It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another Page of Flashed Up Text on TV

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Original thread here so it would only be right to continue any comments or ideas on Aladinsane's thread.....

www.abovetopsecret.com...

but this is what appeared on tv tonight for a split second which I have added to the end of the original thread.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   
edit because someone set me straight
edit on 13-3-2011 by captaintyinknots because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   
You watching the comedy channel in the UK by any chance

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by captaintyinknots

Originally posted by MissTiger
Original thread here so it would only be right to continue any comments or ideas on Aladinsane's thread.....

www.abovetopsecret.com...

but this is what appeared on tv tonight for a split second which I have added to the end of the original thread.

Interesting that they spelled googlebox wrong.

Noun 1.goggle boxgoggle box - an electronic device that receives television signals and displays them on a screen; "the British call a tv set a telly"
edit on 13-3-2011 by cluckerspud because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by cluckerspud

Thanks for that, i had never heard that term before....

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by captaintyinknots

Gogglebox is a slang term for television in UK !
2nd

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Check this out
www.goggleboxtv.com...

Just wondering just how often this text flash happens

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by DarthPhobos

Yes ComedyCentral but in the original thread I think he was watching a channel 4 station.

Gogglebox is a term that the older generation used to call the television, not sure how much it is used now.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Yes ComedyCentral but in the original thread I think he was watching a channel 4 station.

Gogglebox is a term that the older generation used to call the television, not sure how much it is used now.

Dude, your not getting subliminal messages, its an advertising ploy.. They started doing it when they were moving channels, it seems to be working cause you see it, it goes so quick, you get intrigued, you rewind, you pause. NOONE IS SENDING YOU SUBLIMANAL MESSAGES FROM ABOVE, watch some derren brown, he expalins mind control, your falling for it, there is no hidden message, its designed to make you wonder WTF is going on. Someone in an office building designed these on a computer

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   
i wonder why some words are in red ? and how they expect you to
read them in such a short time, unless designed to be that short and
only be caught by people like us. interesting talk about the sun in that message

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarthPhobos

Dude, your not getting subliminal messages, its an advertising ploy.. They started doing it when they were moving channels, it seems to be working cause you see it, it goes so quick, you get intrigued, you rewind, you pause. NOONE IS SENDING YOU SUBLIMANAL MESSAGES FROM ABOVE, watch some derren brown, he expalins mind control, your falling for it, there is no hidden message, its designed to make you wonder WTF is going on. Someone in an office building designed these on a computer

Interesting ploy and an effective one at that. but what I don't understand is the advertising aspect of it. What's being advertised?

Seeing text flash across my TV screen would also draw my attention and I would more than likely rewind a pause also LOL ... Ever have the TV on but only listening and not watching when all of a sudden there is no sound? Makes you look at the screen doesn't it?

SnF (advertising or not this is intriguing)

Peace & Respect,

AS
edit on 13-3-2011 by AeonStorm because: snf

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   
I posted in the previous thread that subliminal advertising is banned in the UK.
I think if your so worried as such that you should bring it to the attention of
OFCOM or whatever the regulator is called these days ?
Personally I think that the Derren Brown thing is now a more likely scenario !
He is possibly programming someone for a future show he has in mind !

Peace

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   
um, yes subliminal suggestion is a very powerful form of mind
control (programming). Why else would they flash it so quickly?
For those that say it is just another form of advertisement I disagree.
(What product is being advertised)? I remember that going on in
Germany while i was there (Last 6 months or so I realized it was
going on),I guess it is one reason I really didn't want to watch television
all those years however they can also do it on the computer. I could not
tear my ex-wife away from the TV. She got home from work and ritualistically
plopped down in front of the tube and there was hell to pay if anyone bothered
her. Needless to say, she is now married to the tv instead of me.

en.wikipedia.org...

en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 13-3-2011 by Mr. D because: remembered some things while typing.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr. D

I would have thought Ofcom wouldn't allow anything like that in the UK but I guess all adverts are subliminal in some way.

At the moment I do tend to go along with the idea of it being something to do with Derren Brown or maybe that if it is seen only on certain channels that we will all sit there waiting for it to appear thus they will get higher ratings and be able to sell their advertising space for more money.

Sorry to hear about your experiences with television

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Yeah I saw your thread the other day with the first instance, personally I haven't seen this for myself yet, but I find it quite unnerving.

Derren Brown makes a lot of sense, especially as his programmes are on Channel 4. Sublimminal messaging is illegal in the uk, but I wonder how long the image is actually up for ? Because if its a couple of seconds, then its probably allowed, I think its more the literal flashes of messaging that are banned.

And Google what ??? I have been a Brit my entire life, and have never heard this term used in my day to day lol

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by solargeddon
Yeah I saw your thread the other day with the first instance, personally I haven't seen this for myself yet, but I find it quite unnerving.

Derren Brown makes a lot of sense, especially as his programmes are on Channel 4. Sublimminal messaging is illegal in the uk, but I wonder how long the image is actually up for ? Because if its a couple of seconds, then its probably allowed, I think its more the literal flashes of messaging that are banned.

And Google what ??? I have been a Brit my entire life, and have never heard this term used in my day to day lol

It's that quick that if you blink you will miss it, it's even possible to miss it totally when you are rewinding to find it.

I remember last year someone advertising something where they just flashed up a picture on the screen and it wasn't till a few weeks later that the whole advert appeared but I can't remember what that was now.

Gogglebox.......As in to just sit there goggling at the box. I remember my relatives using it and I was brought up in the North of England and my Dad still calls it that and he's Scottish. I have heard it used down south too but it's not a word I care for

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   
MK- Ultra programming? Trigger, I know... but it is a conspiracy sight after all

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   

reply to post by Mr. D

I would have thought Ofcom wouldn't allow anything like that in the UK but I guess all adverts are subliminal in some way.

At the moment I do tend to go along with the idea of it being something to do with Derren Brown or maybe that if it is seen only on certain channels that we will all sit there waiting for it to appear thus they will get higher ratings and be able to sell their advertising space for more money.

Sorry to hear about your experiences with television

I don't understand why people still think this has to do with advertising
products as there are no brand names products or services mentioned.
I have a feeling many if not all of us have been under the influence of this
type of mind control for a very long time. Thanks for the condolences,
what goes around comes around sooner or later.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by MissTiger

I tried reading only the suggestive phrases in the text. This is what you pull from it if you look at only those phrases:

"Feel it. Look out the window. Go to bed. Cling on to this brief moment. Hunker down. Wait until it's safe."

Overall the text has a fairly negative tone. Could this actually be trying to suggest that people be depressed and scared?

I don't know...kinda interesting if you ask me. What do some of you think? anything else you can pull from this?

Peace & Respect,

AS
edit on 13-3-2011 by AeonStorm because: added

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by AeonStorm
reply to post by MissTiger

I tried reading only the suggestive phrases in the text. This is what you pull from it if you look at only those phrases:

"Feel it. Look out the window. Go to bed. Cling on to this brief moment. Hunker down. Wait until it's safe."

I don't know...kinda interesting if you ask me. What do some of you think? anything else you can pull from this?

Peace & Respect,

AS

People had some ideas on the thread I mentioned in the op and that's where the ideas have been continuing so you are probably best posting on there. Some people might think you are meant to add all the screen shots together if indeed there have been more than two.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join