It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone hearing about increased incidents of vertigo?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 12:37 AM
link   
This morning my wife woke up with severe vertigo. She has never had it before. During a period when it was not as bad she posted that she had vertigo on Facebook and immediately got two friends, one in Southern California and on in Washington who also had sudden bouts with vertigo as of, in one case yesterday and the other today. Neither of them have ever had it before either. I live in Hawaii.

It obviously might be a fluke, but in light of the potential radiation across the Pacific, just wanted to check to see if anyone else, especially on the west coast is experiencing a similar thing.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 12:47 AM
link   
Well, I've had vertigo for as long as i can remember. Don't know what triggers it for me, but I live in tokyo, Japan, and there was a spike in radiation levels a couple days ago, but i haven't had any vertigo lately. I hope that helps a little. But maybe it was just a coincidence? I think if you have low levels of iron you can have vertigo. Maybe people are just worried and aren't eating properly? Anyway, hope your wife is okay

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 12:51 AM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

The link above is to a 10 page thread only 2 days old,
on this very subject.

/wishing everyone well
David Grouchy

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 01:28 AM
link   
reply to post by dolphinfan

Greetings, I to have been down. I got sick 2 days prior to the E.Q in Japan, I was a mess. and all day to day I have been so dizzy, to the point I had to take something for nausea. my son just a few min ago stated that his stomach is not acting right. it could be just a bug going around. but we all know that some people are more sensitive to changes. this morning when I turned on the TV I saw some where in Mexico where the fisherman did not need poles they was just scoping them into the boat. I have been paying some attention to the world. this may not be the right area. but there is something causing a lot of us to be so dizzy. and if there is more ATS Family out there, and you to are feeling like something is not right, please post, and I want to think DolphinFan for this post.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 01:43 AM
link   
Hi there,
I live in southern Oregon and Yes I have been feeeling extremely dizzy these past 2 days with massive migraines that seem to come and go at random, ears popping like crazy, feelings of climbing elevation in my ears when I am stationary . My son have been clingy lately don't know if that has anything to do with anything. I know a I have been hearing of a possible quake coming to the west coast hopefully these feelings aren't signs of that because I got these feelings before the christchurch and japan quakes.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 08:45 AM
link   
my mom was diagnosed with vertigo 6 months ago, there is no cure, just rehabilitation. I thought it was just in her head, maybe not...

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   
I have vertigo since my early thirties, my father started about the same age before me, like another posted say is not cure, many doctors tells me that is related to inner ear infections specially if you have chronic sinus problems and prone to constant sinus infections, in other instances is could be sudden drop of blood pressure or very high blood pressure.

I have live with this problem for so long I have gotten used to it, sometimes I just go to sleep and wakeup dizzy and that last for just a few days to weeks, then is starts to fade into just a lightheartedness.

That lightheartedness is with me constantly.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Same here. Twice in the last few months I have gotten vertigo so badly it made me sick everytime I got up. If I layed on my side it went away. It came on very fast in both instances and I had no other symptoms other than a loud hum/vibration in my ears.

I have had 7 operations on my ears and I just chalked it up to that. However, my last operation was about 25 years ago and I have never experienced vertigo since then.

Go figure. It would be nice to know what it means, if actually does mean anything at all.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Kangaruex4Ewe

Yes I forgot the famous ringing in the ears, just like my father I suffer from that also, I guess it runs in families.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 09:43 AM
link   

About.. Vertigo.
www.makehealtheasy.com...

You can experience vertigo through a sudden drop in your blood pressure
or when you try to get up quickly from a sitting or lying position.
Dehydration is also sighted among vertigo causes as it can make you suffer from bouts of vertigo if you have insufficient amount of water in your body.
Vertigo symptom is often associated with problem in your inner ear.
You are at an increased risk of experiencing vertigo as you grow older.
It can be a lifelong ailment or be temporary in nature.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   
I've never had vertigo, and don't have it now, but I have had a couple incidents over the past few days in which I've lost my balance for no apparent reason. Just this afternoon I was walking down a grocery aisle and felt like the ground had tilted beneath me. Very strange indeed.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   

The Anaheim Ducks goalie Jonas Hiller has it really bad, but I would be willing to bet it's from all the slap shots he's taken to the head.
As for me may be bit from St. Paddy's Day green beer.
edit on 18-3-2011 by mileslong54 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   
I posted this in another thread, but here it is again for what it is worth.

However, since Monday I have been having very frequent periods of vertigo. For lack of a better way to describe it, I feel like my body, predominantly in my head is swaying side to side, or from another perspective, that everything is moving around me. Depends which way you look at it. In any event, on Tuesday morning it was particularly bad, started at home and I debated about having to drive to work, but as soon as the car starting moving the vertigo stopped. Then, just as suddenly, it started again when I got out of my car at the office. Each time it occurs, it lasts about 10-20 minutes.

I am feeling this also now. As I am typing this, it feels like my monitor is swaying. Almost like being on a cruise ship or a boat when there are waves.

Althought I thought these occurances were odd for me, I didn't really think anything too much of it until I read this thread. My thought is that perhaps it has something to do with the impending 'supermoon' to arrive on Saturday. Not really sure what to think.

Btw - I leave near Toronto, Canada.
edit on 18-3-2011 by CCKP72 because: add

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Has anyone ever read anything, or have any resources on the effect of pole shift on the human body? Just a theory sort of floating around in my mind.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Found Something: Feeling Dizzy?
edit on 18-3-2011 by ReginaAdonnaAaron because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   
yes just a couple of days ago,i was feeling fine all day about 7pm was so dizzy and nauseated and i was having trouble seeing it lasted about a hour and been feeling fine every since

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   
My mom has had very bad vertigo. It makes her so sick that she can barley get out of bed. She can't walk straight and she ends up vomiting. The Dr. told her to get Dramamine pills, you know like the motion sickness pills. They only cause her to get very drowsy and go to sleep.
I really think it is the polar tilt and the changes in the Earths Magnetic Field. I think some people are more sensitive to it.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Gotta chime in, here. It's been happening to me lately, too. Actually talked to my GF about it a few days ago and she was experiencing the same thing. Was sort of surprised to see this thread.

Makes me wonder... are we experiencing pre-quake effects like animals do? Are little pockets of methane floating around making people feel woosy for a few seconds?

So strange...

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   
This happened to me on Monday the 14 anybody else on that date?

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 02:41 AM
link   
Our planet is moving faster through space,vertigo is caused when your body changes altitude very fast. Most cases that is. I know there are a few people that differ.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join