sent, who was also exalted, who was not first abased? And what humble man was not first brought low? Churches of Men, Hear the Word of the Lord

Some Letters about Timothy:
God's Impact in My Life
Timothy's Dream About Jesus: The Letters Started with This Dream
Interpretation: Hold Steadfast to Your Faith in Christ
Timothy's Calling

Finally I'll finish with another Letter I would urge everyone to read, received 3/15/11
The God of Israel Has Set His Face To Uplift and To Abase... To Gather and To Pour Out Judgment

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Caji316
I don't think I like that God to well. He is into torture and killing his own people.....He sounds like a dictator to me..We already have enough of them. We surely don't need any more...Isn't there a Good God out there somewhere?

AMEN! Brother. A true God would not of created this reality. We as one in our ego did. So we as one have to take responsibility for it. And stop with the fear and hate and negativity towards each other. And realise that things will only be accomplished if we show love, happiness and positivity towards our fellow beings instead.
edit on 18-3-2011 by Epsillion70 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by matthewm
Friends, I have read through the reply's.

Some people seem to be taken aback that God would ever bring destruction upon the inhabitants of the earth, i'll quote both the Old and New Testaments,

"The LORD says, 'Am I not storing up these things, sealing them away in my treasury? I will take revenge; I will pay them back. In due time their feet will slip. Their day of disaster will arrive, and their destiny will overtake them.' (Deuteronomy 32:34-35)

Dear friends, never take revenge. Leave that to the righteous anger of God. For the Scriptures say, "I will take revenge; I will pay them back," says the LORD. (Romans 12:19)

Some people seem to be taken aback that The Lord would want people to fear Him, I'll quote the Bible again using both Testaments,

"The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom, and knowledge of the Holy One is understanding." (Proverbs 9:10)

Oh, that they would always have hearts like this, that they might fear me and obey all my commands! If they did, they and their descendants would prosper forever. (Deuteronomy 5:29)

"Fear God," he shouted. "Give glory to him. For the time has come when he will sit as judge. Worship him who made the heavens, the earth, the sea, and all the springs of water." (Revelation 14:7)

With respect to these prophecy's consider this verse

"Indeed, the Sovereign LORD never does anything until He reveals His plans to his servants the prophets." (Amos 3:7)

You speak of Fear when you should be speaking of Love.

What is fear? That fear is that the Almighty will take back his gift to us - the gift of life and may even inflict pain into our lives, BUT only if we refuse to mend our ways and continue to harm and hurt others. He does has that right.

So who should fear the Almighty? Most would natuarally, less the criminally insane few, for many would have treasure and cherish the gift of life, with its man made induced ugliness, there is also beauty.

Thus, Fear is not a necessary command to pound into the masses, on what is already natural, BUT RATHER, it should be impounded into evil men, and most of them are rulers of our world. Unfortunately, the clerics and the clergies had been in cahoots with power, seeking to feed on crumbs off their tables, that such imposition of fear became an instrument of control over the masses misusing religion, and evil men elevated to godly status.

The holy books are historical records of whatever that had happened in the ancient past. As the old testament is used, it tells of jews being the chosen people, but they had proven themselves a dissapointment time after time, and the Almighty had elevated other people.

Further into time, came other divine teachers and messengers to tells us we all are our Creator's children. Times and circumstances had changed and is not casted in stone except for divine laws, and not man-made repressive laws based upon words meant for an earlier barbaric time.

Our Creator whom loved us all had shown compassion and mercy to mankind several times, if just using the old and the new testaments as evidence while disregarding what happened to our world after those two books and other holy scriptures ceased to be written

Thus, you see the occurences of what is happening in the Middle East and soon other parts of the world. Rulers had long dominated our Creator's children for their own will, to further their grasp upon power and NOT for the evolution and progress of our race as intended, for centuries.

Today, as we awaken to the reality that we are our Creator's children, regardless of whatever differences - muslims, christians, jews, hindus, buddhist, atheists, etc, etc, our eyes finally opened up to see what evil men and rulers in the political social and economic fields had done to us common masses. All humans still have free will, but it was Love from our Creator that helped us open our eyes wide.

I will not doubt nor confirm Timothy's harsh messages, for religion is a personal journey. He may or may not had received those messages, is not the first nor the last, but one thing is clear - our world is not right, and is not my insignificant and nobody feelings, but an observation from almost every human, and more so those who experienced personal journeys in religion AND sharing it with others in discussions and debates.

All I can say is to seek within your heart and listen. It is not fear of Him that our Creator wants from the masses whom are often led and follow orders by others, but to be worthy of His Love and gift of life to reach our common aspirations and fulfill our destiny.

The ones whom are the rulers had best do the same, because if the masses are misled, doom will certainly follow, and need not even the hands of the divine to do it.
edit on 19-3-2011 by SeekerofTruth101 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

This is just an observation, but it is really refreshing to know that there are still people like you brother who speaks from his heart and with obvious love and compassion for all people.

Please do not let all the negativity of the people who have been deeply hurt change your ways and outlook on life - you are indeed on the right path and a definate example to many. It really is a blessing to count you as a friend and brother.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 11:21 PM
link   

reply to post by IAMIAM

word to your mother.

i can think of a half dozen other songs that would better illustrate your point than this stalker anthem.

and IAM, i can understand your point- but its the same point made by those who wave the rebel flag around under the guise of southern pride not realizing or acknowledging that others tend to see these symbols in an entirely different way. if one is going to make a salient point, one needs to use some touchstones familiar to others that do not carry a sinister connotation. that's just good sense. sure, any song can mean what you want it to mean. but as another poster pointed out, i was a musician too and i would be very offended if someone used a song of mine to underline a point that was not at ALL germane to the song itself. its the same reason bruce springsteen crawled all over the reagan admin- he didn't want "born in the USA" to be used by a bunch of people whose beliefs were antithetical to his own.

just saying.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   
er, and i just want to make a blanket point here- that as long as there have been people making prophecies, there have been people willing to hump the leg of the so-called prophet. that doesn't make it true. jim jones, anyone?

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join