It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can Women Really Understand Men

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 12:43 AM
link   
reply to post by NoRegretsEver

I'm not sure why but, I guess that is the type of response I was expecting.

Thank you for that.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by MagesticEsoteric

Wigs, costumes, and faked accents help....well, at least for me.

We're pretty easy to understand.
At any given moment, we want sex, sleep, food, or some kind of entertainment.
In arguments, we just want it to be over...."winning" isn't our desire.
When we ask a question, a straight answer is appreciated...(why does "what do you want for dinner" take so frickin' long?)

Simple, really.
edit on 9-3-2011 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   

In short..yes

communication IS key and in my experiences and observations people lack it TREMENDOUSLY.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by MagesticEsoteric
Is it possible for women to honestly empathize with the needs of a man?

Can one woman completely satisfy all the wants and desires of a man?

Are women destined to fail at providing happinesss to their mate by expecting monogomy for a lifetime?

MagesticEsoteric,

I've posted this line of reasoning several time on ATS/BTS but will post it again as I seldom see this perspective when this topic line in all it's variations is brought up here.

My friend across the river..his wife passed some years ago and he became available on the market once more and of course began dating.

I went over there to visit him one day and we got into some guy talk where upon he told me something very profound as we compared notes.

He told me that he had discovered something which he never quite figured out in this manner in his younger years. What the various women he was dating were doing is visiting him and his home and looking at what they could get for themselves and their children..they were not looking at what he needed or what they needed to be bringing him as a possible career opportunity.
They were not looking at his paid off home and property and recognizing the hard work he had done to get it to that point...but what they could access if they played their cards correctly. They were not interested in the RISKS he had taken to get where he was in this world..but only the investment from their needs, wants, and perspectives.

Their erroneous assumption they all made was that he needed some combination of access to sex, beauty, food, and entertainment.
They were all unable to figure out that he could get access to all of those things. They were not in short supply in the marketplace. They simply lacked the ability to see from his perspective...but only theirs.
They were quietly working to substitute their needs and wants for his.
He also realized that this template took place in younger women as well..but only changed perspectives slightly as children entered the picture.

Hopes this helps to clarify some aspects of the social quagmire out there.

We both concluded that males/men needed to comprehend this view at much younger ages such that they would learn how to lead..not follow.
Compromise is not leading.

Thanks,
Orangetom

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 08:19 AM
link   
reply to post by orangetom1999

Not all women are gold diggers. Though many more are than they admit to it.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 08:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

I agree Gazrok. You have to get through alot of chaff to get to the wheat. Alot of xerox copies out there.

Thanks,
Orangetom

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Good points - and sometimes to recognize that being different doesn't make us "wrong" or that there is something in us that needs "fixed" or changed.

For example, I don't mind doing housework. It needs to be done. Its a job / chore no different to me than taking out the trash, mowing the yard, changing the oil, fixing the toilet, etc. As such, running the vac or mop across the floor doesn't fulfill any deep emotional thing in me. I don't hate it, I don't love it. The floor was dirty, now its clean, done, on to the next thing. It was a job that needed doing and its done - so time to move on to the next one.

Such is not the case for Mrs. Frogs - she does get emotional satisfaction, pleasure, etc. out of a clean house. She'll admire it, look at it, etc. She had not problem with my end result - but kept wanting me to get the same kind of pleasure out of it that she did. It took awhile for her to come to grips with that.

The wife or girlfriend may not get emotional satisfaction out of the car purring like a kitten. You may not get any emotional satisfaction out of the kitchen floor being so clean you could eat off it. That's ok.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 03:28 AM
link   

Are women destined to fail at providing happinesss to their mate by expecting monogomy for a lifetime?

Depends, one thing you have to keep in mind is that behavior characteristics aren't gender fixed. For example my dad and sister have nearly identical thinking patterns it is creepy. My older bro is more like my mom.

You can't just say all men are like this and all women are like that. Add in the variety of neurological types and it becomes self evident that the only thing that could be truly understood about the opposite gender(what men can understand of women and what women can understand of men) is the different social gender experiences that are unique to men and women.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 07:04 AM
link   
I think it's definitely possible. I've spent alot of time trying to look at things through a mans point of view and it's helped ALOT. Whenever I start to get upset about something my man did, I just try and look at it through his eyes, and usually im not mad anymore after that.

Woman tend to over-think things alot. Men do alot of things that seem innocent to them but to woman, are not at all. Which doesnt mean either one is right, it just means give them some slack.

I dont know if I make sense. Its 8am and I havent slept yet. But there ya go! I think I understand men pretty well. Which is why most my friends are guys.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   
I take it this question goes to monogamy.

I saw this thread the other day and began to think about it after being told something by a friend. Some overheard news story on the radio - I don't know the particulars - in any case - there is this man who is the 'top pick' at some sperm bank, and he has been - ah - downloaded either 65 or 165 times.

I find this to be kind of creepy. What if these children meet and mate?

It makes you kind of think that humans should be at least somewhat monogamous because otherwise - everyone will begin to be related to one another and become inbred.

Amish communities have alot of physical problems and retardation due to being too closely related. They are not polygamous, but their whole families are all too closely related to one another.

Monogamy had to come about for a reason. Or at least serial monogamy might work too. Breeding at will with everyone including close relatives - probably not a good idea.

edit on 18-3-2011 by Whiffer Nippets because: clarity.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   
I've had potassium Iodide in my emergency supplies for some four plus months now. It is now, since the events in Japan, in short supply all across this country. I acquired it with a terrorist event or dirty bomb in mind never thinking about something like the Tsunami or melt down in Japan.

When I mentioned to a woman I know that I had it... she quickly wanted to get some from me for her and her children....just in case.
She did not ask what or where it came from..the difficulties/RISKS needing to be solved in acquiring it or replacing it. Then before the end of the day she called me back and wanted enough for her parents and pets. I was shocked.
Do you think this is a woman who could possibly understand me or even bother??? Or am I, by default, supposed to understand her and her needs/requirements....at the expense of mine??

Mind you all women are not like this..but this is textbook of instant gratification values and thinking. Would she try to make me disposable and expendable for her value system/beliefs/requirements and yet herself ..never prepare ???

I haven't given her any Potassium Iodide to date. I don't believe I will. She would rather watch American Idol/Dancing with the Stars than get prepared. What it costs for potassium iodide..she spends in a very short time at a convenience store.
Now all of a sudden it is my duty and responsibility to flash dance her and her children through life's obstacles.???

Now why would such an high maintenance woman want to bother understanding me when she can substitute her belief system and requirements for mine and call it civilized....and never face hardship or responsibility. Why would such an woman want to understand me when she obviously thinks she can work the social system to get through life's hurdles instead of preparing??

I am given now to wonder what role this thinking and value system have played in the break up of her and her ex in contrast to what she has told me....in good times..not just in difficult times??

Thanks,
Orangetom

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 05:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Whiffer Nippets

Whiffer Nippets,

It makes you kind of think that humans should be at least somewhat monogamous because otherwise - everyone will begin to be related to one another and become inbred.

I am not so sure this makes much difference in a mass media day. When most peoples I see or witness have the same programming from television and movies...they are copies of someone elses thinking..someone elses emotions..transplanted into them. A public education today has become a television/movie education.

I have noticed that alot of peoples cannot express a thought or idea outside of representing it through some movie or television program they have watched. Their thoughts are someone elses thoughts..their emotions..someone elses emotions. Outside of their jobs they have little experience in life and few thoughts, ideas, concepts, and emotions of their own. They are xerox copies of someone or something else.

With this kind of xerox copying going on..what difference does a gene pool make?? For they are already mentally and spiritually inbred.

Alot of these kinds of people know more about the next product advertised in the media than anything worthwhile in life. They are wonderful consumers...just not very good people. They are already mentally non monogamous as well as spiritually non monogamous. They are easily lead..and particularly by appealing to their baser emotions...and often without them being aware this is happening to them.

Thanks,
Orangetom

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by kalamatas

Yes we do...it's just hardwired into us by evolution to reproduce and " spread our seed "...We don't have a choice in

the matter. Even if we do stay faithful, the urge to sleep with other women is still there. If a man tells you otherwise he's lying. As he gets older this subsides, since his testosterone levels subside.

Same way you gals go crazy once a month during those delightful few days...even if you tried not to be affected it wouldn't do ya much good.

edit on 24-3-2011 by dude69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon
I believe its possible, but not until later in the mans life........when sex isn't the only thing on his mind...

When does that happen

We're both seniors and my husband still chases me around the house,,, wanting to Play House or Doctor Or Anything,,, that evolves the two of us being close and together

We both married late in life due to our jobs and positions in our work and of-course, I was in China and my husband had not been assigned yet.
It has not changed in all these years, not sense that first time my husband asked me if it was OK to kiss me

My knees gave way a little and I looked up at this man I had been assigned to follow and said, yes.
We have been happy, it is all give and take, no one person is more important than the other.
You must learn to share and expect nothing in return.
But when you notice him watching you and he Smiles and Winks
,,,, you remember why you married that person and you feel lucky to be alive and know you're loved.

I'm So Very Sorry, I think I went off topic,,,, I have the time to, My husband is sleeping

Understand My Husband,,,,, Why Try,,, I Trust Him and I Have Trust in Our Love. He Only Has To Look Into My Eyes and I Feel Him Caressing My Soul.
edit on 25-3-2011 by guohua because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   
One could also ask "Can men realy understand women?"
I was reading about a woman who spent the day disguised as a man. That included having a fake beard and moustache. She concluded by saying that men and women live in parallel worlds.
edit on 5-8-2011 by Aquarius1011 because: Remove repetition.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   
We're miss over stood.

edit on 5 Aug 2011 by schrodingers dog because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   

"Can men realy understand women?"

How can we, when you women don't understand yourselves...???

*ducks*

Seriously though...you give answers like "I don't know", or "I don't care", when you DO know, and you DO care...you just want us to read your minds and KNOW what the hell you really mean....

You say things are "fine" when they aren't...

Yes is no, up is down...

If we could get a straight answer out of you once in a while...the level of understanding would go through the roof!

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   

1) Possibly not, particularly if the man needs her to 'completely satisfy all the wants and desires of a man'.

2) What? Why should she? Surely women have better things to do?

3) If a man is daft enough to rely on one person to provide him happiness then he can expect her to fail. However hard she tries. Perhaps he should try harder to make himself happy and give her a break.

I'm sure monogamy can work if both partners put an equal amount of effort into the relationship. Plus the chemistry has to be right.

I'm being a bit facetious here, but some people expect too much from their partner. I'm sure if there is mutual respect for each others' individuality, and independence of spirit from both parties, relationships can be very fulfilling.

No-one in this life needs to be carrying a passenger.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   
berenike,

I'm being a bit facetious here, but some people expect too much from their partner. I'm sure if there is mutual respect for each others' individuality, and independence of spirit from both parties, relationships can be very fulfilling.

No-one in this life needs to be carrying a passenger.

I recently went with a woman to a store here locally called Target. I quickly deduced that this was a "Chick " store by the manner in which the merchandise was displayed. I can do this just as well with Penny's, Macy's, et al.

What I noted was that this is a store primarily meant to appeal to females/women.
What I also noted by the merchandise was that there was a ratio of some 7 to 1 in goods marketed to females/women verses men. Lots of individual pampering items as well.

Now the women's movements and now also women politicians are often want to remind us ..on schedule...that women in this country don't make as much monies as do me...glass ceilings et al.

What I want to know is ...at 7 to 1 ....and not making as much monies as do men...who's monies are they spending here in order to constantly support a 7 to 1 ratio of goods including personal pampering products??

Who is taking RISKS to earn this monies which are going to support this 7 to 1 ratio of goods and services?? And who defaults through unnoticed/unseen by the system that this is taking place???

Who is carrying a passenger here??

If one could live well off a system like this and unseen/unnoticed by most peoples...why would one ever be interested in understanding men except sufficient to gain more access to goods and services at this ratio??

Isn't this how many politicians often work??? Aren't politicians also and often "social engineers??"

Thanks,
Orangetom

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 12:22 AM
link   

So you're basically saying that you can't possibly be happy in a monogamous relationship, no matter how great of a wife/girlfriend she is? Why would you even try to be in a long-term relationship then? That doesn't make a bit of sense.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join