It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Meltdown Caused Nuke Plant Explosion

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Meltdown Caused Nuke Plant Explosion

e.nikkei.com

Meltdown Caused Nuke Plant Explosion: Safety Body

TOKYO (Nikkei)--The Nuclear and Industrial Safety Agency (NISA) said Saturday afternoon the explosion at the Fukushima No. 1 nuclear plant could only have been caused by a meltdown of the reactor core.

The same day, Tokyo Electric Power Co. (9501), which runs the plant, began to flood the damaged reactor with seawater to cool it down, resorting to measures that could rust the reactor and force the utility to scrap it.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Is this Nuclear Fallout (Meltdown) Image Legit?

img847.imageshack.us...

It keeps bugging me and I keep reading about possibly nuclear meltdown. Would prefer if a scientist or what not replys. I think its based off of jetstream/wind patterns to determine this.

750 Rads = Death
I'm unsure about who made this chart, but with wind patterns and what not, as well as those two plants not confirmed to be a "total meltdown" yet.
e.nikkei.com... - according to this link there is a total meltdown.

www.msnbc.msn.com... - MSNBC says a partial meltdown.

www.youtube.com... - here is a video of the explosion at one of the nuclear power plants.

Some realtime blog updates on the situation:
blogs.aljazeera.net...
"Yesterday, we reported that three people had tested positive for elevated radiation levels. That number has now jumped to 160, says a Japanese nuclear safety official."

www.bi-me.com... "confirmed meltdown"
CNN says "assumed meltdown occured"

www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...

twitter.com... "AP: Japanese government spokesman says partial meltdown is likely under way... at second reactor"

e.nikkei.com
edit on 12-3-2011 by thecann because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 11:04 PM
link   
I am pasting this information in every thread I feel it is relevant. As I am currently unable to create a thread of my own please excuse the repetition. I feel this information is possibly of great importance and so wish to promulgate it rapidly:

Q. Would ingestion of iodized, common table salt be effective in a nuclear accident if KI pills are not available?

A. The daily dose of potassium iodide (KI) for thyroid blocking is 130 mg per day for up to two weeks. This equates to 96 mg of iodine (I). Iodized salt contains about 0.085 mg of KI per gram of salt (according to the Morton Salt Company). To get the I equivalent of a 130 mg KI pill would require the ingestion of 1,529 grams of salt which would most likely be fatal. According to research by Health Physicist Ken Miller, Hershey Medical Center,

a person can get a blocking dose of iodine by painting 8 ml of either tincture of iodine or providone iodine (betadine) scrub on the forearm daily

. William Kirk, PhD, CHP Pennsylvania Bureau of Radiation Protection

LINK

PLEASE PASS THIS INFORMATION TO YOUR FRIENDS ON THE WEST COAST AND CONTACTS IN JAPAN

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   
I wish all these threads could be merged. Very hard to follow
edit on 12-3-2011 by InvisibleAlbatross because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by InvisibleAlbatross
I wish all these threads could be merged. Very hard to follow
edit on 12-3-2011 by InvisibleAlbatross because: (no reason given)

I agree, although it seems the site is encouraging it at the moment

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by thecann

img847.imageshack.us...

It keeps bugging me and I keep reading about possibly nuclear meltdown. Would prefer if a scientist or what not replys. I think its based off of jetstream/wind patterns to determine this.

750 Rads = Death
I'm unsure about who made this chart, but with wind patterns and what not, as well as those two plants not confirmed to be a "total meltdown" yet.
e.nikkei.com... - according to this link there is a total meltdown.

www.msnbc.msn.com... - MSNBC says a partial meltdown.

www.youtube.com... - here is a video of the explosion at one of the nuclear power plants.

Some realtime blog updates on the situation:
blogs.aljazeera.net...
"Yesterday, we reported that three people had tested positive for elevated radiation levels. That number has now jumped to 160, says a Japanese nuclear safety official."

www.bi-me.com... "confirmed meltdown"
CNN says "assumed meltdown occured"

www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...

twitter.com... "AP: Japanese government spokesman says partial meltdown is likely under way... at second reactor"

e.nikkei.com
edit on 12-3-2011 by thecann because: (no reason given)

The truth about the condition of these reactors will be held back until the "last minuet".
We will not be told anything until TPTB choose to. Use your head and take care of yourself...follow your
gut...because "they" DO NOT care about you...in emergencies...ONLY YOU can save yourself.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Just got back from the store. Got my tincture of Iodine for the feet painting of my wife and myself. Thought I would get some before there is a run on it. Three days is a short time to make sure the levels in my body is up high enough to not take up any radioactive iodine in the air. I will try and get my levels up before a possible radio active cloud gets here.

JUST IN CASE!!!
edit on 12/3/11 by remembering because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   
to put it simply..... the plumes coming from the center of the building..shooting upwards is in a circular halo type shape...i aint no expert but the only thing that can do that would be the internal cylinders.

the explosion i rekon exposed the internal structure to the atmosphere...the loss of the cooling mechanism is only a start of the problem... anyone know how long it takes to cool the reactor and wil it stay cool?

pumping it with sea water is a joke...the water is contaminated now and the steam it creates will only help diffuse the radioactive elements into the atmosphere

i rekon from the rods used, and ceasium in the atmosphere are already affecting the emergency workers.

f`d up...anyone rekon this could be sabotage....bit weird it exploding like that....was it built to deal with an earthquake...i heard all buildings there are...of course japans multi million pound reactor was made quake proof..legal requierment there isnt it....just a bit weird me thinks
edit on 12-3-2011 by thePharaoh because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 11:25 PM
link   
how does a meltdown cause an explosion? my understanding it was the super heating of water creating too much hydrogen, or along those lines, that caused the explosion?
the evac numbers increasing everytime i hear them worries me, though msm are still saying 'meltdown possible'
i hope they can limit the dangers, but i dont think anyone can say for sure until the next few days.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 11:25 PM
link   
I've seen some sites say 36 to 48 hours.

sources: infowars.com and ______beforeitsnews/story/478/612/EMERGENCY_ACTION_ALERT_PACIFIC_COAST_OF_NORTH_AMERICA_SHOULD_BRACE_FOR_RADIOACTIVE_FALLOUT.html

Also I wonder if i should pay attention to this site more often:

www.radiationnetwork.com...

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   
There is so much information.. it is really hard to try to figure out what is actually happening. But sadly I do have a felling that Japan isn't being completely honest with what they know.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 11:53 PM
link   
take a look at this link..amazing...they are seismology charts from around the world updated every 30 minutes...i regularly look at this site and have never seen it like this..talk about off the charts...

live internet seismic activity

CRAZY....please look before it updates..

i also read that there were140 Quakes Worldwide in Last 24 Hours, 34 Earthquakes in Mediterranean
140 quakes world wide in 24 hours

for you americans...to monitor your quake situation check this site...very good and updated very regularly...as one of the posts above says....the west coast of america could be nextANSS - U.S. advanced seismic live reports

i think this needs its own thread!!
i mean cmon...WTF is going on...we need to demand answers...
edit on 12-3-2011 by thePharaoh because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 11:54 PM
link   

img847.imageshack.us...

Good question...the answer is no. That map/image is not legit, its a hoax.
The whole story is here on the hoax : www.theweatherspace.com...

However, there is real danger as the story unfolds.

Fears of another explosion at a Japanese nuclear plant are growing after officials said the cooling system in a second reactor had failed.

www.guardian.co.uk...

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Reply to post by thePharaoh

It is all normal. Nothing to see here. It happens quite regularly. Now move along. Perhaps go shopping or do something else that is equally patriotic.

/sarcasm

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lemon.Fresh
Reply to post by thePharaoh

It is all normal. Nothing to see here. It happens quite regularly. Now move along. Perhaps go shopping or do something else that is equally patriotic.

/sarcasm

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

lol..ok im off to play some kanye west...then get a frapomochochocalato at the new startbucks...well its the same but without the word starbucks...exciting haha

honestly look at the seismic charts and scroll down to ethiopia....thats how they are all meant to look...but they are black...the needle must of went crazy...charlie sheen crazy

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by burntheships

img847.imageshack.us...

Good question...the answer is no. That map/image is not legit, its a hoax.
The whole story is here on the hoax : www.theweatherspace.com...

However, there is real danger as the story unfolds.

Fears of another explosion at a Japanese nuclear plant are growing after officials said the cooling system in a second reactor had failed.

www.guardian.co.uk...

Thanks, at least I feel slightly better now... I should buy some iodine.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by thecann

Yes, buy some. This is the real deal.
Depending on your location take the appropriate steps for protection.

This story is not over yet, not by a long shot.
The Tokyo electric company has lost control of a total of seven reactors, four in the Fukushima Daini plant, and three in the Fukushima Daiichi plant, one of which exploded yesterday.

Good read here: blogs.crikey.com.au...

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 12:35 AM
link   
could this have been cause of explosion superheated core 4 to 5 thousand degrees getting hit with water would that not cause either super hot steam or cause the water molecule to unzip into flamable hydrogen and oxygen and result being a massive explosion?

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 12:39 AM
link   
jesus good lord! thats like an atomic attack minus the blast! damn yo...i live in northeast USA..wonder if it could travel completely?
well look at it this way then..capitol hill, washignton dc will be contaminated with radiation,a nd hopefully, take some polticians we all hate with it,...and china may no longer want our land our congress and corporate america gave em on buisness paper

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 01:11 AM
link   
www.tepco.co.jp... "All 6 units of Fukushima Daiichi Nuclear Power Station have been shut down."
www.msnbc.msn.com...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join